Another classic goal from Diarmuid Connolly, Footballer of the Year

Started by The Hill is Blue, October 06, 2014, 01:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corner Forward

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 06, 2014, 08:29:01 PM
Got preferential treatment in court.
No time for him whatsoever. 

Hardly preferential treatment- he pleaded guilty, apologised unreservedly to the victim and offered 5,000 euro compensation which the victim asked instead to be donated to charity. The man made a drunken mistake and has done a number of things on the field I'm sure he doesn't look proudly on but within the last number of years appears to have matured considerably. Footballer of the year should be between him and James O'donoghue IMO.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: StephenC on October 06, 2014, 07:39:29 PM
However I can't think of Connolly without thinking of the clip below. IMO it's one of the worst things I've ever seen on a football pitch. He literally could have left that Kildare lad in a wheelchair if he had made contact at the back of his neck. It was cowardly and reckless and pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqcEq1hsT6s

Fitzy must have a hard head. I hope Connolly's knee was ok.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

rrhf

Has had his troubles but a very fine footballer. Reminds me of Ger Cavlan as a footballer etc. Nobody is perfect in our world lads.

5 Sams

Quote from: rrhf on October 07, 2014, 09:59:18 PM
Has had his troubles but a very fine footballer. Reminds me of Ger Cavlan as a footballer etc. Nobody is perfect in our world lads.
Are you serious? Cavlan in the same league as Connolly?? You want to give up that Tuesday night drinking or whatever it is you're on.
The Aristocrat Years

ck

He's a shoe in for player of the year. Although will they take club season into account??

Mike Sheehy

INDIANA

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2014, 08:07:43 PM
the best player in the country by a mile.

Queue a list of posters telling you that Donnacha Walsh can run 15k in a match and is better.

Connolly is a class player. Sheer class.

GalwayBayBoy

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!