2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Whatever it was, it was. All together now. If the Offaly jersey can't ignite these fellas nothing will. Lets tear the f**king walls off O'Moore Park on Sunday.

portlaoisekid

great that Chedder and the lads are back... time to focus on playing Offaly now.....

SCFC

One point. Just a one point win. We need this so f***in badly. Sick of moral victories. Sick of being patronised in the media by the big guns. If there's anything in these lads guts, they will leave it all out on the pitch on Sunday. Good luck to the lads. One point will do.

Unlaoised

Hoping for a massive support on sunday now!
LAOIS ABÚ

blueandwhite1

I hope we adopt an effective strategy to counter Shane Dooley. He is a great talent and key to Offaly's success.

Other than that, I hope the leaden-footedness of the 3 games in the round robin has been put to one side. We will need to be lightening fast and accurate in execution to have a chance.

CruiseCigar

Great news cheddar and team back.  Now hopefully we get it together to neat offaly
Laoise abú

burdizzo

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on June 02, 2015, 01:24:06 AM
I have a big favor to ask. It's been a few years since I've been following the hurling back there and I'd like to reacquaint myself with the County panel. Would someone list the players who've played the most in League and the Championship this year and note what club the players are from? Also, are Conor and Brian Dunne still playing for Laois?

Thanks!
Bruce

Conor Dunne has started a lot of the games; he's the only one from The Harps on the panel as far as I know.
So, off the top of my head, there's also: Tommy Fitz and Cahir Healy (Portlaoise); goalies Enda Rowland and Eoin Reilly (both Abbeyleix); John A Delaney, Stephen Maher, Willie Hyland (Ballacolla); Brian Stapleton, Matthew Whelan, Neil Foyle, Joe Campion, PJ Scully (Borris Kilcotton); Zane Keenan and Dwayne Palmer (Camross); Cha Dwyer and Jimmy Walsh (Ballinakill); Joe Fitzpatrick, Patrick Purcell, Ross King (Rathdowney-Errill); Ben Conroy (Slieve Bloom); and Brendan Reddin (Castletown).
Might've forgotten one or two...

Thewildcat

all this Cheddar is back  lets not forget he isn't playing, i think all this will he won't he be back has took the eye off the main thing that is the game, should be a very close game but maybe the laois squad had other thinks on their minds the pass week that could be the differents at the end. or it could go the other way make them a stronger side.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: burdizzo on June 03, 2015, 07:08:22 PM
Quote from: Mossy Bruce on June 02, 2015, 01:24:06 AM
I have a big favor to ask. It's been a few years since I've been following the hurling back there and I'd like to reacquaint myself with the County panel. Would someone list the players who've played the most in League and the Championship this year and note what club the players are from? Also, are Conor and Brian Dunne still playing for Laois?

Thanks!
Bruce

Conor Dunne has started a lot of the games; he's the only one from The Harps on the panel as far as I know.
So, off the top of my head, there's also: Tommy Fitz and Cahir Healy (Portlaoise); goalies Enda Rowland and Eoin Reilly (both Abbeyleix); John A Delaney, Stephen Maher, Willie Hyland (Ballacolla); Brian Stapleton, Matthew Whelan, Neil Foyle, Joe Campion, PJ Scully (Borris Kilcotton); Zane Keenan and Dwayne Palmer (Camross); Cha Dwyer and Jimmy Walsh (Ballinakill); Joe Fitzpatrick, Patrick Purcell, Ross King (Rathdowney-Errill); Ben Conroy (Slieve Bloom); and Brendan Reddin (Castletown).
Might've forgotten one or two...

Thanks, burdizzo!

A few years back, another Harps man was playing in the forward line, James Brophy. I think, back then, he was considering retiring from the County squad. Has he played any the last few years? Does he still play for The Harps?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

laoislad

Do you mean John Brophy? Still plays with the Harps afaik.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: laoislad on June 03, 2015, 07:58:06 PM
Do you mean John Brophy? Still plays with the Harps afaik.
It is John ("Boggy" as I remember). Thanks, LaoisLad.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

G@@

AFAIK Boggy has been struggling with injury over the past two to three years Bruce.

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

the ratman

Quote from: Thewildcat on June 03, 2015, 07:20:44 PM
all this Cheddar is back  lets not forget he isn't playing, i think all this will he won't he be back has took the eye off the main thing that is the game, should be a very close game but maybe the laois squad had other thinks on their minds the pass week that could be the differents at the end. or it could go the other way make them a stronger side.
All in all the last week and a half has been another farce for Laois Hurling. When Cheddar took over it was under a premise of a 3 year plan to improve Laois Hurling. There is no doubt that there have been improved results and professionalism has increased but you also have to account for the fact Antrim and Carlows development has taken marked steps back. We are yet to take a championship "scalp" of any quality and this weekend looks like the best chance to correct this against a below par Offaly team. Should the team lose I think Cheddar will have to consider whether his position is still tenable. His role as manager of the 21s has to go down as a mistake looking back now.

Optimism has to be high going into the game and it will be most interesting how Cheddar handles the recent indiscipline. With Matthew back in the panel its going to be a tough choice whether to start him. Personally I think he should be benched for his misjudgement.

redsetanta

I think Whelan should start. He has a point to prove.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

the ratman

I don't think having a point to prove is a good reason to start someone, there is plenty that have points to prove. You cannot create a team culture where lads can do what they want and because they are big names and show remorse you act like nothings happened. This is a time to show respect to the backup players who have bided their time all year and sacrificed playing time with their club to sit on the bench for the county while Matthew got playing time.