Kildare
24 (19.4%)
Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

Old yeller

Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2015, 03:52:00 PM
A point dropped rather than a point won. Should have won it.
Dont know what game you were at

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Old yeller on February 01, 2015, 08:28:35 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2015, 03:52:00 PM
A point dropped rather than a point won. Should have won it.
Dont know what game you were at

Agree. I think Ros got two points from play in the 2nd half, one of which was wide. Michael Duffy kept ye in it with a series of unbelievable frees to Roscommon that had even the hardiest Ros fans scratching their heads. As I always say, Duffy can somehow see every free that is 50 meters away off the ball but cannot see them right in front of his face. He should hang up his boots as its more comical he is getting. Today we had a Cavan player booked for trying to go down and pick up a ball, other ones booked for a push during a kickout. A roscommon player dragged a Cavan player to the ground in the 1st half, Duffy makes the action to show the player he pulled the player down and then gives the same player a yellow instead of a black. His umpires waves a definite Cavan point wide and then from a Carbon copy shot in the 2nd half give Ros a point that was clearly wide. Still I'd have taken a point before the game so happy enough.

Syferus

We led the match for at least 60 minutes. We even went ahead with three minutes left. Cavan scored the final equaliser off a 45 from a wide ball O'Malley was probably better off not touching. You'd be mad to think Roscommon would be happy to get a draw a game that went as it did.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2015, 09:03:04 PM
We led the match for at least 60 minutes. We even went ahead with three minutes left. Cavan scored the final equaliser off a 45 from a wide ball O'Malley was probably better off not touching. You'd be mad to think Roscommon would be happy to get a draw a game that went as it did.

No one said ye would be happy with a point but you got a 2 point swing from two brutal decisions by the umpires so I say you were lucky to be  leading the game that long and lucky to get the point.

cavan4sam

I know the Gearoid shot that you are talking about Myles but what Roascommon point are you talking about? I don't remember there being any contested points by Ros in second half?

Itchy

I think he refers to a score early in 2nd half.

Syferus

None of the scores looked remotely controversial, and the Cavan lads around me had a good view of both goals and there were no complaints early in the second half with non-points, or any other time for that matter.

If you want to get into that game let's talk about the belt Niall Daly got nearly immediately after the second half throw-in, Myles..

moysider

Lets face it Sy. the crown has slipped a bit. Dropping a point Kiltoom to the Meanies was not in the script.
Couldn t believe it when I checked out the final score. I was preoccupied by our own struggles in Killarney until then.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on February 02, 2015, 12:01:00 AM

Lets face it Sy. the crown has slipped a bit. Dropping a point Kiltoom to the Meanies was not in the script.
Couldn t believe it when I checked out the final score. I was preoccupied by our own struggles in Killarney until then.

The Lord works in mysterious ways, Moysider. Perhaps more novena hours in greater Ballagh would close the deal next time out.
Destiny is something we can't always harness .

I dunno if this kind of music goes down well on Shannonside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCX6WBIzfQ8

Rossfan

Sad really when instead of being happily discussing their own teams' good results we have Seaf and the Rhus obsessing over the Ros result. :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2015, 09:09:11 AM
Sad really when instead of being happily discussing their own teams' good results we have Seaf and the Rhus obsessing over the Ros result. :'(

It's all a big circus.

Lookit.

An encouraging win for Galway. Meath have been a bugbear for the last few years in the new mediocrity and it's good to put them back in their box. We had a bad shtart last year losing 3 on the trot so this win is good and hopefully we can build on it.

None of the teams in D2 are world beaters so it's all about trying to get a bit of consistency. Winning 4 home matches and one away could be enough to go up but Galway haven't been consistent for a long time.   

And who are the 20 people who chose Ros to win the division  ?

Croí na hÉireann

Decent win for Westmeath yesterday, considering we were missing Duffy, didn't really make use of the wind in the 1st half and lost McCormack and Heslin to black cards before half time. Referee very inconsistent with black cards yesterday, home support none too happy with him although he wasn't too bad otherwise I thought. Wasn't much in this match until Laois lost their discipline, they were playing a physical game from the start and lost a man to a yellow/black midway through the second half, which was closely followed by a straight red and they were unable to stem the tide that followed. They look a side heading towards the trap door already.

Midfield a problem area for Westmeath, both starters were substituted although Sharry did well there in the second half. Kevin Maguire led from pillar to post and is right up there with the best full backs in the country. Kieran Martin and Ger Egan very good as well. We play a nice crisp short passing game but need to work on deliveries into the ff line. Great to get a league win, its been a long couple of years...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 02, 2015, 09:58:03 AM
Decent win for Westmeath yesterday, considering we were missing Duffy, didn't really make use of the wind in the 1st half and lost McCormack and Heslin to black cards before half time. Referee very inconsistent with black cards yesterday, home support none too happy with him although he wasn't too bad otherwise I thought. Wasn't much in this match until Laois lost their discipline, they were playing a physical game from the start and lost a man to a yellow/black midway through the second half, which was closely followed by a straight red and they were unable to stem the tide that followed. They look a side heading towards the trap door already.

Midfield a problem area for Westmeath, both starters were substituted although Sharry did well there in the second half. Kevin Maguire led from pillar to post and is right up there with the best full backs in the country. Kieran Martin and Ger Egan very good as well. We play a nice crisp short passing game but need to work on deliveries into the ff line. Great to get a league win, its been a long couple of years...

Great to see the other maroon team winning their first match since 2013. Jesus, 2014 was some write off.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2015, 10:33:46 AM

Great to see the other maroon team winning their first match since 2013. Jesus, 2014 was some write off.

You said it. Don't forget to pack the white kit for the weekend.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

shark

Great start alright. There are some very good footballers on this Westmeath team. Maguire (as you mentioned), Ger Egan, Heslin, a soon returning Kieran Gavin, are all top bracket players. Midfield is the concern. I think 1 big and 1 mobile will be the preferred option with Duffy/Daly being partnered by Egan/Sharry. Although it could be argued that Daly falls in to the mobile category as he is very quick and not very physically strong for a man of 6-6.
Galway game is huge now, mainly because it's a home game. Win it and watch the confidence grow. Lose and the relegation fight will go right to the wire.