How well do you know Ireland?

Started by armaghniac, September 08, 2014, 06:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FL/MAYO

easytiger95

Got 8 - missed out on identifying Croagh Patrick and misunderstood the border question - got something else wrong as well.

whitey

10/11- missed "biggest population question"

Had Geography bet into me by the De La Salle brothere

BennyCake

9/11. Didn't see there was 5 options for population one.

I have an issue with the border counties question. Does Down have an actual land border with Louth? I don't think it does.

BennyCake

Also, isn't part of Belfast in Co Down?

LCohen

2 of those answers look sus. Down is not a border county so surely there are only 9 border counties. Also one of the questions relies on Belfast being entirely in Antrim which by a distance it does not. Perhaps  those behind the questions are fresh off the boat themselves?

BennyCake

Quote from: LCohen on September 08, 2014, 07:49:53 PM
2 of those answers look sus. Down is not a border county so surely there are only 9 border counties. Also one of the questions relies on Belfast being entirely in Antrim which by a distance it does not. Perhaps  those behind the questions are fresh off the boat themselves?

I got 9/9 then  ;D

armaghniac

Definitely the bit about Belfast is suspect, if they had the biggest bar Antrim and Dublin that would have been slightly less misleading.
As for Down not being a border county, this is a matter of opinion. Narrow water would be a short bridge, a bit like Lifford Bridge.

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on September 08, 2014, 08:05:13 PM
Definitely the bit about Belfast is suspect, if they had the biggest bar Antrim and Dublin that would have been slightly less misleading.
As for Down not being a border county, this is a matter of opinion. Narrow water would be a short bridge, a bit like Lifford Bridge.

Bridge or not. That's still not a land border.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on September 08, 2014, 08:16:25 PM

Did the question mention a land border?

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on September 08, 2014, 08:33:36 PM

No but if you apply the same logic, Wexford has a border with Wales and Antrim with Scotland.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on September 08, 2014, 08:46:06 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 08, 2014, 08:33:36 PM

No but if you apply the same logic, Wexford has a border with Wales and Antrim with Scotland.

Not so, the county boundary runs down the middle of rivers, but does not extend out to sea.
Hardly surprising that it Down that is causing the trouble here though.  :P

Farrandeelin

Got 9, missed the first one and got the cliffs question wrong as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.