2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlaoisekid

I couldnt agree more with your switches of Whelan to FB, Healy to midfield and Zane into the forwards.

redsetanta

I don't think Whelan has the pace for full back.  I would agree that Tom Delaney should be in the team as he's always impressed me. I think his discipline is letting him down. I also agree with the Zane switch as he doesn't have the workrate for centrefield.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

If Whelan holds the position and especially if we drop a extra man back in defence he would be absolutly fine....

In any case I dont see Chedder making too many changes and to be honest I see him starting the same team ....

merman

Quote from: redsetanta on May 09, 2015, 01:58:07 AM
I don't think Whelan has the pace for full back.

You might be right but he has looked just as exposed on the half-line this year, and that was even before his injury lay-off.
I hope the players are right mentally because anything other than a convincing win just won't be enough....

Thewildcat

Quote from: merman on March 31, 2015, 08:44:28 PM
Failure to beat Antrim would constitute definite regression for this group of players!

Antrim will improve before the Round Robin because quite honestly, they couldn't be as bad as they looked Saturday. Their come-back in the second-half was completely out own doing and if we can iron out these tendencies to retreat into a defensive shell then we should be well-equipped to top the group.

To be honest, I think we are at the stage in our development where we need to actually go on and top the group and beat Offaly to judge this year a success.

I believe we are eminently capable of doing both...

so after last weekend merman would you say its regression for this group of players, i still think Antrim could slip up to let laois back in to top the group.

merman

Quote from: Thewildcat on May 09, 2015, 04:59:47 PM
Quote from: merman on March 31, 2015, 08:44:28 PM
Failure to beat Antrim would constitute definite regression for this group of players!

Antrim will improve before the Round Robin because quite honestly, they couldn't be as bad as they looked Saturday. Their come-back in the second-half was completely out own doing and if we can iron out these tendencies to retreat into a defensive shell then we should be well-equipped to top the group.

To be honest, I think we are at the stage in our development where we need to actually go on and top the group and beat Offaly to judge this year a success.

I believe we are eminently capable of doing both...

so after last weekend merman would you say its regression for this group of players, i still think Antrim could slip up to let laois back in to top the group.

We have regressed in my opinion.
Brian Campion has proven to be a massive loss, as many of us expected, and we have seen no evidence of anyone knocking down the door and breaking into the first 15.

Thewildcat

why aren't some of the minors of the last 3 years not getting a chance.

TheGreatGame

Cha Dwyer, Joe Campion, PJ Scully, Ben Conroy, Dwayne Palmer and more have made the step up from those minor teams.  Cha is a main player for us now, and we'd be hoping the rest will be main players in the years to come Thewildcat.  It is a tough step up, it's important we dont rush them either.

Best of luck to Laois tomorrow.  Again, if Carlow want it more than us we'll be in trouble so we really need lads to step up tomorrow.

Two Hands FFS

Looking back at the Antrim match I can't understand why Laois took off Ross King the corner forward??

G@@

Quote from: G@@ on March 22, 2015, 12:30:57 AM
At this stage of the league I feel we should experiment with both the Limerick and Antrim games and put our efforts into beating Div II winners if it comes to it. I would much much rather beat Antrim in the LSHC than on March 29th.

I said it at the time and was villified for it.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

I don't think anybody had a go at you about that. Why would they?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

G@@

Not necessarily on here RS!  ;D

Anyways, we've really backed ourselves into a corner now and we must, at all costs, put Carlow to the sword today and Westmeath too in a fortnight's time. Carlow will be no pushovers and we will have to be on top of our game to beat them. It will be interesting to see if Westmeath can turn over Antrim today, buoyed on by their minor win over Wexford they might take a bit of steeled pride into that and pull off a win which would greatly help our cause!
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Thewildcat

westmeath 1-13 Antrim 0-2 half time  ???

Thewildcat

Westmeath 1-21 Antrim 0-7 told ya Antrim could slip up, some display from westmeath all the talk was Laois or Antrim to come out top in this group looks like westmeath will at least get second.  laois had 3 point to spare over carlow so they play westmeath in portlaoise in two weeks, would laois have to beat westmeath well to finish top i think they beat carlow by 3 points to. they are top today  so would any sort of win do for laois if both lose just 1 game.

redsetanta

If we beat Westmeath and Antrim beat Carlow there will be a 3 way tie so it will be down to points difference. Westmeath are +18, Laois +2 and Antrim -17 so if that's the scenario we will have to beat Westmeath by 9 points to top the group.
If Carlow draw or win against Antrim then it would be down to head to head with ourselves and Westmeath as far as I know.