Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Handy win for Kilcoo tonight, they never really had to break sweat and even when down to 14 never ever looked under real pressure. Always a good sign when playing well below capability and still getting over the finish line.
As I always say in regard the referee, just like players making handling errors and misplacing passes referees will too make mistakes. Some of the Liatroim fans were bordering on the realms of lunacy at stuff shouting at him. Though does add to the entertainment  :)

supersub

Quote from: hayemaker on August 04, 2011, 05:55:08 PM
if anyone is trying to defend eugene ohare,your a joke!  him and his officials were absolutely awful last night. I just hope this weekend isnt ruined like last night, it could have been an awful lot different, rostrevor got out of jail, theyll be destroyed next round

It could have been different if the ref let it flow we would have won by more, their defence couldn't cope with quick ball.

Winning whole match, hardly out of jail, not as if we came back from the dead. they had a shot on goal at end which was saved, not really out of jail material. Doubt we will get destroyed, but yes improvement is needed.

razor

Quote from: whitegoodman on August 04, 2011, 09:53:14 PM
Where was Doyle playing tonight?  Was he any good?

Doyle was playing midfield tonight. He was very poor i thought considering he is a county star. As said in previous posts Kilcoo never really got out of second gear tonight. I thought the referee was an absolute disgrace. He is too whistle and card happy. He sent off a Kilcoo for no reason and also sent off a liatroim player for no reason. There must have been at least 14 yellow cards and 2 red cards in a game which was not dirty at all.  Also he gave two penaltys which were not penaltys in my opinion and also gave a liatroim a goal which looked like a square ball. I think Gaelic is becoming a non contact sport. I also think this weekend will be spoilt by poor refeering decisions. However Kilcoo are through with playing in top gear so i am happy man.

DownFanatic

Clubs Chase Clarke
5th Aug 2011

Reports from Down Under today (Friday, August 4) claim that AFL Clubs Carlton and Sydney Swans have joined Collingwood in expressing interest in acquiring Down Gaelic Football star Marty Clarke, even though he has yet to declare whether or not he will be returning to Australia.

Under AFL rules, incoming team Greater Western Sydney (GWS) has first rights on Clarke so the other three clubs named above would almost certainly have to strike a deal with them in order to get Clarke, who recently visited Melbourne and apparently met with Collingwood officials.

Player Agent Ger Sholly explains some of the rules in the video below, but in short, Collingwood no longer have any hold on Clarke. GWS has first rights on any player who has been delisted from an AFL list.

Australian newspaper 'The Age' reports today that while Clarke is believed to favour returning to Collingwood, Carlton senior assistant coach Alan Richardson and defensive coach Gavin Brown have relationships with Clarke from their time at Collingwood, Richardson having been head of development when Clarke joined.

Sydney Swans has a connection through Irishmen Tadhg Kennelly and Chris McKagiue from Derry. Collingwood has also signed another County Down player in Caolan Mooney, who will join them shortly.

13aside

i heard drumgath lost sheerin the previous with serious knee injury 

whitegoodman

Bryansford surprisingly only beat the kingdom by a few points tonight, Kingdom give them a real game of it only to run out of steam in the last 10 mins.

King was immense and Bonney looked like a county prospect, very strong and got the better of his dual with John Clarke imo.

Bit disappointed with Bryansford foward line, half fowards especially as was looking forward to seeing clarke, maginn and savage play together.  Still there are no easy wins in the championship and they will be happy enough to be in the next round.

Kingdom impressed me with their hunger and determination but if the direct ball into J Clarke isnt working they struggle.  If Colgen had of been fit they may have done a bit better at midfield but McVeighs kickouts were alot like they are for Down in that they were one dimensional straight down the middle with King invariable getting his hands on the majority of them.

Lastly i hate to mention the ref but without destroying the game he did gave some strange decisions for both sides.

redandblackareback

I actually thought Con Reynolds did ok WGM!!!! Enjoyed the game tonight, both teams intent on playing football compared to the muck served up last night from Kilcoo and liatroim!

Mid Down Gael

I thought Con Reynolds refereed the game well tonight in a game the ford won due to their midfield dominance. King was highly influential in the aerial stakes but it was the fords ability to win breaking balls that impressed me most.
For An Riocht Marty Clarke was superb, worked his socks off, his strength and playmaking where sublime. The loss of James Colgan proved severe.

umpire

Predictions league is updated on the other thread!!!!

DownFanatic

JFC Preliminary Round
Bright 0-13  Mitchels 0-11

whitegoodman

Just thought con gave a few strange ones, king caught a great ball and was then pounded on on the ground and ref gave kingdom free and then 2mins later john Clarke was pushed over the line and he gives a line ball the other way. But as I said he far from ruined what was a decent game.

Timmy Hanna was another one to impress although he didn't have his shooting boots with him, could be an option for half back for the county next year. Marty was impressive although Luke Howard looked well off the pace.

redandblackareback

Quote from: umpire on August 05, 2011, 10:48:46 PM

Umpire you have me down for 3 and iv correctly predicted all 5!! results so far  :(

umpire

Quote from: redandblackareback on August 05, 2011, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: umpire on August 05, 2011, 10:48:46 PM

Umpire you have me down for 3 and iv correctly predicted all 5!! results so far  :(

its now fixed and updated! apologies!!!  i am bad as the referees these days!!!!

sabhallphadraig

JFC: Saul v Ballykinlar

Now in Bright at 7.30pm on Monday night (August 8th)

bridgegael

was there many at the 'ford/kingdom match?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"