10 (37%)
Waterford
1 (3.7%)
Wicklow
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: January 29, 2015, 05:54:34 PM

Catch and Kick

Ah I see. I was thinking National League only!

Catch and Kick

Offaly now clear favourites after two rounds. Antrim push now in trouble with only 2 home games to come. Hard to see them turn it around. Waterford lost Shane Ahern with 2 yellows (same happened him last year in Munster SFC, If I remember rightly). That must have been a big factor in their loss. Still expect them to be there or thereabouts. Longford in good place without setting the world alight. How did Leitrim throw away a 9 point lead against Wicklow? Carlow have turned it around too with 3 points from first 2 games.
Still going to be a tight group come round 7.

deiseach

Keeping 15 men on the field has been a problem for Waterford over the last few years. Not much room for error now, will be hoping Offaly run away with it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on February 09, 2015, 10:30:33 AM
Keeping 15 men on the field has been a problem for Waterford over the last few years. Not much room for error now, will be hoping Offaly run away with it.

Me too.

Catch and Kick

Offaly are favourites for sure but it's surprising how defensive they are. Maybe with the return of the Rhode lads they might become more expansive.
Waterford must have been affected by the loss of Ahern for so long in the game and I'd have expected Offaly to win more easily.

AZOffaly

Well in fairness they scored 13 points and held Waterford to a point in the second half. The Rhode lads are mostly back now, Niall Mc came on and looked good apparently. I suspect Pat might be trying to make them tighter at the back in trying to make us competitive.

macdanger2

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 08, 2015, 03:34:47 PM
Last unbeaten team in the country fell today in fortress Tullamore. Good win for Offaly, Waterford had got a nice little bit of momentum going.

The dirty Rossies are still unbeaten, no?

rodney trotter

NUIG beat Roscommon in group stages of the FBD.

stevecw

Still expect Offaly to run away with this div 4, probably unbeaten. Be a big fight for 2nd between 5 others I reckon. Only Leitrim & London won't be involved.

Was at the Carlow v London game on Sunday and London are a good side. Seriously accurate, they had about 25% of the ball but somehow ended up going in 5-4 up. Carlow kicked 9 wides & another 5 at least into keepers hands. By the 50th min i'd say London had 9 shots all = 9 points...maybe 1 wide.
2nd half we got goals at vital stages, but even after 2nd goal to put us 2-7 to 0-9 ahead they got 4 points in 4 mins. On top at mf & kicking points from anywhere once inside the 45. Luckily we got a monster score from about 60 yards by St Ledger and scored a classy point by managers son to wrap it up.

Ok we were missing our 2 main players Brendan Murphy who broke a bone in his foot v Antrim 1st day out. So looks like he's gone for league. Paul Broderick our free taker & main scoring forward was also injured for the London game. He should be back for next game. London are a good side and they will def take a point or points off some team in this Div 4

Lone Shark

Quote from: stevecw on February 10, 2015, 10:54:37 PM
Still expect Offaly to run away with this div 4, probably unbeaten. Be a big fight for 2nd between 5 others I reckon. Only Leitrim & London won't be involved.

I'd love if you were right on this, but I really don't see where all this confidence re: Offaly's chances is coming from. To take one obvious example, we played Longford twice in 2014, home and away, and were comfortably beaten on each occasion. We've to go to Pearse Park again this Spring and while we're not without hope, Longford will be favourites barring a collapse over the next few rounds.

A really harsh red card cost Waterford dearly in O'Connor Park on Sunday. Offaly showed a good attitude and workrate on the field (something that hasn't been a trademark of our play for a few seasons now) and gradually Waterford were worn down by the effort required in competing without one of their key men. On another day, that could have been a very different result. I'd be amazed if Waterford are well in the hunt by the end, while as things stand, Leitrim are probably in a better position than Antrim, who probably need to win 5/5 from now on.

AZOffaly

I presume you mean 'aren't' in the hunt at the end?

Lone Shark

I do. Forgive my sloppiness!  :-[

Catch and Kick

With the return of the Rhode contingent and a Manager who is well grounded, Offaly will breeze through. I'd expect big things from the Faithful County under Flanagan. He's a good operator and has earned respect of players.
This Waterford side will be on their heels - big big team and suffered because of a ridiculous sending off.
Wicklow's 2nd half Lazarus recovery will add impetus to their campaign and they are going to be a thorn in the side of everyone visiting Aughrim.
Neighbours Carlow have to be delighted with their start but can they sustain it?
Longford have been impressive underage and it's time now to move at senior grade. Kavanagh has to put the scores on the board though as they rely  on him a lot.
Lovely Leitrim will always be plucky but can't see them in the shake up now after that collapse in Aughrim.
Antrim - talk a good game but don't have the bottle. Unusual for an Ulster side.!
That leaves London and they've been awkward in their opening games but the interest will drift after two losses.

stevecw

An unexpected win for Carlow down in Dungarvan this evening really complicates things. We have 3 home games left and just the 1 away trip to Offaly. Can see as I said earlier Offaly ending top, but for the 1st time I actually think Carlow have a great chance of coming 2nd. It might come down to the Carlow/Longford game on the last day.

twohands!!!

Quote from: stevecw on February 28, 2015, 10:40:18 PM
An unexpected win for Carlow down in Dungarvan this evening really complicates things. We have 3 home games left and just the 1 away trip to Offaly. Can see as I said earlier Offaly ending top, but for the 1st time I actually think Carlow have a great chance of coming 2nd. It might come down to the Carlow/Longford game on the last day.

Interesting to see that all of the early pace-setters have all beaten London who look very much to be the whipping boys of the Division this year.

At this stage you would say that its looking very much like a 3 way battle between Carlow, Offaly and Longford for promotion. How these 3 get on in the games against each other looks like it will decide the promotion situation.

Last night's loss at home for Waterford looks to be a severe blow to their chances at getting promoted especially when they have only 1 more home game to play. The glories of January and their result over Cork must seem like a long-distant memory now.