The Indo's Best Players of the 21st Century Never to Win an All-Ireland

Started by IolarCoisCuain, December 22, 2014, 10:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Do people actually pay money for the Indo? Or do they get it for free in offices / hotels?

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 23, 2014, 03:51:47 PM
Do people actually pay money for the Indo? Or do they get it for free in offices / hotels?

I don't think anyone admits to buying it, but there have to be some out there.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on December 23, 2014, 03:53:03 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on December 23, 2014, 03:51:47 PM

I don't think anyone admits to buying it, but there have to be some out there.

There s a nice crossword in the farming supplement of a Tuesday. Same supplement has a very handy section for anybody sitting Ag. Science in the Leaving. Apart from that ...........

From the Bunker

Silly season alright for to drag out a article like this one. A tired topic. Especially if you are a Kildare, Mayo or one of the other 20 something counties that don't win the ultimate prize.

A better topic would be Best players of the 21st Century who did not receive an All Star!

Highlander3

Some good arguments about who should have been on the team/ squad. What really strikes me when I read this thread is just how many all time greats never won Sam. This team would give the best 15 who did win Sam a good run for their money.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2014, 02:01:30 PM
Quote from: Sidney on December 23, 2014, 11:46:17 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 23, 2014, 10:57:46 AM

I've never seen Declan Brown play apart from the odd highlights reel. Couldnt compare him with Bradley, Forde, Coulter etc as I havent seen much of him. Some talent by all accounts

How much has anybody here who goes on about Declan Browne seen him play? Not very much would be the answer, I'd guess. Clearly he was a very talented player but Forde, Meehan and Bradley all made much more of a mark on championship football.

He made a serious mark given the circumstances under which he played.

Exactly and Declan Browne was one of the best ever players to never win an All Ireland.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

IolarCoisCuain

I hope Conor Mortimer isn't a man who takes the Independent. He'd go ape if he saw Trevor made the bench while Conor himself didn't even make the panel.

blanketattack

Anthony Lynch should be on that team.

He might have been given a token medal in 2010 but he wasn't in the match day squad in any game, so that hardly counts.

LilySavage

Of course Lynch's medal counts!. Wouldnt have any Laois playe near the team. Big Clancy used be destroyed against Earley. Keith Higgins a glaring ommission. Glenn Ryan possibly past it by then. Brian Lacey a ridiculous inclusion. Paul Barden and Paddy Bradley should be on that team. Think Dec Browne a bit overrated and didnt have longevity of likes of Barden. Michael Meehan could be mentioned too. Jamie Clarke?

seanaglis

Quote from: oakleaflad on December 23, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 23, 2014, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on December 23, 2014, 08:43:10 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2014, 08:23:51 AM
Enda Muldoon (Derry), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Ciaran McDonald (Mayo) should all be on that team. Bradley was/is better than both Brown and Forde and did it consistently year in year out.  McDonald would have a strong argument for best 15 of this millenium and Muldoon was class personified.  Michael Meehan should be in there too, had a great 5 or 6 seasons.  Why no mention of Keith Higgins, another definite starter.

Being a big derry man and fan of paddy bradley i would still have to disagree on paddy being better than declan browne,Declan was a amazing player and if born in kerry would go down as a all time great imo.

Surely it would be Bradley instead of mattie ford, rather than for declan browne?
Paddy Bradley is/was better than all 6 forwards in that team.

Why is he not playing for derry then? What do you see that brian mcivor doesnt

galwayman

There's a lot of guys here talking about lads that are still playing inter county football (I.e Keith Higgins).
Looking at the team and subs named though aren't they all now retired from county football?
I have a feeling the list is only for lads no longer playing county football.
Lads still playing technically still have the chance to win one.

JoG2

Quote from: seanaglis on December 26, 2014, 09:19:33 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 23, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 23, 2014, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on December 23, 2014, 08:43:10 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2014, 08:23:51 AM
Enda Muldoon (Derry), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Ciaran McDonald (Mayo) should all be on that team. Bradley was/is better than both Brown and Forde and did it consistently year in year out.  McDonald would have a strong argument for best 15 of this millenium and Muldoon was class personified.  Michael Meehan should be in there too, had a great 5 or 6 seasons.  Why no mention of Keith Higgins, another definite starter.

Being a big derry man and fan of paddy bradley i would still have to disagree on paddy being better than declan browne,Declan was a amazing player and if born in kerry would go down as a all time great imo.

Surely it would be Bradley instead of mattie ford, rather than for declan browne?
Paddy Bradley is/was better than all 6 forwards in that team.

Why is he not playing for derry then? What do you see that brian mcivor doesnt

That is the $64000 question. If anyone watched any of this year's senior club championship, it's a no brainer  that Paddy should still be lead in the line in the county shirt

Thy Kingdom Come

As usual nothing to add here from our point of view! A new generation of AI Medal holders in Kerry makes us immune once again from such Second rate lists and awards!