Paul Earley's Ireland International Rules Squad

Started by Rossfan, October 02, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on November 22, 2014, 10:37:47 AM
Is anybody actually bothered by the result? Its a trip away for the players (and officials and hacks milk it as well) which is good recognition for them but I couldn't give 2 fcuks who wins it. I severely doubt if many in the crowd will be too devastated at the result either. The reality is that without the dust ups it is not a very appealing game.

Hang on they are getting a free junket at our expense. And that's what they dish up? I wouldn't tolerate that performance from a Junior B Team. Our lads are kicking a ball since they were 5- the aussies have been for 2 weeks and they are better then us at it.

We can't even handpass the ball

lawnseed

All is going to plan i'd say. With a cup on the table the mayo players are doing exactly what they always do..
Worst irish team ever?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

orangeman

The Australians didn't appreciate the beating we gave to the indigenous team last year.  :'(

Thankfully there's only one game and not 2/3.

twohands!!!

Have to think that this will completely kill the series dead - really can't see many lads wanting to face the Aussies in the future, especially if there is no trip to Oz on offer.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on November 22, 2014, 10:42:29 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 22, 2014, 10:37:47 AM
Is anybody actually bothered by the result? Its a trip away for the players (and officials and hacks milk it as well) which is good recognition for them but I couldn't give 2 fcuks who wins it. I severely doubt if many in the crowd will be too devastated at the result either. The reality is that without the dust ups it is not a very appealing game.

Hang on they are getting a free junket at our expense. And that's what they dish up? I wouldn't tolerate that performance from a Junior B Team. Our lads are kicking a ball since they were 5- the aussies have been for 2 weeks and they are better then us at it.

We can't even handpass the ball

Indy you'll find that the trip is at least cost neutral.  ;)

drici

Australia 35  Ireland 7

Back on

INDIANA

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 22, 2014, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on November 22, 2014, 10:35:08 AM
That half goal chance sums up Ireland's problem.
Their instinct is not to expect a rugby tackle. As soon as they get close they bring you down. We still think jockey the man and don't dive in or give away a free. Our kicking is a bloody disgrace. Aidan O'Shea's close in free was a prime example.
Can you imagine travelling all the way from the East coast to Perth to watch that performance.
It's like watching the Dubs play Carlow in Leinster. Half the crowd will stay in the bar for the second half.
BTW normally I like watching this sport but thankfully I don't know any Aussies in Dublin any more.
Hopefully we hammer them in the rugby.

As far as I can see this is basically Aussie Rules with a round ball in terms of tactics and approach.

For the Irish players it's an entirely different game especially in terms of tactics; but for the Aussies the only difference is the round ball replaces the oval.

I don't agree with that at all. Its still far more difficult to execute AFL with a round ball.

The tactics are very poor - we didn't flood midfield early on. We missed some easy frees - Colm O Neill had two woeful efforts. Aidan O Se the same. He butchered a five man overlap- that is nothing to to do with the rules. Ciaram Mc Donald the same.

I wouldn't give the Irish any leeway for an excuse when the execution of basic skills is so so poor.

twohands!!!

Stat from Twitter

Australia have kicked the ball 84 times. We've kicked it 58.

lynchbhoy

In the first quarter it looked like the only competition on the pitch was the 'ref off'
The two lads were seemingly doing their best to gift decisions to their own country's team!

Though the Aussie ref has started to be a wee more consistent. Then I suppose the Aussies don't need any help !

drici

Australia 35  Ireland 8

L Keegan

drici

Australia 38  Ireland 8

drici

Australia 41  Ireland 8

drici

Australia 41  Ireland 14

D Hughes  - CĂșl

orangeman

So much space for the Aussies up front. They're taking shots under little or no pressure at all.

twohands!!!

Quote from: INDIANA on November 22, 2014, 10:46:32 AM
Quote from: twohands!!! on November 22, 2014, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on November 22, 2014, 10:35:08 AM
That half goal chance sums up Ireland's problem.
Their instinct is not to expect a rugby tackle. As soon as they get close they bring you down. We still think jockey the man and don't dive in or give away a free. Our kicking is a bloody disgrace. Aidan O'Shea's close in free was a prime example.
Can you imagine travelling all the way from the East coast to Perth to watch that performance.
It's like watching the Dubs play Carlow in Leinster. Half the crowd will stay in the bar for the second half.
BTW normally I like watching this sport but thankfully I don't know any Aussies in Dublin any more.
Hopefully we hammer them in the rugby.

As far as I can see this is basically Aussie Rules with a round ball in terms of tactics and approach.

For the Irish players it's an entirely different game especially in terms of tactics; but for the Aussies the only difference is the round ball replaces the oval.

I don't agree with that at all. Its still far more difficult to execute AFL with a round ball.

The tactics are very poor - we didn't flood midfield early on. We missed some easy frees - Colm O Neill had two woeful efforts. Aidan O Se the same. He butchered a five man overlap- that is nothing to to do with the rules. Ciaram Mc Donald the same.

I wouldn't give the Irish any leeway for an excuse when the execution of basic skills is so so poor.

Oh yeah - I'd agree about some awful performances out there (a real lack of game intelligence being displayed by a fair few big names) in terms of the basic skills.

You'd have to wonder if Paul Earley will ever be given a role with a football team ever again after this