Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP 76

Ballyholland 2-08 Rostrevor !-08 Rostrevor got a penalty the last kick of the game to add some respectability to the scoreline  Good win for Harps tonight draw at halt time 4 all . Tough game some big hits and alot of niggle all the way through it

Leo

Quote from: NP 76 on May 03, 2011, 09:40:02 PM
Ballyholland 2-08 Rostrevor !-08 Rostrevor got a penalty the last kick of the game to add some respectability to the scoreline  Good win for Harps tonight draw at halt time 4 all . Tough game some big hits and alot of niggle all the way through it

Bholland looked very comfortable against a poor Rostrevor team who played across the field for practically the whole game and it's a wonder they got near the goals at all. Soft penalty at the end for them. Physical game but very short on quality. Robbie White the best player on view, outshining the two Murphys, Parr & Murney.
Fierce tame altogether

marsbarkid

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on May 03, 2011, 07:28:32 PM
Baile Choinnleora 0-12 Naomh Pól 2-15

Three out of Three.... ;D

St.Pauls are going well this year, i see if use beat Bright by 14 on thurs, u will go top on points difference. It's not inconceivable as u have home advantage + Bright will no doubt be missing a few due to soccer commitments!

Lecale2

When is the draw for the championships?

alba2

Beating cavan and drawing with Offaly over the weekend.. I hear we have lost a few players from the experience which is a bit of a blow to the championship plans.. But with Ambrose back - at least midfield should get a boost for the game with Armagh..

Brick Tamlin

what players have fallen by the wayside then

alba2

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 04, 2011, 12:02:33 PM
what players have fallen by the wayside then

Conor garvey, hamstring, Declan Rooney, Hamstring, and Mark Poland , knee all serious doubts for the game v armagh..

whitegoodman

Garvey and Rooney both got hurt in club games and neither were playing for their club last week, Garvey is the biggest doubt.  Gerrard McCartan also hurt his ankle from what i hear in the challenge matches over the wkend and would also be rated as doubtful.  Rony Murtagh hasnt played a club game yet this year due to an ankle injury but should be alright in a wk or 2

From what i hear ambrose knee is fine now and it is the hamstring that is the problem.  Apparantly he needs to build it up again after being so long out ( Im no physio but could this not have been done in conjunction with the reabilitation of the knee).  Dont think the county managment were too happy that he came on the other night either!!!

alba2

Quote from: whitegoodman on May 04, 2011, 01:16:27 PM
Garvey and Rooney both got hurt in club games and neither were playing for their club last week, Garvey is the biggest doubt.  Gerrard McCartan also hurt his ankle from what i hear in the challenge matches over the wkend and would also be rated as doubtful.  Rony Murtagh hasnt played a club game yet this year due to an ankle injury but should be alright in a wk or 2

From what i hear ambrose knee is fine now and it is the hamstring that is the problem.  Apparantly he needs to build it up again after being so long out ( Im no physio but could this not have been done in conjunction with the reabilitation of the knee).  Dont think the county managment were too happy that he came on the other night either!!!

Rooney only played against the bridge and didnt look interested in the game at all - def didnt look lijke a county player that day.  Gerard Mc Cartan would be a massive loss as he could pick up Jamie Clarke in the game and nullify his threat.  garvey has had a bit of a stop start season with both club and county - need him on the pitch on the 28th though as he is massive player for us.  Ambrose is going to take a bit longer to get back - but we have a long summer ahead of us so its grand.  Wouldnt pass any remarks on county management not being too impressed - it was a derby game and he was gonna try it.  Pride of the parish still means something to some players...
Did Murtagh not play last night for the harps against Rostrevor?

PAULD123

Quote from: whitegoodman on May 04, 2011, 01:16:27 PM
From what i hear ambrose knee is fine now and it is the hamstring that is the problem.  Apparantly he needs to build it up again after being so long out ( Im no physio but could this not have been done in conjunction with the reabilitation of the knee).

Not really WGM, see the rehabilitation of a ligament and muscle are different. The ligament had to be allowed to rest to heal from the operation, whereas the muscle is strengthened by use. If you rest the ligament you lose the strength of the muscle. If you exercise the muscle you weaken the healing ligament. It's the same with broken bones. To heal the bone the leg is inactive in a cast. The result is that after the bone has healed, there is then a process of strengthening the muscle tissue that has wasted away. Ligaments are more like flexible bones than muscles.

But 6 weeks training is just about enough time to strengthen leg muscles that have been inactive for 6 months. After two weeks the muscle tissue is strong enough to be fully trained on and another four builds it up to at least not be out balanced by the other leg. By the Armagh game Ambrose should have no problems with his legs, it could maybe just be the cardio capacity that he may be lacking as his general fitness level will have receeded quite a bit.

thewobbler

Murtagh played the 2nd half against Rostrevor, and wasn't at his sharpest. I'd say he's a couple of weeks away himself.

Class of 99

How is dee Rafferty getting on?

NP 76

played a while against kerry but have heard little since about him .Sure he will be pushing hard come the end of the month hope he is always gives 100%

Leo

Quote from: thewobbler on May 04, 2011, 04:31:25 PM
Murtagh played the 2nd half against Rostrevor, and wasn't at his sharpest. I'd say he's a couple of weeks away himself.

Thought he was "sharp" enough in that he contributed a couple of important scores but he was limping throughout. More than a couple of weeks I woud say.
Fierce tame altogether

DownFanatic

Just before the shit possibly hits the fan, the county board are suggesting that next Friday's (13th May) unstarred League fixtures either become starred or alternatively are moved forward to Wednesday the 11th May were they would remain unstarred.

County board meeting tomorrow night to vote on it. The county pulled a fast one last year and made an unstarred set of games starred and got away with it.