New book on Padraig Nally case

Started by seafoid, October 26, 2014, 12:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2014, 07:50:00 PM
Solution (the humane one, anyway) - gypo island.

There were a good few travelers in my class in Primary school. To stop wasting time on picking teams we would sometimes play the travelers if there was enough of them to make a team.

One day we ran out for morning break and we asked what teams should we pick. One of the lads shouted "let's play the knackers against the human beings".

The fella that said it turned out to be the most successful person in our class. When asked what he wanted to be when he grew up he said he wanted to be a butcher. We wanted to be astronauts and doctors. The only one to realise his ambition. 

theticklemister

Yer wan horrible human being, ye nazi, fascist bastard of a person

theticklemister

You are labelling people. Never a good thing to do.

BennyCake

Quote from: theticklemister on October 27, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

Yer wan horrible human being, ye nazi, fascist b**tard of a person

A nazi AND a fascist bastard just for hating gypos??  ;D

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2014, 10:23:47 PM

A nazi AND a fascist b**tard just for hating gypos??  ;D
well a racist anyway
An ignorant one at that

moysider

Why do you hate travellers so much? Sounds personal?

magpie seanie

When did travellers become a race? At what point in time did they fulfil the criteria?

Some of ye do-gooders would want to cop yourselves on. Nally had no choice but to do what he did, fair play to him for doing it. Not only did he solve his own problem but he saved many others from having to suffer at the hands of that yolk and maybe made some others think twice before carrying on like that.

If that makes me "racist" or whatever then great, I'll embrace it. It would also make hundreds of thousands of other Irish people "racist".

Farrandeelin

Quote from: theticklemister on October 27, 2014, 08:51:16 PM
Says the fella who called someone a nazi fascist bastard...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 27, 2014, 11:49:14 PM
When did travellers become a race? At what point in time did they fulfil the criteria?

Some of ye do-gooders would want to cop yourselves on. Nally had no choice but to do what he did, fair play to him for doing it. Not only did he solve his own problem but he saved many others from having to suffer at the hands of that yolk and maybe made some others think twice before carrying on like that.

If that makes me "racist" or whatever then great, I'll embrace it. It would also make hundreds of thousands of other Irish people "racist".
+1

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2014, 11:52:29 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on October 27, 2014, 08:51:16 PM
Says the fella who called someone a nazi fascist b**tard...

Exactly.

BennyCake

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 28, 2014, 12:05:41 AM

+1

+2

BennyCake

Quote from: moysider on October 27, 2014, 10:50:51 PM

Why do you hate travellers so much? Sounds personal?

I don't hate travellers. I hate gypos.

Plenty of dealings with them. A bunch of scumbags, the lot of them.. They're all bred the same way.

Puckoon

Quote from: muppet on October 27, 2014, 07:52:46 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 27, 2014, 04:12:00 PM
I would have the same concerns.  You are allowed to use "reasonable force" (or some such term) to defend yourself.  However, like you correctly say - in this case if Nally wounds this man and he escapes there's every likelihood that he returns in the near future looking for retribution.  Barring 24hr surveillance there is absolutely feck all that the agents of the law can/will do to prevent this.  It's a difficult one...

In this particular case there was plenty they could have done. There were 4 bench warrants active at the time, including one for attacking a Garda with a slash hook.

How do you put faith in a system that allows someone to run free on 4 bench warrants, including one for attacking a garda with a slash hook (should be attempted murder)?

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyCake on October 28, 2014, 12:34:24 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 28, 2014, 12:05:41 AM

+1

+2

It just shows you the poor state of affairs our country is in if they think this is acceptable.

Yes, I put a label on him for his exact remarks. The said person put a label on a group of people which he doesn't know.

FLL