Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

A Chara

This Fridays games have now become a Starred Fixture for County Panalists, this fixture will replace next weeks fixture which was originally a four starred game. The games which were to be played on Fri 8th July in Div 1, 2, 3 will now be postponed until later in the season so as not to increase the number of agreed Starred Games for our clubs. Div 4 games will go ahead as planned.

is mise
Sean O Ruanaidh

This was emailed from Sean Rooney tonight. Am I right in saying that there are no games in Division 1, 2 and 3 this Friday and that the games scheduled for this Friday will take place on Friday the 8th of July?

supersub

Hard to tell what 'replace' means in this scenario but I think you are correct!

Rostrevor 0-14 0-14 Longstone

Game was tight the whole way through with only one or two points in it the whole way. Mark Poland can count himself lucky to have stayed on the pitch as he aimed a number of punches at our wing back, and there was a lot of handbags going on for a period in the first half also. Rostrevor had a goal disallowed for a square ball near the end which was very dubious but these things happen! Poland and Mooney both played from the start and Ambrose came on midway through the second half. He didn't seem to get in to the game at all! Hopefully just rustiness.

bridgegael

i think it means the games are going ahead this week but will be starred. fri 8th games were starred originally but will not be starred now and will be played later in the season.  i think.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Dubh driocht

If Ambrose is only playing a quarter of a club game it doesn't look good- we have got a very fortunate draw and ,assuming a win,will probably need Wexford or the beaten Connaught finalists to make Croke Park.

Positives ;
Return of Liam Doyle
Spirit of Conor Lavery
We can only get better
Negatives ;
Midfield
Fitness fade-out
Bizarre substitutions policy ( year 2)

I still have full trust in James as he is smart and is Down football to the backbone. I think he needs to trust his own judgement and not listen so much to the Tyronemen.
The most important thing now is a happy camp with men busting to win for Down.We still have the individual players- what we need is the team spirit from last year.

Pangurban

Agree wholeheartedly, have full confidence in Down, but very dubious about influence of Tyrone man in tactical decisions, he needs to be concentrating his efforts on improving fitness levels, leave the football to the Down Men

EagleLord

Quote from: guevara on June 26, 2011, 04:25:30 PM
For any of those on here banging on about Cluxton's ability at use of the short kick out tune in to Dublin v Kildare.
His Kickouts are being destroyed & he has been the source of several Kildare turnovers.
Brendy is a fantastic keeper, the best in the County by some distance. Yes everyone might have an off day but too many on this seem to be experts on every facet of the game.
Give me McVeigh over Cluxton any day as my opinion is the Dublin media & associated GAA Press have Cluxton hyped to some sort of legendary goalkeeper. Yet the Cluxton Ive watched seems to make mistakes on a more consistent basis than Brendy ever has.

Finally someone else sees it. I have been saying this for years. He is in no way the keeper he is made out to be. He is very prone to clangers and mishaps David James style. Its just not highlighted as much as is would be because he really has saves to make because of the solid Dubs defence. In commentary he was called the best keeper in the country yesterday. I completely agree with you saying I would have McVeigh over him any day. Cluxton makes saves like a soccer goalkeeper. Dives unnecessarily, and yaps a good bit. Not taking anything away from Owen Mulligan's goal, because it was quality, but his matrix impression of a save was laughable.

5 Sams

9.07.2011 (Sat)

GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship

Round 2

Newry 3.00pm An DĂșn v Liatroim

Referee: TBC

(E.T. if Necessary)

The Aristocrat Years

downjim

Donal O'Hare and Ryan McGovern are playing very well at the minute and i think they would add something to the Down panel.. Other players that have impressed this season is Arthur McConville, Sean Parr and Brendan Rooney!!

NP 76

Donal O Hare from Burren is that who you mean if so he is very young and light . Mc Govern also very small but Arthur Mc Conville would give you another option at mid field but was he not there at the start of the year

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: downjim on June 28, 2011, 03:30:29 PM
Donal O'Hare and Ryan McGovern are playing very well at the minute and i think they would add something to the Down panel.. Other players that have impressed this season is Arthur McConville, Sean Parr and Brendan Rooney!!

Sure include the whole Burren team!! OHare and Ryan McGovern are two fringe players in Burren and your suggesting they would be an addition at county level. Two of the above couldnt make this years under 21 team while the others apart from Parr wouldnt add to the squad imo.

whitegoodman

Quote from: downjim on June 28, 2011, 03:30:29 PM

What exactly would they add?? Other than more Burren numbers.  Good young club players with potential, lets leave it at that.  Agree with MDG, Parr would be the only one of the above that may add something to the current Down panel.  The others whilst having potential have a bit to go yet.

Square Ball

div 4 result
Bredagh  3-16 Bright 0-6
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Banana Man

Quote from: Square Ball on June 29, 2011, 08:23:06 AM
div 4 result
Bredagh  3-16 Bright 0-6

jeysus that is some hammering!

amallon

Leitrm game isnt a ticket game. Its all pay at the gate.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

EagleLord

Should be a packed house then amallon.