Boy's family charged for birthday party no show

Started by Nigel White, January 19, 2015, 06:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel White

Has anyone else heard that non story that's all over the BBC about the family of a 5 year old kid being invoiced for him not turning up at his friend's birthday party at a dry ski slope. BBC has little to be at imo.

T Fearon

Boy's father interviewed on BBC TV news at 6 and on BBC Radio Ulster at 5.30pm.The invoice sender (total £15.50) says she will pursue debt via small claims court

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Nigel White on January 19, 2015, 06:33:36 PM
Has anyone else heard that non story that's all over the BBC about the family of a 5 year old kid being invoiced for him not turning up at his friend's birthday party at a dry ski slope. BBC has little to be at imo.

That's why I stuck it here

Nigel White

Must have crossed in the post because I checked that thread before i put this one up

beer baron

muppet

Quote from: beer baron on January 19, 2015, 10:17:51 PM
Absolute gobshites,what's the world coming to.

In fairness he said he checked for a thread before posting.

;)
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Party for a 5 year old at a ski slope? The parents need a good slap.

Eamonnca1

In my day you got a gift and a cake for dessert at teatime with a lok of candles on it. Can't believe how over-the-top childers' birthday parties have gotten now. Raising a generation of spoiled brats.

muppet

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 20, 2015, 12:19:30 AM
In my day you got a gift and a cake for dessert at teatime with a lok of candles on it. Can't believe how over-the-top childers' birthday parties have gotten now. Raising a generation of spoiled brats.

Agreed, the only thing more over the top than today's children's birthday parties, is people who haven't got a clue about today's children's birthday parties ranting about it.
MWWSI 2017

DennistheMenace

What's wrong with the party at the ski slopes?

Personally I think both side come out looking pathetic.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on January 20, 2015, 09:51:30 AM

Agreed, the only thing more over the top than today's children's birthday parties, is people who haven't got a clue about today's children's birthday parties ranting about it.

Touché :)

deiseach

<insert link to Four Yorkshiremen sketch here>

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2015, 11:24:30 PM
Party for a 5 year old at a ski slope? The parents need a good slap.
an indoor ski slope in England makes as much sense as running the World cup in Qatar

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 20, 2015, 11:03:00 AM
Quote from: muppet on January 20, 2015, 09:51:30 AM

Touché :)
Touchy?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on January 20, 2015, 11:09:07 AM

<insert link to Four Yorkshiremen sketch here>

Shoe box int middle of the road