I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

T Fearon

Apart from the opposition to homosexuality / gay marriage explicit in scripture,what chance has any child of growing up normal in a gay marriage scenario? What chance has it got of experiencing the natural heterosexual perspective so vital for normality,procreation etc? Zilch in my opinion,and whatever about gay marriage I don't see how anyone could rationally support the upbringing of children in such an environment

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2015, 05:54:27 PM
Apart from the opposition to homosexuality / gay marriage explicit in scripture,what chance has any child of growing up normal in a gay marriage scenario? What chance has it got of experiencing the natural heterosexual perspective so vital for normality,procreation etc? Zilch in my opinion,and whatever about gay marriage I don't see how anyone could rationally support the upbringing of children in such an environment

Are you saying that gay parents will turn a heterosexual child gay?

That they wouldn't have the intelligence or wherewithal to properly educate their child, just like heterosexual couples?

I suppose you're right though. I mean what is a young child supposed to think when he sees his two male parents always dressed in leather chaps and whips and never, ever doing normal every day stuff like other parents.

T Fearon

How could a child growing up in that scenario and be normal? How could it grow up with any concept of opposite sex relationships,with an appreciation of the different values a man and woman brings to parenthood?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2015, 05:54:27 PM

You are right, leave it in the orphanage.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2015, 06:06:30 PM
How could a child growing up in that scenario and be normal? How could it grow up with any concept of opposite sex relationships,with an appreciation of the different values a man and woman brings to parenthood?

Normal? Hmm - nice.

But yes - it's a puzzle, for sure. I mean, how could a child of a heterosexual couple grow up with any concept of same sex relationships? You'll have to give us your theory of where homosexuality comes from under this edition of your logic.

J70

What different values?

That women may be a little moody for a few days each month?  That men hate asking for directions?  Are they going to be cocooned away from the world,  never interacting with the opposite sex?

gallsman

I'm guessing you emerged from a heterosexual relationship and they made a right f**k up.

T Fearon

You know it's not right,not normal,and I have not seen a convincing argument to the contrary

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2015, 06:50:35 PM
You know it's not right,not normal,and I have not seen a convincing argument to the contrary

Everything that we know and do was 'not right,not normal' at one time.

Imagine the reaction to the first fella to move out of the cave, into the suburbs.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

Nor have you attempted to offer one in support. You are a child.

J70

Interracial marriage was illegal in parts of the US as recently as the sixties. The same decade saw Aboriginal people in Australia removed from the native fauna list. Homosexual acts were illegal as was contraception in Ireland until the 80s.

What society deems normal changes, usually for the better in social terms.

Besides, if you want to discriminate against a group of people,  is the onus not on YOU to justify it?

Sandy Hill

Surely the burden of proof falls more on those who wish to change the status quo?
"Stercus accidit"

J70

Quote from: Sandy Hill on February 09, 2015, 07:52:59 PM
Surely the burden of proof falls more on those who wish to change the status quo?

Depends on what the proposed change to the status quo is. If we wanted to embrace nuclear power, then obviously there are legitimate arguments for and against which would have to be debated. Equality issues, in the other hand, the burden is on (or should be on) those who wish to deny it.

The Iceman

So I've heard the jist of the story of 50 shades of grey. And there have been some high profile cases recently of young men (pre the legal age of consent) being seduced (under the law: abused) by older women.
If a consenting older woman and a consenting younger man/boy want to be together why can't they be? Why is their desire/love/lust not equal to yours?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

michaelg

Quote from: J70 on February 09, 2015, 07:43:05 PM

Interracial marriage was illegal in parts of the US as recently as the sixties. The same decade saw Aboriginal people in Australia removed from the native fauna list. Homosexual acts were illegal as was contraception in Ireland until the 80s.

What society deems normal changes, usually for the better in social terms.

Besides, if you want to discriminate against a group of people,  is the onus not on YOU to justify it?
You are wasting your time arguing with him.  Quite simply, he is a narrow-minded bigot.