minecraft - short rant

Started by pullhard, September 16, 2014, 03:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

I don't get it.
You build something and then blow it up.
The graphics aren't great. The game play is awkward.

Whats the point of it?

RealSpiritof98

+1 wtf,

My 8 year old son loves it, had to ban him from watching you tube tutorials as it was getting out of hand i.e the volume of what he was watching and not the content.

2 billion smackerooneys, where did that company Microsoft get all the money?  ::) 8)

squire_in_navy_slacks

My 10 year old loves it..............................My neighbours a couple of doors down from are making a very comfortable living from Minecraft too............................they have a you tube channel

johnneycool

Quote from: pullhard on September 16, 2014, 03:38:27 PM
I don't get it.
You build something and then blow it up.
The graphics aren't great. The game play is awkward.

Whats the point of it?

My wee lad is 8 and loves the shit, can't understand it myself, but I'm sure my parents were saying the same thing when I was jammed into an Atari back in the day!
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 16, 2014, 03:48:41 PM
+1 wtf,

My 8 year old son loves it, had to ban him from watching you tube tutorials as it was getting out of hand i.e the volume of what he was watching and not the content.

2 billion smackerooneys, where did that company Microsoft get all the money?  ::) 8)

He's at those as well and they do my banger in more than the bloody game.

FL/MAYO

Tony Baloney

The cause of many a ruckus in our house. If they were allowed they would sit playing it for hours and watching videos. They have Minecraft books, "Steve" keyrings on their schoolbags etc. etc. A couple of billion might be decent value for Microsoft.

CD

It's like Eastenders, the X-Factor, Uluru and Mass to me. I know it exists but I've never actually seen it. What is minecraft? Heard a lot of chat on the money program about it this morning re. the huge buy out but don't really know what it does.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

pullhard

Glad i'm not the only one! Could be a great buy for Microsoft!

FL/MAYO

Quote from: CD on September 16, 2014, 09:39:09 PM
It's like Eastenders, the X-Factor, Uluru and Mass to me. I know it exists but I've never actually seen it. What is minecraft? Heard a lot of chat on the money program about it this morning re. the huge buy out but don't really know what it does.

I heard someone explain that it is Lego for Tablets/Smartphones etc.

blewuporstuffed

The thing i cant understand is I read about someone who built a 'working computer ' in it.
How is that even possible?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Shamrock Shore

My 10 yr old loves it. I cannot fathom it at all. It looks so 1980s

But for real sadness look for it on youtube where lads with no life record their meanderings.

Fcuk the fcuk off!

thebigfella

I think most of you miss the point of it and the 8 bit look is part of the charm. It's not a game in the traditional sense where you have a linear path or specific goals. In reality the only limitations now appear to be a person or person's imagination. Its more like constructing your Lego pieces from a molecular level and then using them.

As for the computer, it's pretty straight forward if you understand arithmetic logic. The one that will blow you mind is the computer running a 2D version of minecraft within minecraft  ;)

ONeill

I like it meself and have built manys a fine structure of a Saturday
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 17, 2014, 05:10:49 PM

But for real sadness look for it on youtube where lads with no life record their meanderings.

Fcuk the fcuk off!

As I said my neighbours make a living off it.............................. 500,000 subscribers

pullhard

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 17, 2014, 06:46:03 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 17, 2014, 05:10:49 PM

Fcuk the fcuk off!

As I said my neighbours make a living off it.............................. 500,000 subscribers

great effort, but how do they convert subscribers into cash??