Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

There's a brave few boys that were strung along without ever really playing, Anderson being one. A few others were justed used for training match purpses too, badly treated.

dundrumite

I think there will be slight concern in longstone ranks, perhaps being wary of the unknown. Kilclief have been a division side for over the last decade, Saul have also been there in the middle of the decade and Ardglass always produce excellent natural footballers. Throw that together into a one off game and well you never know.. Though the fact longstone are playing together week in week out at an intensity and level where decision making under pressure is key will ultimately be the difference between the two sides.

ardtole

If Toals are offering decent odds on Lecale tomorrow Im going to stick a few quid on them. I dont think they will get a tanking like some of the other posters on here think and it will be a tight enough affair. I know longstone have 4 county panelists and an ex county man while lecale have none. But players like Rosie Sloan, Ricky Kerr, Liam Mullan, Mick Magee, Stevie Deegans, Liam Woods, Adam King are no mugs and they will definitley be as physical as any sfc team. Ambrose and Mark Poland are obvious dangermen and I dont know who is earmarked to pick them up, but if the game is tight in the 2nd half Longstone will feel the pressure a lot more than lecale, they are on their 3rd manager already this year, while Kilclief and Saul are comfortably top of their divisions and Ardglass have also run into a bit of form lately with a very young squad. I dont know what the starting team is tomorrow but I would be surprised if it was similar to Downfanatics selection. I am looking forward to the game tomorrow, Newcastle is a good venue and not bad for a few pints after either, I wonder will there be many neutrals at the game tomorrow?

DownFanatic

We drew with Glasdrumman tonight at the Quarter Road. Big result for us.

Hedgehunter

Glenn Beat Carryduff 2-16 to 0-15 down in Carryduff.. Big win for Glenn who've now done the double over Carryduff.

ardtole

I wouldnt have fancied Glenn to win tonight but im very suprised to hear Dundrum got a point in Glassdrumman. Glasdrumman is a very hard place to get a point out off, they are a strange team Dundrum the fluctuations in their results from week to week are massive, they got a couple off real hammerings before the break but to get a point up there tonight is an impressive result.

Mid Down Gael

ACFL Division 1

Kilcoo 1-15 Mayobridge 1-11

Good result for Kilcoo tonight against a Bridge team that where far from their best. The win leaves us 7 points ahead at the top with 6 games remaining, another couple of wins will guarantee us of top spot and an automatic league final place.

dundrumite

Jackyl and Hyde wouldn't be in it. Carryduff in the championship next week who have hammered us twice this year, we will give it a try anyway. Ardtole few going up from our club anyway, to be honest I am fascinated by it on a few levels and I look forward to the game.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 29, 2011, 10:11:26 PM
ACFL Division 1

Good result for Kilcoo tonight against a Bridge team that where far from their best. The win leaves us 7 points ahead at the top with 6 games remaining, another couple of wins will guarantee us of top spot and an automatic league final place.

Are the Bridge not the team they were?

dundrumite

I think that maybe a bit unfair to Kilcoo. I honestly think Kilcoo over the next decade will be the dominant force in club football in down. Again due to club circumstances my knowledge of division 1 football wouldn't be that strong. However, looking in from
a distance and seeing the conveyor belt they have at their disposal, quite frankly is scary. Especially now they have that first championship monkey off their back

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on July 29, 2011, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 29, 2011, 10:11:26 PM
ACFL Division 1

Are the Bridge not the team they were?

Not as potent as they where a few years ago, but are very capable and if they peak and get momentem going they would be hard to stop. Benny is a fanatastic club player and he is the key, we held him rightly tonight and it went a long way to our victory. The Grants are obvious losses in their defence, an area where they struggled in tonight against our fast moving attack brilliantly led by Conor Laverty.

5 Sams

Good crack in Rostrevor tonight :o
The Aristocrat Years

Hedgehunter

supersub

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 29, 2011, 11:09:38 PM
Good crack in Rostrevor tonight :o

You are right. A certain county star lucky to be able to walk away from that game without an assault charge never mind a red card. A lot of the fighting unnecessary from both teams who reacted to eachother. But saw a few things that were utterly disgusting. As for the game itself it was always going to boil over at some point with a few heavy blows going in early on. Think we were the better team, but will be some Craic if teams come across eachother in cship again!

knockitdown

supersub, have rostrevor a young ref? Caolan Mooneys brother?