Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Perhaps he meant exceptions?
Bellew, Clarke & Mallon

Rma13

Does James Lavery have an injury at the minute?  I would have thought he would have been most likely to partner McGrane in the middle of the field!

ard mhaca abu

james lavery and kieran toner were the midfield partnership against meath so i assume he's not injured...

Jinxy

FFS lads will someone who was at the Meath game please tell me if meath were any use! >:( Couldn't go as there was a junior game on that evening. I'm looking for impartial opinions on Meaths prospects going into the Kildare game. Don't make me come up there! :o
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Uladh

It looks Jinxy as though Imposerous was the only one among us who actually was at the game.

for what its worth i heard meath were fairly experimental. moyles came on second half and was excellent and GG played the second half in defence and was v v good

Jinxy

Quote from: Uladh on May 17, 2007, 06:53:14 PM

It looks Jinxy as though Imposerous was the only one among us who actually was at the game.

for what its worth i heard meath were fairly experimental. moyles came on second half and was excellent and GG played the second half in defence and was v v good

Seriously? I hadn't heard that till now. I know he has an allstar as a half-back but I can't quite fathom why they'd play him back there now. Imposerous, if you are out there can you shed any light on this?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

corn02

The boys were training over in Dromintee there and had a challenge match.

Best were O Rourke, Lavery and McDonnell. S Kernan kicked over some nice scores but was defensively a disaster, his man (P Duffy) even managed a goal and set up countless attacks.

Smokin Joe

Our team on Sunday week is as likely to have as weak a half forward line as you'll see all summer.

Don't get me wrong MOR deserves his place and is a terrific worker but he isn't going to kick you many points.

ard mhaca abu

in training and against meath, the team lined out with the full forward coming out to form a 2 man half forward line with the chf, and the 2 wing half forwards supporting the half backs with the breaking ball in around midfield...

tackle

So will they line out like this for example,  this isnt my preferred team just sometin i thought of quickly
                                              Hearty
                              Mo           Enda     Andy
                           Mc Keever    Geezer  A kernan
                        Mc Keever  Mc Grane     Lavery  MOR
                                         Marsden  Keenan
                                            Stevie  Oisin

ard mhaca abu

yeah something like that...against meath it was
                     mckinney
mallon            enda             mo
a kernan       geezer         mckeever
p mckeever  toner   lavery   mor
      s kernan     marsden
stevie                     oisin

tackle

I like pictures but not words so that explains it better!  thanks!

Uladh

It occurs to me that there must be a better corner back option in the county than moriarty. he's a wholehearted footballer but just isnt good enough at this level. duffy would be a better option, even given his inability to tackle. i had high hopes for donaghy at the start of the year but the u21 campaign put that to bed. imho paul McCormack is stll one of the best defenders in the county should be starting corner back next sunday.

ard mhaca abu

so do u think this system will work? personally i think we'll need alot of speed if they are to play a 2 man half forward line...

re: uladh i think duffy would be wasted in corner back cos he has the natural ability to go forward with full effect...

Uladh

of course duffy is no corner back, but someone has to do a job there. if moriarty starts, someone else will be coming in after 15 minutes.