Stephanie Roche goal nominated for FIFA Goal of the Season Puskas award

Started by seafoid, November 12, 2014, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 12, 2015, 08:29:41 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 12, 2015, 08:09:33 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 12, 2015, 07:49:35 PM

Ronnie and Messi having a sneaky peak at our Stephanie!!!  Dirty boys but a fine pair of pins to be admiring!

Look all they want, them boys would never score.

Better chance than you or I though!!!
Speak for yourselves lads.  8)

orangeman

Billys Boots

Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2015, 06:39:44 PM
She's a great role model for girls who are interested in sport.

From what I've seen of it, the women's national league contains several very good role models for women in sport. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

T Fearon

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

AZOffaly

That's a rotten thing to say mouview. Why do you think that? Everytime I've seen her or heard her speak she sounds like a pleasant, intelligent girl. She obviously didn't settle in Houston, and they couldn't afford to waste an overseas slot on someone who wasn't productive. She may well still make a living playing pro womens soccer in Europe or elsewhere. And if she does end up working in Penneys, why would that make her stupid?

mouview

AZOffaly

She left the French team herself, and went to Houston because she knew the Puskas publicity would be good for her. That's not a stupid move. It just didn't work out for her. Look, she may not be good enough to be a pro, time will tell there, but that's hardly reason to impugn her intelligence? She's trying to carve a life for herself in sport, and is finding it difficult. She's not the first, nor won't be the last.

T Fearon

She'll soon have played for more clubs than Robbie Keane.No harm to the girl but if a lad had scored that goal in Irish soccer,at any level,he wouldn't have been heard of and neither would the goal.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 22, 2015, 12:07:30 AM
She'll soon have played for more clubs than Robbie Keane.No harm to the girl but if a lad had scored that goal in Irish soccer,at any level,he wouldn't have been heard of and neither would the goal.

I honestly didn't have you down as a petty begrudger. I would have thought there was no room for begrudgery what with all the other stuff.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

QuoteBrendan Rodgers will probably pay £15m for her

Can I buy Stephanie Roche? I wouldn't have £15m though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...