Looks like another Fundamentalist Muslim attack, this time in Paris.

Started by AZOffaly, January 07, 2015, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2015, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 13, 2015, 03:04:50 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11338985/Fox-News-terror-expert-says-everyone-in-Birmingham-is-a-Muslim.html

Some of the responses on twitter were brilliant.
the apology is pointless. the goal was to feed shite to dumb American Fox viewers who won't see the apology.

Standard dirty tricks for the masses.

See the way the presenter leads him "...You know what it sounds like to me, Steve? It sounds like a caliphate within a particular country....."

Scare the bejaysus out of the rednecks and then promise to protect them. #FoxNewsFacts

MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 13, 2015, 09:39:24 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 12, 2015, 08:41:09 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on January 12, 2015, 09:49:20 AM
Are you for real? Personally I had as much faith in Ahmahinejad having his finger on the button as that clown George W, who was getting advice from God of all people. And if Khomenei [sp] had had a nuclear option it would have been a toss up between him and Reagan too.

I'm deadly serious. Iran was a democracy before, there's no reason to believe it won't be again.

Iran isn't a democracy???? Well now thats news to me, and to most Iranians I would imagine.

Oh they go through the motions of having elections and all, but at the end of the day nobody gets elected without the approval of the mullahs.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 13, 2015, 07:26:39 PM
Are you for real? Personally I had as much faith in Ahmahinejad having his finger on the button as that clown George W, who was getting advice from God of all people. And if Khomenei [sp] had had a nuclear option it would have been a toss up between him and Reagan too.

I'm deadly serious. Iran was a democracy before, there's no reason to believe it won't be again.

Iran isn't a democracy???? Well now thats news to me, and to most Iranians I would imagine.

Oh they go through the motions of having elections and all, but at the end of the day nobody gets elected without the approval of the mullahs.
I don't believe that is so different to how things work in the states with the plutocrats

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2015, 08:08:16 PM
I don't believe that is so different to how things work in the states with the plutocrats

Thing is, in the states nowadays you can build up a big enough "net roots" operation that you can overcome the power of big donors with a large number of small donations from your devoted followers. But you have to be inspiring enough to attract that kind of following. Howard Dean pioneered it (and then blew it with his "I have a scream" speech), Barry Obama perfected it. You getmsome congress people who use this model. Alan Grayson is probably one of the best examples. Goes on TV calling the repubs a crowd of "foot-dragging, knuckle-dragging neanderthals" and other headline-grabbing rhetoric, then watches the contributions flood in.

Keyser soze

Oh right I didnt know that. And can't find any proof of it either, maybe you could point me in the right direction??

However it sounds like a lot of other democracies tbh e.g. its's just like the way its done in the UK then where the Head of State and Church accepts the Prime Minister's offer to form a government.

gallsman

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 14, 2015, 11:39:08 AM

Oh right I didnt know that. And can't find any proof of it either, maybe you could point me in the right direction??

However it sounds like a lot of other democracies tbh e.g. its's just like the way its done in the UK then where the Head of State and Church accepts the Prime Minister's offer to form a government.

Are you really equating Khamenei with Lizzie Windsor!?

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on January 14, 2015, 11:47:12 AM

Unbelievable alright.............

Khamenei's armies haven't killed remotely as many people as Lizzies.

JoG2

Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 13, 2015, 12:47:28 PM
This obsessive and bitter goading/stalking/trolling of seafoid fairly ruins threads

funny, I had it as Sheehy (who should'nt be using the moniker of the games greats !) who was the pain in the hoop. (in fairness I dont follow some of the threads too closely)

Keyser soze

Quote from: gallsman on January 14, 2015, 11:47:12 AM

Not really but there are certainly parallels between the 2 systems in the mix of theocracy and state institutions.

Though now you mention it if you want to maybe add up which of the 2 would be responsible for invading the most foreign countries, starting the most wars and causing the most deaths over the last 30 odd years as a result of this, feel free to put the numbers up.

NB you are unlikely to be able to source this information on the BBC, which, like you appear to, tends to believe that the UK has the mother of all parliaments and is the good guy out policing the rest of the world.

trileacman

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/dieudonne-arrest-facebook-post-charlie-coulibaly-paris-gunman

France has a seriously fucked idea of what freedom of speech. The satire magazine are celebrated for repeating the action which incited 17 deaths, including the lives of those not associated to Hebdo but your man is charged with an offence for offering his opinion on FB. For the record I think both actions are f**king stupidity but how can free thinking people not see the irony of this situation.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

LeoMc

Quote from: JoG2 on January 14, 2015, 02:01:43 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 13, 2015, 12:47:28 PM
This obsessive and bitter goading/stalking/trolling of seafoid fairly ruins threads

funny, I had it as Sheehy (who should'nt be using the moniker of the games greats !) who was the pain in the hoop. (in fairness I dont follow some of the threads too closely)
Nor even this one ;D
Steve was talking of the trolling of Seafoid not trolling by Seafoid.

haveaharp

Quote from: trileacman on January 14, 2015, 03:47:37 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/dieudonne-arrest-facebook-post-charlie-coulibaly-paris-gunman

France has a seriously fucked idea of what freedom of speech. The satire magazine are celebrated for repeating the action which incited 17 deaths, including the lives of those not associated to Hebdo but your man is charged with an offence for offering his opinion on FB. For the record I think both actions are f**king stupidity but how can free thinking people not see the irony of this situation.

Those cartoons could only incite murder in the mind of a brainwashed psychopath. I'd say most free thinking people can see that much. Suggesting support for those murders is incitement in my view.