Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

T Fearon

He didnt cover anything up,he was a relatively small part of a mishandled issue.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 12:48:57 PM
He didnt cover anything up,he was a relatively small part of a mishandled issue.

The evidence suggests otherwise.
MWWSI 2017

Zip Code

He may as well presented subsequent individual victims to Smyth such was his categorical failure in protecting future innocent children by his actions!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 11:22:45 AM
It was the greatest mistake the church ever made to attempt to deal with this issue in house.It didnt stop the abuse and inevitably left the church exposed to attack from theophobic anti catholics who are only waiting for an excuse to demonise.

Tony, how do you reconcile those statements?

A) In my view, when allegations are made Priests are nkw quite correctly suspended, and upon conviction they should be immediately defrocked and indeed excommunicated.

B) It was the greatest mistake the church ever made to attempt to deal with this issue in house.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

T Fearon

Whats wrong with them?  They are logically complementary

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 02:28:25 PM

Tony your argument has been blown to smithereens.

You are left with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikssfUhAlgg
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2014, 12:56:06 PM

as a matter of interest muppet- what evidence is that?

this and the other thread are a load of cobblers.
I personally don't wholly agree with either faction here- I think brady played a poor game here and should have been hauled off long ago
but no one knows who or what actions or steps he took to address things or raise the issue
the problem might not have been brady, but as I said, he didn't do well here imo
there is no evidence of anything
just a load of abused kids and a disgracefully antiquated system that has hopefully been addressed and fixed for future.
the handful of priests who did this should have got the death penalty imo.
the church system was dreadful. but worldwide in recent years we have seen that bad systems are only identified long after the abuse and sorry events have occurred.
Various abuses in religious faiths in various countries, financial abuses in our own and various countries.
Proper Procedure, policy and regulation in everything is so vitally important imo.

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 16, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

I personally don't wholly agree with either faction here- I think brady played a poor game here and should have been hauled off long ago
but no one knows who or what actions or steps he took to address things or raise the issue
the problem might not have been brady, but as I said, he didn't do well here imo
just a load of abused kids and a disgracefully antiquated system that has hopefully been addressed and fixed for future.
the church system was dreadful. but worldwide in recent years we have seen that bad systems are only identified long after the abuse and sorry events have occurred.
Various abuses in religious faiths in various countries, financial abuses in our own and various countries.
Proper Procedure, policy and regulation in everything is so vitally important imo.

LB, according to Boland's book, there are two signatures on Boland's oath of silence.

One is the 14 year old's, and the other is that of Sean Brady.

MWWSI 2017

Zip Code

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2014, 02:49:09 PM

LB, according to Boland's book, there are two signatures on Boland's oath of silence.

no offence muppet - but that means feck all

if there was any evidence etc other than of brady being a useless hoor and keeping the perceived party line, then he would be incarcerated by now

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 16, 2014, 02:54:49 PM

if there was any evidence etc other than of brady being a useless hoor and keeping the perceived party line, then he would be incarcerated by now

Keeping it quiet for 35 years has helped a lot. No one knew until 2010. I hope the Gárdaí re-open the investigation.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2014, 02:58:00 PM

Keeping it quiet for 35 years has helped a lot. No one knew until 2010. I hope the Gárdaí re-open the investigation.
that's why no matter how nice he has been to Tony etc - I think he is a b0llix.
glass ceiling minded idiot.

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 16, 2014, 03:02:28 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2014, 02:58:00 PM

that's why no matter how nice he has been to Tony etc - I think he is a b0llix.
glass ceiling minded idiot.

I agree. I am not even really out to see him jailed or anything like that.

It is simply that I believe he should have stood down in 2010, at the latest. Better still if he put his hand up in the 1990s and admitted an error of judgement or whatever I think most people would have been sympathetic. But to stay on in the face of overwhelming adverse opinion against him was crass, insensitive to the victims and appeared arrogant in the extreme.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

unfortunately it seems to be a common trait in us Irish folk- not knowing when to accept you've fcuked up and step down

governments, politicians, financiers, banks etc

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 02:28:25 PM
I f you mean convicted by a court of law, I agree with you. I f you mean an ecclesiastical investigation, then I'm afraid I don't.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi