Paisley gone to his eternal reward

Started by passedit, September 12, 2014, 12:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: bennydorano on September 13, 2014, 07:37:51 AM
You'd have thought this would have been a 30 pager of venom & quite possibly would have been if it had have occurred 15 / 20 years ago.

I feel nothing, don't care.

His damage is long done so can't really feel triumphant now.

deiseach

You'd have thought this would have been a 30 pager of venom & quite possibly would have been if it had have occurred 15 / 20 years ago.

The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on September 13, 2014, 07:51:25 AM

The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.
Until it happens again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAceYMZXBnY

Hardy

I don't really know what to say. I don't feel the need to say anything. We all know all that's available to know about him and the fact that he was alive yesterday and isn't today has no significance to anyone but his family. I don't think they'll be looking in here, so I feel free to say that the only response I noticed in myself was to trawl around for funny comments and tweets. My favourite is the one about the minute's shouting. My own effort over a pint last night was to note that he became pals with Bertie Ahern. Who can forgive him  that?

Sidney

Quote from: Hardy on September 13, 2014, 09:46:36 AM
I don't really know what to say. I don't feel the need to say anything. We all know all that's available to know about him and the fact that he was alive yesterday and isn't today has no significance to anyone but his family. I don't think they'll be looking in here, so I feel free to say that the only response I noticed in myself was to trawl around for funny comments and tweets. My favourite is the one about the minute's shouting. My own effort over a pint last night was to note that he became pals with Bertie Ahern. Who can forgive him  that?
He died on a glorious Twelfth.

From the Bunker

If you want that go to an Cormac Reilly appreciation thread on one of the Mayo GAA Forums! :P

seafoid

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-obituary-rev-ian-paisley-1.1927133?page=2
His first overtly political rally under the banner of "Ulster Protestant Action" was at Belfast's shipyard in 1959, to protest against a ban on an Orange march through the small Catholic town of Dungiven, near Derry. "There are no nationalist areas in Northern Ireland. If necessary the Protestants in the Queen's Island will go to Dungiven and march behind the Union Jack."

What an arsehole

This must have been the most important all Ireland win ever :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GV63nFHzDg

Aerlik

Quote from: seafoid on September 13, 2014, 05:58:00 AM
...I remembered the three little Quinn brothers, burned to death in their home in Ballymoney after apocalyptic warnings from Paisley over the rights of the Orange Order at Drumcree.

I know the family of these little boys.  I was living in the UK at the time and I just could not comprehend it myself never mind try to explain to the equally uncomprehending British people with whom the matter was discussed.

As someone who lived across the Bann from his electorate/heartland, it was with some trepidation one would drive at night through the likes of Ballymoney, Ballymena, Cullybackey or Ahoghill. 

Then there was The Third Force.  Where did those 500 "gun licence-carrying" people atop the hill in mid-Antrim standing beside Paisley come from?  Not all were farmers!  Were they the hooded louts that tried to stop us in Cloughmills and as we approached then sped off, smashed the car window with a pick-axe handle?  Who knows.  What I do know is that I do not mourn this man.  Few in our part of Ireland will.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2014, 09:17:56 PM
He is largely responsible for many innocent people from our community lying in their graves tonight.
A despicable human being that the world really could have been doing without. His death today, in his old age, is completely meaningless to me tbh. His evil deeds were already completed. God rest his victims.

Probably the best quote I've seen for someone who is removed from NI.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.