Neil Lennon's Bolton Wanderers

Started by T Fearon, December 27, 2014, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Amazing start,rapidly ascending the table,and pulling off masterstrokes like signing Emile Heskey.Neil could be destined for a big job in the Premiership

seafoid

You should take up a marketing role, Tony.

Dubh driocht

I'm with Tony. Neil Lennon is an intelligent manager who has a bit of presence about him. He will get respect in the dressing room because he is hard working and effective and has been around lower leagues, Premier League and Scotland. The BBC and RTE like him- he was a revelation during the World Cup- and I have a friend who did his UEFA licence course with him and said he was a thinker with insight into the game. The Scottish/NI media painted a picture of him which was inaccurate- he has learned so much from Martin O'Neill- and he is another example of a man with sound GAA values making it good in a challenging environment.
Crystal Palace must be kicking himself they didn't take a chance with him- probably based on irrational anti- Irish/ginger sentiment- and while Bolton fans weren't initially overjoyed with his appointment, it looks like he could deliver the play-offs for them. Neil did the right thing to get out of Scotland while at the top- he wanted to manage in the Premier League and he will.

glens73

Quote from: Dubh driocht on December 27, 2014, 05:42:28 PM
I'm with Tony. Neil Lennon is an intelligent manager who has a bit of presence about him. He will get respect in the dressing room because he is hard working and effective and has been around lower leagues, Premier League and Scotland. The BBC and RTE like him- he was a revelation during the World Cup- and I have a friend who did his UEFA licence course with him and said he was a thinker with insight into the game. The Scottish/NI media painted a picture of him which was inaccurate- he has learned so much from Martin O'Neill- and he is another example of a man with sound GAA values making it good in a challenging environment.
Crystal Palace must be kicking himself they didn't take a chance with him- probably based on irrational anti- Irish/ginger sentiment- and while Bolton fans weren't initially overjoyed with his appointment, it looks like he could deliver the play-offs for them. Neil did the right thing to get out of Scotland while at the top- he wanted to manage in the Premier League and he will.

:o

Tony Baloney

Neil Warnock is gingerish which muat explain his sacking (but not his initial appointment).

You read some great stuff on this board  ;D

illdecide

I said all along that Neil was a top bloke and a lot on here thought I was blowing smoke up his ass because I know him. He has proved he's a good manager and he'll get even better, I bet Celtic wish they still had his services. As mentioned previously there are a few premiership teams who are now wishing they'd took him on and it'll prob work out even better for Neil in the end as he'll end up with a bigger job that what was available this summer.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Was at a Celtic training session in January and had a chat with him,politeness personified,though he suffered no fools during the training session itself.Very impressed,if he can handle the pressure in Glasgow he can handle anything

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on December 27, 2014, 09:53:34 PM
Was at a Celtic training session in January and had a chat with him,politeness personified,though he suffered no fools during the training session itself.Very impressed,if he can handle the pressure in Glasgow he can handle anything
A tr**p on the street could manage Celtic to the league every year.

keep her low this half

What team have you ever managed to win anything??!!

T Fearon

Celtic manager must not only win the league,he must do it in style,must win domestic cups,and compete in Europe.Not as easy as it looks

never kickt a ball

Quote from: glens73 on December 27, 2014, 05:59:43 PM

never kickt a ball

Quote from: T Fearon on December 27, 2014, 09:20:35 AM
Amazing start,rapidly ascending the table,and pulling off masterstrokes like signing Emile Heskey.Neil could be destined for a big job in the Premiership

Ah well it was good while it lasted Neil.............................................

deiseach

Dougie Freedman took Bolton from 20th to 7th in his first season in charge. Good luck to Neil Lennon - he'll need all he can get in that cutthroat division.

T Fearon

I reckon if he re signs Peter Reid and Frank Worthington he could get Bolton to the play offs! Seriously he has made a great start,and with the experience of managing all the ups and downs in Glasgow I'm sure he'll keep it going.

Boycey

You certainly put the curse on him today  :D