I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Syferus

Sure it's not like the No side can actually win, if it fails we'll just be annoyed off our tits about it for another decade then asked again. Nice and Lisbon version 3. May as well vote Yes and get it out of the way.

Oh, and it's probably the right thing to do.

Sidney

The George should be some fun the night of May 23rd.

It'll be like Copper's after Dublin beat Kerry in the All-Ireland final in 2011.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 08:33:01 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 01, 2015, 08:03:23 PM
I would argue that although Homosexuality appears in nature it doesn't make it natural.
Most if not all animals will also jump on their offspring if they are in heat. Is incest therefore natural?
An old grizzly animal will jump up on a young female in her first season - is pedophilia natural?

We are blurring the lines between normal and natural and evident in nature.....

That's a bit of a risky path to go down.

Well some people keep telling me that homosexuality is wrong because it's unnatural. Do you disagree with that argument?

I ask because when you bring up the inconvenient facts about homosexuality in nature, the homophobes have a tendency to wobble between two contradictory arguments, one saying that homosexuality is wrong because it's unnatural, and the other saying that it's wrong because it is natural.

Is everyone who disagrees with your agenda/point of view on this issue a homophobe?

I think homosexuality is wrong but I never want to see anyone discriminated against because they like me get one shot at this adventure.

The past is littered with wonderful people who happen to be gay,and whose lives were made abject misery at the hands of people who agreed with my opinion on the matter, that said every person on earth deserves to be treated with respect and to not be judged by his or her peers unless the law of the land is broken, I was once a walking advocate of the death penalty, no longer, I do not agree with gay marriage but as long as they are not married in a Christian Church I have no right to Judge, if they were married in a Christian Church I still have no right to do so, but God does!

Being on the conservative side does not mean you are an unfeeling bastard, it simply means you are accountable and are no less entitled to your opinion than are your homosexual/liberal counterparts.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

topcuppla

Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion. 

annapr

Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 07:59:27 AM
Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion.
Yeah because being Gay is just about the sex really isn't it?
When you're at a heterosexual wedding do you think about all the sex the couple are going to be having or is it just Gay sex you like to think about?

macdanger2

If we're still talking about the referendum (and I'm not sure we are) then based on your last line, would you vote yes? Because the legal rights / financial security is really what the referendum is about in real terms

topcuppla

Yes I would vote yes, everyone should have the same financial rights no matter what their sexual perferences.

topcuppla

Quote from: annapr on May 02, 2015, 08:41:04 AM
When you're at a heterosexual wedding do you think about all the sex the couple are going to be having or is it just Gay sex you like to think about?

So gay people don't have sex, they just want a flatmate or a buddy, is that it? 

topcuppla

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 02, 2015, 09:22:53 AM

If we're still talking about the referendum (and I'm not sure we are) then based on your last line, would you vote yes? Because the legal rights / financial security is really what the referendum is about in real terms

The right for two men to adopt a child however should not be allowed.

annapr

Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 10:02:06 AM

So gay people don't have sex, they just want a flatmate or a buddy, is that it?
Yeah that's what I meant  ::)

Sidney

I reckon most of the No camp think about gay sex an awful lot.

laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2015, 09:28:16 PM
Annapr ,sad to say but I couldn't tolerate any gay family members.I would have to say I would be forced to disown them.Harsh I know but this is my honest view
A child needs a mother and father they say. Two gay men/women can't raise a child they say.

I think any child would be far better off being raised by two parents in a same sex relationship than having someone like you as a Dad. 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on May 02, 2015, 08:13:01 AM
Sensible article here
http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/analysis/avoid-triumph-of-political-correctness-over-mother-nature-328052.html

He hides his argument behind an ad hominem at the Taoiseach and the Government. Why? It makes it sound like a rant and it very obviously has a political agenda.

This referendum was proposed by the Constitutional Convention (out of 100 members, only 19 are from the Government) and was approved by both houses of An Oireachtais. But don't let any facts get in the way of....etc.
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Two questions for the No camp:

Is it natural for a man to stick his penis in another man's rectum?

Is it natural for a man to stick his penis in a woman's rectum?