Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2014, 10:59:08 PM
That must be your first internet trawl in 24 hours.Get a life.

Such pejoritive language Tony. Why? Do the devout not seek the truth the same as the rest of us?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Zip Code

What life would be good Tone, a life defending the indefensible, a life posting crap on message boards and twitter in an attention seeking rage, a life offering sympathy for facilitators of abuse and families of abusers whilst castigating the abused and their families, a life of unquestioning loyalty for one of the most corrupt organisations on earth?

muppet

Is this the same Tony?

QuoteIt is truly sad that people's views cannot be at least tolerated (without ridicule and insults) if not respected.

QuoteI win because I remain calm,don't resort to abuse or personal insults,and adhere to the core points.I wish there could be tolerant debates on this board where all views are respected.
MWWSI 2017

Zip Code

It is the very same muppet - he is a total hypocrite who talks that much shite he ties himself up in knots and repeatedly contradicts himself, he deserves pity more than anything.

T Fearon

I mean seriously.Sexual predators are everywhere,unfortunately,no major.organisation hasn't been blighted by having them imadvertently in their midst.As the world's premier global organisation with a membership of billions,the Catholic Church sadly was always going to have more than its fair share.In my view, when allegations are made Priests are nkw quite correctly suspended, and upon conviction they should be immediately defrocked and indeed excommunicated.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 10:04:13 AM
I mean seriously.Sexual predators are everywhere,unfortunately,no major.organisation hasn't been blighted by having them imadvertently in their midst.As the world's premier global organisation with a membership of billions,the Catholic Church sadly was always going to have more than its fair share.In my view, when allegations are made Priests are nkw quite correctly suspended, and upon conviction they should be immediately defrocked and indeed excommunicated.

So abuse shouldn't ever be covered up then?
MWWSI 2017

Zip Code

Ah muppet you know the rules by now, Tony will never answer a direct question, he will spout shite about Brady doing his job blah blah blah, as I said he deserves pity.

T Fearon

It was the greatest mistake the church ever made to attempt to deal with this issue in house.It didnt stop the abuse and inevitably left the church exposed to attack from theophobic anti catholics who are only waiting for an excuse to demonise.

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 11:22:45 AM
It was the greatest mistake the church ever made to attempt to deal with this issue in house.It didnt stop the abuse and inevitably left the church exposed to attack from theophobic anti catholics who are only waiting for an excuse to demonise.

Correct. But compounding that mistake was that they actually moved these animals around to other parishes where they were free to continue. The leaders of the church were more interested in maintaining their position and power in society, and less interested by far in the victims, past and future, of this shower of tramps. That is to the eternal shame of the leaders of the church all the way up to the very recent past.

muppet

13 year old girl: Can I go to Copper's tonight?
Girl's Dad: No, of course not.
13 year old girl: You hate me!

Grow up Tony.
MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

You're obviously a staunch defender of the Catholic church and I admire you for that as the church has taken a lot of slack by hypocrites in the press who probably wouldn't have stood up to the church back in the day. However you are trying to defend the indefensible here.

I wouldn't consider myself anti Catholic. I can't think of a more depraved crime than sexually abusing a helpless child. Covering it up (or "dealing with this issue in house" as you like to label it) and denying that you did so could be classed as depraved also. Defending people that tried to cover it up??

T Fearon

Thank you for your respectful contribution.I do not equate mishandling a problem with covering up,and those who repeatedly level such charges don't take into account the current robust procedures the church has in place. Sadly it is human nature to protect the integrity of organisations but the best way to do this is in a totally overt manner as soon as possible

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 12:06:46 PM
Thank you for your respectful contribution.I do not equate mishandling a problem with covering up,and those who repeatedly level such charges don't take into account the current robust procedures the church has in place. Sadly it is human nature to protect the integrity of organisations but the best way to do this is in a totally overt manner as soon as possible

This, whether you mean it or not, is precisely why some of us are critical of Brady. He has not dealt with this in a manner that could be called overt.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

He didnt,he and the church should have,but he is not a demon for making a mistake

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 12:06:46 PM

So it is OK to cover up abuse as long as you promise to try and not do it in the future?