Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on October 12, 2014, 06:45:25 PM
Bullshit.He spent a large part of the post Smyth saga (and I cannot see how he could have encountered this vile individual again) heading up a college in Cavan followed by many years at the helm of the Irish College in Rome.Naturally like all humans he doesn't crow about his mistakes,but he has acknowledged these and countless more people came to know about Smyth in the intervening years.Brady abused no one and no one goes through life without a skeleton or two in the cupboard , so get over it , persecute the actual abusers.
In the nearly 20 year Smyth remained at large what actions did Brday take to rectify his original horrific "mistake"?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 12, 2014, 06:45:25 PM
Bullshit.He spent a large part of the post Smyth saga (and I cannot see how he could have encountered this vile individual again) heading up a college in Cavan followed by many years at the helm of the Irish College in Rome.Naturally like all humans he doesn't crow about his mistakes,but he has acknowledged these and countless more people came to know about Smyth in the intervening years.Brady abused no one and no one goes through life without a skeleton or two in the cupboard , so get over it , persecute the actual abusers.

And are you saying bullshit to my stating he was Secretary to the Bishop? It was in this capacity that he was appointed investigator. That is why he was sent to investigate the allegations. Do you get this at all or are you happy to wallow in your Wille Frazer/Walter Mitty delusion and denial?

Many children were abused because of the abject failure of people like Brady to do the right thing. You can try to hide behind whatever straw man you like, and try to share the blame with whoever you wish to insult, but you can't argue with that statement.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Do you seriously believe Brady encountered Smyth after the mid 70s or knew what became of him,until we all became aware of him in the 90s? Blaming Brady for Brendan Smyth is akin to. Blaming the Garda/PSNI for the Omagh bomb.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on October 12, 2014, 08:46:29 PM
Do you seriously believe Brady encountered Smyth after the mid 70s or knew what became of him,until we all became aware of him in the 90s? Blaming Brady for Brendan Smyth is akin to. Blaming the Garda/PSNI for the Omagh bomb.

I didn't realise that the only 2 options were that Brady was innocent of wrong doing or entirely to blame for all Smyth's actions. My apologies.

T Fearon

To read this thread you'd think he was to blame fir the famine as well.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 12, 2014, 08:46:29 PM

You are taking something that no one said, making an assumption based on that, and then to argue against this absurd position, you make an idiotic comparison with nothing remotely like anything being discussed.

Brady's job was to investigate Smyth in 1975. You dismiss his monstrous failure in this regard and try to have him join the rest of us in our innocence in the 1990s when we first heard of him. If he had nothing to hide why didn't he release the documents when requested in 1997?

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 12, 2014, 08:59:31 PM
To read this thread you'd think he was to blame fir the famine as well.

Who has blamed him for the famine on this thread?

Go on, show us and I will proclaim you the greatest poster in the history of the net.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I was speaking tongue in cheek as regards the famine.Seriously you need to get over yourself.Brady is no more culpable for Brendan Smyth than the head of the BBC was for Jimmy Saville (remember he too failed to act on rumours).

Brady has apologised for his part in the failings but there is nothing more to be done except sort the victims out with a large dollop of compo which as usual will allay all the trauma and sufferings.

imtommygunn

As usual?

The compensation comments are up there with your usual comments in how despicable they are but no surprise there.

If the whole truth with saville comes out then there are a number of people in deep shit. As per the smyth thing there are quite a number of people very complicit by their actions. You don't understand that word though so i guess it's a redundant point ::)

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 12, 2014, 10:27:58 PM
I was speaking tongue in cheek as regards the famine.Seriously you need to get over yourself.Brady is no more culpable for Brendan Smyth than the head of the BBC was for Jimmy Saville (remember he too failed to act on rumours).

Brady has apologised for his part in the failings but there is nothing more to be done except sort the victims out with a large dollop of compo which as usual will allay all the trauma and sufferings.

Brady knew about Smyth in 1975. He had the names of 5 children who were being abused. He admitted himself that he believed the boys he spoke to. But yet he failed them and the abuse continued. Please find an equivalent in the BBC for your comparison. Otherwise I hope they sue you for your daft comparison.

On your second point.

The Church is paying out the money, but who do you think is insisting on the confidentiality?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

He knew about him in 1975 but as his ministry moved on ,and he spent a number of years in Rome,he would have had no reason to have any further knowledge,and might reasonably assume that Smyth had been dealt with.

Now it is time you ended your manic obsession with one cleric,who was 36 and relatively uninfluential when he became entangled in Brendan Smyth's web forty years ago, and just happened to become Cardinal over 30 years later.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on October 13, 2014, 07:18:55 AM
He knew about him in 1975 but as his ministry moved on ,and he spent a number of years in Rome,he would have had no reason to have any further knowledge,and might reasonably assume that Smyth had been dealt with.

Now it is time you ended your manic obsession with one cleric,who was 36 and relatively uninfluential when he became entangled in Brendan Smyth's web forty years ago, and just happened to become Cardinal over 30 years later.

I don't think anyone has an obsession with Brady. The reason folk are posting on this is that you are so far off kilter you can't even see it. We are concerned for you Tony.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 13, 2014, 07:18:55 AM

You are the one with the obsession. Everyone who posts regarding the blatantly obvious failures of this man gets to hear your absurd and often offensive defence of the indefensible.

Did he assume Smyth had been dealt with when he replaced Cahal Day, who had resigned because Smyth hadn't been dealt with? This is where your argument is at.
MWWSI 2017

AhNowRef

Quote from: T Fearon on October 10, 2014, 07:46:12 AM
So none of you have turned a blind eye,passed a difficult problem on or did or failed to do something , instinctively knowing it was not the right course of action,after of course,fully contemplating all the possible outcomes years down the line,the potential victims of your action or inaction,or perhaps took comfort in the thought that "well there are people more experienced or knowledgable than me who can deal with this?"

The above quote sums things up for me perfectly ... How can you expect a moron who would post the above comments whilst discussing this particular topic, to have any decency is now clear to me !! ... Like his buddy Brady, he aint got any !!

If the Catholic Church could rid itself of sh1theads like the two of you it would be a much better institution with a much better future !!

T Fearon

Once again insults replace reasonable debate.End the vendetta against this 75 year old now.He made mistakes,has apologised,what more do you want at this stage.