Attendances at county finals

Started by theticklemister, October 19, 2014, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: heffo on October 27, 2014, 10:08:33 PM
Quote from: LilySavage on October 27, 2014, 09:37:41 PM
82,000 full house ..

You're getting confused. You're thinking about the time Kildare had to give up home advantage and play us in Croker as there wasn't a working jacks in Newbridge
There are plenty of working Jacks in Newbridge. No functioning toilets though.

brokencrossbar1

I would love to see Stacks win the Kerry replay if only to see these LooLaas get a day up the country against the REAL Black and Amber!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umc6fUP3s4s#t=198

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 28, 2014, 10:27:55 AM
I would love to see Stacks win the Kerry replay if only to see these LooLaas get a day up the country against the REAL Black and Amber!

Quite right BCB, you wouldn't see that sort of a carryon, sitting on the road an what not,  in Cross after an all Ireland final never mind before a county final!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LaurelEye

Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2014, 01:48:13 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 21, 2014, 01:46:25 PM
QuotePretty impressive proportion of Longfordians there.

The figure would have been boosted by curious Cavan people who would have travelled to see Mullinalaghta.

Some would say Mullinalaghta people are ethnic Cavan folk caught on the wrong side of the county boundry............... :P

(I expect abuse now from Laureleye but I'm only slagging)

An interesting theory, but I don't buy it, Cavan people would not outlay cash for mere curiosity.

Close links between Mullinalaghta and a slice of south Cavan (Mullahoran and Gowna especially) and Mullinalaghta were in the final for the first time since '52. Would have been bigger except that Arva and Ballymachugh were in the Cavan Junior Final at the same time.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: armaghniac on October 28, 2014, 10:54:09 AM

Quite right BCB, you wouldn't see that sort of a carryon, sitting on the road an what not,  in Cross after an all Ireland final never mind before a county final!

Yes, winning a Kerry County championship means a hell of a lot to people.

Are you lads in Armagh at least a little bit embarrassed about what is going on up there ? 17 out of the last 18 championships won by one team  ::) There is no excuse for that. Do any of the other clubs have any pride ?

armaghniac

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 28, 2014, 05:23:55 PM
Yes, winning a Kerry County championship means a hell of a lot to people.

Are you lads in Armagh at least a little bit embarrassed about what is going on up there ? 17 out of the last 18 championships won by one team  ::) There is no excuse for that. Do any of the other clubs have any pride ?

theticklemister

If your man is the jeans is a forward, he is fecking lethal. No defenders in sight near him.

armaghniac

Quote from: theticklemister on October 28, 2014, 05:35:48 PM
If your man is the jeans is a forward, he is fecking lethal. No defenders in sight near him.

I believe they were also using a 21st century strategy of phoning him to tell him the ball was on its way.

Jinxy

I heard one of the Dromintee lads had a pizza delivered to the pitch.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mike Sheehy

Surely there is a case for barring the Armagh county champions from the provincial and AI competition if that is what passes for a "championship" game in Armagh.

It brings the whole championship into disrepute.

armaghniac

The odd thing is that teams from other places seem to have considerable difficulty beating the team that emerged from such a "disreputable" championship, certainly Kerry's best croked at the challenge.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2014, 08:22:41 PM
Big attendance at dublin final tonight. Anyone know how many there?

Between 9,000 and 10,000
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: armaghniac on October 28, 2014, 10:54:09 AM

Crokes had to play a hard county championship whereas every club in Armagh just capitulates or turn up in jeans when playing crossmaglen  ::)

As Gay Byrne said of an Armagh County medal..."and there is one for everyone in the audience"

armaghniac

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 28, 2014, 05:59:52 PM
Crokes had to play a hard county championship whereas every club in Armagh just capitulates or turn up in jeans when playing crossmaglen  ::)

as least they weren't skinny jeans like the posers in Kerry ::)

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 28, 2014, 05:59:52 PMAs Gay Byrne said of an Armagh County medal..."and there is one for everyone in the audience"

Was he doing a show in Cross'?

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on October 28, 2014, 06:08:11 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 28, 2014, 05:59:52 PM

as least they weren't skinny jeans like the posers in Kerry ::)

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 28, 2014, 05:59:52 PMAs Gay Byrne said of an Armagh County medal..."and there is one for everyone in the audience"

Was he doing a show in Cross'?

Not of late.
MWWSI 2017