Irish in San Francisco rush to repair damage after J-1 students destroy house

Started by barryqwalsh, September 25, 2014, 09:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Pretty pathetic from these brats but not overly surprised and very embarrassing for anyone living over here.

The best thing for everyone here is that the people involved should be held to account, made to pay for what they done and face criminal charges if this lady wants.
They will have to realise that they cannot get away with doing that and there is always consequences for your actions no matter where in the world they are. This should be an opportunity for those involved to learn from this and become better for it. Talk about banning them from the USA is nonsensical, community service and paying for the damage would serve everyone much better

I am not sure where this kind of culture stems from in students, I am quite sure the people involved were rared well and taught all the principals on how to behave outside of their own home.
I supose there is an element of letting loose when it appears that the usual authority figures and limits are no longer there. However there are always rules and the ones that you were taught in your own home are the safest ones to go by when you aren't sure what they are.

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

orangeman

Quote from: CD on September 27, 2014, 08:18:13 AM
Controversial I know, but this is the fault of Irish mammies

Tony must have access to CD's log in details.  :)

gallsman

Quote from: barryqwalsh on September 27, 2014, 03:18:07 AM
The Irish passport office and US State Department should advise future J-1 students that they will be held accountable for the condition of their accommodation after they leave.

Let them know, if they do the wrong thing, video footage could end up on Facebook and YouTube.

They could also be prevented from entering the US again, even for a holiday.

The State Department for f**k sake! Sure they've nothing better to be up to.

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: barryqwalsh on September 27, 2014, 03:35:33 AM
Foreign Students Trash SF Rental House Then Leave Country
San Francisco landlord Ritu Vohra thought she would give exchange students from Ireland a break on rent for staying in her home. But a break doesn't begin to describe what she discovered when they moved out. Christin Ayers reports. (9/19/14)

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/10606223-foreign-students-trash-sf-rental-house-then-leave-country/

Maybe we could write to Ritu Vohra to express our embarrassment. I don't have her address, but I am sure the Irish consulate in San Francisco could pass on letters.

What do you think of that suggestion?
Barry

why dont you f**k off, cleanshirt?

any person who bases their opinions of a race/nationality on the actions of a few isnt worth worrying about. for you to fear the reprisal of those is abominable

by the way, can i have your address to write to so i can express my embarrassment

MOTHER OF f**k

Jell 0 Biafra

A lot of the commentors seem to think it's not funny because it's true....

bcarrier

A lot of that looks superficial. The golf club damage is the worst of it.

If they had cleaned up rubbish and put bed and stairs back together there would be no story.

armaghniac

Quote from: bcarrier on September 29, 2014, 04:00:21 PM
If they had cleaned up rubbish and put bed and stairs back together there would be no story.

Given that there were several of them, you'd think they'd have done just that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mikehunt

Quote from: bcarrier on September 29, 2014, 04:00:21 PM
A lot of that looks superficial. The golf club damage is the worst of it.

they should have rang the poliss the morning after and said we were out last night and when we came back this morning we had been broken into and ransacked.

dunno where that golf club came out of, it was a 1970's issue.