The Indo's Best Players of the 21st Century Never to Win an All-Ireland

Started by IolarCoisCuain, December 22, 2014, 10:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

tippabu

How declan brownes position on this is being questioned is baffling, obviously being a tipp man I'm biased but trust me the man was a class act. Bear in mind teams pretty much just game planned for him. Best performance I've seen in the flesh was the drawn game in the Munster final v Cork,  as good an individual display as youll see

seafoid

shawshank

Quote from: JoG2 on January 05, 2015, 09:33:26 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 05, 2015, 09:26:49 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 05, 2015, 09:25:13 AM
Quote from: seanaglis on December 26, 2014, 09:19:33 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 23, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 23, 2014, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on December 23, 2014, 08:43:10 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2014, 08:23:51 AM
Enda Muldoon (Derry), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Ciaran McDonald (Mayo) should all be on that team. Bradley was/is better than both Brown and Forde and did it consistently year in year out.  McDonald would have a strong argument for best 15 of this millenium and Muldoon was class personified.  Michael Meehan should be in there too, had a great 5 or 6 seasons.  Why no mention of Keith Higgins, another definite starter.

Being a big derry man and fan of paddy bradley i would still have to disagree on paddy being better than declan browne,Declan was a amazing player and if born in kerry would go down as a all time great imo.

Surely it would be Bradley instead of mattie ford, rather than for declan browne?
Paddy Bradley is/was better than all 6 forwards in that team.

Why is he not playing for derry then? What do you see that brian mcivor doesnt

McIvor is trying to move on and plan for the future.  Paddy Bradley is still the best forward in Derry

He hasn't been the best forward in Derry for a good few years now.

when fit he has. Who has been better? Who was the standout forward in this years club championship? (I'm excited as we could have a run at Ulster! ;-) )

Feel free to point out to the posters how Bradley faired when he played against the Tyrones or Armaghs in Ulster championship, scored a lot against poor opposition. But when the big games came against Tyrone and Armagh didn't count most of the time. That's the measure for me, sorry to be so cruel about it

JoG2

Quote from: shawshank on January 05, 2015, 02:09:21 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 05, 2015, 09:33:26 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 05, 2015, 09:26:49 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 05, 2015, 09:25:13 AM
Quote from: seanaglis on December 26, 2014, 09:19:33 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 23, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 23, 2014, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on December 23, 2014, 08:43:10 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2014, 08:23:51 AM
Enda Muldoon (Derry), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Ciaran McDonald (Mayo) should all be on that team. Bradley was/is better than both Brown and Forde and did it consistently year in year out.  McDonald would have a strong argument for best 15 of this millenium and Muldoon was class personified.  Michael Meehan should be in there too, had a great 5 or 6 seasons.  Why no mention of Keith Higgins, another definite starter.

Being a big derry man and fan of paddy bradley i would still have to disagree on paddy being better than declan browne,Declan was a amazing player and if born in kerry would go down as a all time great imo.

Surely it would be Bradley instead of mattie ford, rather than for declan browne?
Paddy Bradley is/was better than all 6 forwards in that team.

Why is he not playing for derry then? What do you see that brian mcivor doesnt

McIvor is trying to move on and plan for the future.  Paddy Bradley is still the best forward in Derry

He hasn't been the best forward in Derry for a good few years now.

when fit he has. Who has been better? Who was the standout forward in this years club championship? (I'm excited as we could have a run at Ulster! ;-) )

Feel free to point out to the posters how Bradley faired when he played against the Tyrones or Armaghs in Ulster championship, scored a lot against poor opposition. But when the big games came against Tyrone and Armagh didn't count most of the time. That's the measure for me, sorry to be so cruel about it

how did any Derry player play against these boys? When was our last Ulster title? Bradley was minimum double marked and no one can perform miracles if they dont get a supply of the ball, though he near did on many occasions.  He busted his balls more than most during many many lean years.

Wildweasel74

had seen Browne and Forde play, forde a number of times as i lived in wexford awhile and Bradley was way better than them, Most time Browne and Forde were afforded the luxury of 1 on 1, Never seen Bradley afforded that Luxury he was always double marked,

tippabu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 05, 2015, 06:29:21 PM
had seen Browne and Forde play, forde a number of times as i lived in wexford awhile and Bradley was way better than them, Most time Browne and Forde were afforded the luxury of 1 on 1, Never seen Bradley afforded that Luxury he was always double marked,

Browne was pretty much never given 1 on 1 coverage, he was part of poor tipp teams in the main so teams knew if you stopped him you won 9 times out of 10

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 28, 2014, 11:16:03 PM
Already said on here but one of the bardens should been on the panel anyway,

But they are from Longford. Nothing from Longford should be on any list unless it's the "Worst places to live in Ireland" list.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

theticklemister

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 08, 2015, 04:57:53 PM

But they are from Longford. Nothing from Longford should be on any list unless it's the "Worst places to live in Ireland" list.

Or teams who 'regularly beat derry'

thebuzz

Quote from: theticklemister on January 08, 2015, 06:34:16 PM

We have to laugh at ourselves theticklemister  :) because the rest of them are laughing at us anyway...

theticklemister

Quote from: thebuzz on January 08, 2015, 10:37:12 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 08, 2015, 06:34:16 PM

We have to laugh at ourselves theticklemister  :) because the rest of them are laughing at us anyway...

Aye we're some Craic us Derry boys.

5 Sams

John Galvin...man who retired today. Gave Darragh Sé his fill of it manys a time. Superb footballer.
The Aristocrat Years