Wii v Xbox for a seven year old Boy

Started by Fuzzman, December 12, 2014, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Hi All

Sorry if that has been brought up before. I'll be surprised if it hasn't.
Our 6 year old got a wii last Christmas from Santa despite my thoughts he was too young. He's our eldest of 4. 1 girl.
He loves it and plays maro karts and skylanders a lot on it but has recently moved onto Minecraft on the android tablet

He's now asking for an Xbox and I'm telling the wife NO WAY HOSE A but as usual she's a big softie and he is a great wee kid.
I think he's too young for it and even though a couple from his class have it already, they tend to have older siblings.
Wonder what do you think? Especially if any of ye got yer 7 year old a Xbox and do you regret it now or think it was OK.

illdecide

It doesn't matter what age they are, its not the Xbox that's the problem its the games u buy for it. I got my 7 year old daughter an Xbox 2 Christmases ago and has played it ever since. She loves it and has chanced her arm a few times trying for me to buy 18 rated games but I've refused. She does have the XBox live and talks to her cousins in Scotland as well as her class mates but I always pop my head into the room to listen in so I know who she's talking too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

The Wii will be great crack for a few weeks. The xbox lasts all year.

The xbox is fine. Some fine add-ons too for adults.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Ye really need to specify which console ye mean. Xbox 360 is old tech now, the original Wii is absolutely ancient tech now. I do assume the OP means a Wii U (an entirely different console to the Wii, but it does play Wii games too) and an Xbox 360 as the newer Xbox One is probably over-kill for a seven year old.

Throw ball

Going to break the habit if a lifetime and agree with a Tyrone man. My youngest is 7 and Santa is getting a Wii u instead of an Xbox. The games bought do make a big difference but in many ways I prefer the wii. My eldest has a play station but never liked the Xbox. Always have the fear though that they get too involved in these things.

BennyCake