2015 Laois Senior Football

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Lets hope we get a great crowd at this one and show the players that we appreciate the hard word they are putting in. Nice to see decent support at the Galway game especially with the poor support at the Roscommon game at home.
No excuse whatsoever for supporters not to go as the GAA are putting on this double header at the same price as a single game, 10 euro for tickets pre purchased and 15 euro for tickets purchased on the day at the ground.

Allianz Leagues GAA Hurling and Football
Laois v Aontroim 5pm (Hurling)
Laois v Cill Dara 7pm (Football)

Ticket Information: 

Pre-purchase price:
Adult: €10

Match Day Price:
Adult: €15

Juveniles can attend this match free of charge and do not need a ticket.

All tickets for this match are UNRESERVED

Don't forget if you buy your ticket anytime before Friday evening in any Centra or Super Value store or the Co. Board offices you can get a Five Euro discount off the price of the ticket.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

For those who didn't get to Galway last week here are the highlights courtesy of TG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5tOcQyvBuo

Giovanni

I'd imagine that this will be a real championship style encounter on Saturday. Kildare backs are really up against the wall and that's always dangerous. Although our lads have shown a lot of character to battle back from the bad start, I don't think the performance level against Galway would be enough. We'll probably have to show roughly the same level of performance that we got against Roscommon to win this one. On the positive side, the confidence of our lads should be up and if we all turn up, we should have nothing to fear. Hope Hanrahan recovers from the injury in time - we're a bit short of backs!

Heshs Umpire

We've a dreadful recent record against the West Dubs - hopefully we can change that on Saturday.
The bookies have it a very even game. I'd take the draw!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

There is no excuse for a small Laois crowd at the games Saturday.

2 senior games of huge iportance for Laois, one in each code. Only €10 admission for adultsif purchased before Saturday. U16's free and clubs can bring their younger members along with 3 adults free.

If we cannot get a sizeable crowd on Saturday we may forget it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

We won't get massive support and you can be guaranteed half the hurling crowd will leave after the Hurling Kildare will out number us 3-1 at least I hope Im wrong I know Kildare matches always bring a few more Laois fans but it will need a lot more than what was already coming....

Spread the word get your mates there for the game!
LAOIS ABÚ

Thewildcat

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 26, 2015, 11:52:04 AM
We won't get massive support and you can be guaranteed half the hurling crowd will leave after the Hurling Kildare will out number us 3-1 at least I hope Im wrong I know Kildare matches always bring a few more Laois fans but it will need a lot more than what was already coming....

Spread the word get your mates there for the game!
[/quote

i have also been at games in O'Moore park where the football was first and the football crowd got up and left after the game was over .

redsetanta

Iwould say that of the two crowds the football crowd is the worst offender in this regard.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on March 26, 2015, 02:01:10 PM
Iwould say that of the two crowds the football crowd is the worst offender in this regard.

Pity really for such a small county we don't all pull together I myself like both codes equally and attend both on a very regular basis when Laois are involved in all grades....
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Same team I hear but waiting on colm Begley to pass a fitness test....

Moolick starts alongside Gary white in midfield for them ....I think we can win that battle for certain
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 27, 2015, 05:24:17 PM
Same team I hear but waiting on colm Begley to pass a fitness test....

Moolick starts alongside Gary white in midfield for them ....I think we can win that battle for certain

Laois

1 Graham Brody

2 Paul Begley
3 Mark Timmons
4 Damien O'Connor

5 Darren Strong
6 Robbie Kehoe
7 Colm Begley

8 Brendan Quigley
9 John O'Loughlin

10 Niall Donoher
11 Conor Boyle
12 Evan O'Carroll

13 Ross Munnelly
14 Donal Kingston
15 Paul Kingston

Kildare

1 Mark Donnellan

2 Ciaran Fitzpatrick
3 Mick O Grady
4 Ollie Lyons

5 Keith Cribbin
6 Fergal Conway
7 Emmet Bolton

8 Gary White
9 Tommy Moolick

10 Daniel Flynn
11 Eoghan O Flaherty
12 Paul Cribbin

13 Fionn Dowling
14 Padraig Fogarty
15 Alan Smith

ILikeStrawberryJam

When you consider we are pulling from a threadbare squad as portlaoise kid said its an incredible turnaround.
I think Kildare are a much better side than their position suggests. They will be desperate for the points today so well
have to match that hunger.  O'Connor at corner back is a worry but I guess there just isn't anyone else. Damien is a good footballer but Jason Ryan will know he's not a corner back.
We'll need a big game from Ross today and young Kingston. It's a given now that donie will deliver.
Hope Evan has a good game. Should be a championship feel to tonights game.
Best of luck to the hurlers too !!

Teo Lurley

You would have to worry about O'Connor, maybe they'll move Keogh into the corner? Let's hope there's a big home crowd tonight. There really is no excuse for there not to be. Midfield will be vital, win the dirty ball there and both forward lines will punish.

Heshs Umpire

f**k it anyway, is there anything worse than losing to them?  :(

But much and all as I dislike them, you have to hand it to them for digging in and getting that result in our back yard.

We've an awful recent record against them.

All to play for on Easter Sunday unfortunately.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Catch and Kick

Thought Kildare were the better side for most of this game. Certainly in terms of possession. Frustrating to watch them pass instead of shoot. Kingston really os the focus of the laois attack and he was held well enough. Stupid by him to get a red card too which could come back to haunt Laois in final game... his younger brother was whipped off too early. Was a bit unlucky not to get on the end of a few good moves.
Brody too fond of soloing out the the field and will get caught one of these days!