Armagh vs. Tipperary NFL Div. 3, Round 1

Started by Oraisteach, January 29, 2015, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

Armagh 2-08  Tipp 0-13  FT  Tipp can feel very hard done by--had almost all the play in second half.  J Clarke scored 1-05

AZOffaly

Disappointed for Tipp that they couldn't hold on for at least a draw. Sounded like a decent performance though, especially when they lost a man and fell a goal behind as well. The next step for this team is to close out these sort of victories though. A similar situation happened in cork last year in the championship. It's great that they are getting into those positions, but you have to go on and win them games. Limerick never quite cracked that in the mid 00s and were left unfulfilled as a team. Tipp need to kick on and show they belong, because I know they do.

Orior

Tipp were robbed. You would have thought they had had the extra man instead of Armagh. Once again we hadto rely too much on Jamie for scores.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Throw ball

As bad as Armagh have played in a while - bar Jamie. Did not see what the Tipp Man did to get the line but Grogan for Tipp and Forker for Armagh were lucky not to follow. Think the penalty was a very harsh decision. Still playing poor and winning will do.

BennyCake

Quote from: Throw ball on February 01, 2015, 05:38:03 PM
As bad as Armagh have played in a while - bar Jamie. Did not see what the Tipp Man did to get the line but Grogan for Tipp and Forker for Armagh were lucky not to follow. Think the penalty was a very harsh decision. Still playing poor and winning will do.

Ah well, at least we're not Tyrone.

Smokin Joe

Did not see what the Tipp Man did to get the line

The two boys did a bit of rolling about, the Tipp man got on top and punched the Cullyhana lad.  It was a red card, but normally you don't see them given.

I assume that black cards are not in use during the NFL?

Throw ball

Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 01, 2015, 06:14:12 PM
Did not see what the Tipp Man did to get the line

The two boys did a bit of rolling about, the Tipp man got on top and punched the Cullyhana lad.  It was a red card, but normally you don't see them given.

I assume that black cards are not in use during the NFL?

With you on the black cards. A couple of blatant trips for a start!

Tipperary are a big big team with a strong midfield. Was impressed with their full forward. They also have a couple of players who are good at the 'darker arts'. A couple of Armagh lads could learn a thing or two! On saying that overall I feel Armagh might have got the balance of decisions and stole the points.

LCohen

Will McGeeney persist with the ploy of one up front and lumping ball in at him no matter how many men are marking him?

twohands!!!

Quote from: LCohen on February 01, 2015, 07:37:57 PM
Will McGeeney persist with the ploy of one up front and lumping ball in at him no matter how many men are marking him?

No - sometimes he will play no-man up front and continue lumping ball in that direction :)

BennyCake

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 01, 2015, 08:52:06 PM
Quote from: LCohen on February 01, 2015, 07:37:57 PM

No - sometimes he will play no-man up front and continue lumping ball in that direction :)

Yes, that's called Plan B.

We're always ahead of the game when it comes to tactics  ;)

Over the Bar

QuoteAh well, at least we're not Tyrone.

Correct Einstein. You don't have 3 All Irelands and you're in division 3. Not a hard one to work out.

tippabu

Bitterly disappointed after that today, thought the ref had an absolute mare but then I am biased. The penalty was very soft to say the very least, I do believe our red card was correct though, I only half saw it but it looked like Robbie threw a punch. Armagh were poor today but I think alot of people still don't quiet give us the credit that we are actually a pretty decent side. Alot of young players today for us, 4 under 21's started and 6 of our ai minor winning team, our midfield o riordan and o brien who are 19 and 20 were very good and contributed 5 points from play and that was the main def fence between the teams, apart from Clarke armagh didn't seem to have anyone who looked comfortable to take a score whereas we had scores though out the team. having played almost 30 mins with only 14 men our lads were out on their feet, still it was almost a carbon copy of the cork match from last year we should have won but didn't see it out, we need to sort out a game plan for seeing out these big games. hopefully now armagh can beat everyone else and the rest of us can fight it out for 2nd place, wouldn't mind getting another crack at ye in croke park. Best of luck on the year ahead.