Paul Earley's Ireland International Rules Squad

Started by Rossfan, October 02, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

drici

Australia 35  Ireland 7

Bingo

Ireland win a free, the Aussies push right up stealing about 5 yards. Aussies win a free, Ireland drop off totally, no pressure on kick. And has anyone told them they can't play the ball when on the ground.

Last years Aussie team didn't look as bad as Ireland do today.

drici

Australia 35  Ireland 7

A longer break

lynchbhoy

Australia are playing far smarter football

Think some of our lads are a bit afraid too - so there obv is a feeling on the pitch that the Aussies are way bigger and stronger - so the game is lost before the end of the first quarter !

McCarthy to be fair to him didn't back down there at all

Tactically being destroyed here too

clarshack

orangeman

Phew. What a move by the Aussies.

Mc Gee complaining to the ref - about what ?.

Chimley

On the bright side Marty is doing his best for us.

Fuzzman

That half goal chance sums up Ireland's problem.
Their instinct is not to expect a rugby tackle. As soon as they get close they bring you down. We still think jockey the man and don't dive in or give away a free. Our kicking is a bloody disgrace. Aidan O'Shea's close in free was a prime example.
Can you imagine travelling all the way from the East coast to Perth to watch that performance.
It's like watching the Dubs play Carlow in Leinster. Half the crowd will stay in the bar for the second half.
BTW normally I like watching this sport but thankfully I don't know any Aussies in Dublin any more.
Hopefully we hammer them in the rugby.

yellowcard

Is anybody actually bothered by the result? Its a trip away for the players (and officials and hacks milk it as well) which is good recognition for them but I couldn't give 2 fcuks who wins it. I severely doubt if many in the crowd will be too devastated at the result either. The reality is that without the dust ups it is not a very appealing game.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Looks like we never played with a round ball before. Embarrassing.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Put Up That Flag

Half time, right so its time for expert analysis, where is Syferus? We need a serious hyping up session of how marvelous his Mayo idols are and of course the bearded magician that is Cregger, lets hear your insightful thoughts?

Schkite

Pure pish. 0-11 to 0-1 in gaelic scoring, that's woeful. We need to be far quicker on the ball and no messing around like O'Shea when there was a sight of goal. When it's the other way around the Aussies take us down straight away. And even when we do get to get a shot off the accuracy is terrible.

I'm not too bothered about this these days but it would be nice to put up some sort of a fight all the same.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 22, 2014, 10:35:08 AM
That half goal chance sums up Ireland's problem.
Their instinct is not to expect a rugby tackle. As soon as they get close they bring you down. We still think jockey the man and don't dive in or give away a free. Our kicking is a bloody disgrace. Aidan O'Shea's close in free was a prime example.
Can you imagine travelling all the way from the East coast to Perth to watch that performance.
It's like watching the Dubs play Carlow in Leinster. Half the crowd will stay in the bar for the second half.
BTW normally I like watching this sport but thankfully I don't know any Aussies in Dublin any more.
Hopefully we hammer them in the rugby.

As far as I can see this is basically Aussie Rules with a round ball in terms of tactics and approach.

For the Irish players it's an entirely different game especially in terms of tactics; but for the Aussies the only difference is the round ball replaces the oval.