Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

down_vetran

Quoteawkward for the wee lad

think of his aul man, losing his place on the team for his son, talk about awkwardness!!

all be it the da was a brilliant player but something tells me the young fella's going to take it one step further! sure to be great (if he's anything like the da)

dundrumite

Quote from: down_vetran on April 22, 2011, 05:22:35 PM

think of his aul man, losing his place on the team for his son, talk about awkwardness!!

all be it the da was a brilliant player but something tells me the young fella's going to take it one step further! sure to be great

Is he on the county minors?

Overthebar!

Quote from: down_vetran on April 22, 2011, 05:22:35 PM

all be it the da was a brilliant player but something tells me the young fella's going to take it one step further! sure to be great

are you for real? you wouldn't be half one to talk someone up. I don't know this lad, nor have I ever seen him play but coming out with statements like 'sure to be great' won't do anyone any good and are a bit much for a player who isn't even out of minor yet.

down_vetran

Quote from: Overthebar! on April 23, 2011, 02:09:51 AM
are you for real? you wouldn't be half one to talk someone up. I don't know this lad, nor have I ever seen him play but coming out with statements like 'sure to be great' won't do anyone any good and are a bit much for a player who isn't even out of minor yet.

i was merely making a prediction going on his aul mans days. if he plays anywhere near that standard he'll make a name for himself

westdowngael

Just home from the annaclone vs castlewellan game...anyone any thoughts on the match (or refereeing) Brian McIver sitting in the crowd i see...he didnt have much to look at in fairness, a lot of mistakes by both teams however some great moves at times by both teams. coming out of the ground to hear castlewellan men saying that they are too good for division 2 was laughable...

Dubh driocht

westdowngael

castlewellan 2-15 annaclone 3-6

DownFanatic

On the whole Castlewellan were the better team. They looked a lot more dangerous than the Clone. The losers had a period of dominance in the 1st half but always looked like second fiddle in the 2nd.
Castlewellan are very young and light and surely would have been out of their depth in Division 1 this year but its hard to see them dropping many points in Division 2 this year.
Nobody really stood out for either team. Cahal Crilly give Brendy McArdle his fill of it and was probably the Town's best player.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Anyone at Ballycran today for Christy Ring fixture??

Mid Down Gael

ACFL Division 1

Kilcoo 1-13 An Riocht 0-11

Scoreline flattered our victory over the Kingdom this evening with 1-1 in injury time, the goal from a goalkeeping blunder.
An Riocht where the better side for the first 40 minutes with the great Marty Clarke, John Clarke, Paddy Cole and James Colgan their best players.
Kilcoo finished the game strongly with Felim McGreevy, Darragh OHanlon and Conor Laverty, when he was left inside, instrumental.

alba2

Burren beat Saval in the end it was more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.  How Stephen Kearney aint on our county panel is beyond me.. He gave an exhibition this evening...

NP 76

Ballyholland hammered the Stone 1-14 to 0-07 Paul Murphy outstanding as the poster before said of Kearney cant see how he is not on county set up i dont know . In peak fitness still think he could do a job at that level

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: NP 76 on April 23, 2011, 08:38:31 PM
Ballyholland hammered the Stone 1-14 to 0-07 Paul Murphy outstanding as the poster before said of Kearney cant see how he is not on county set up i dont know . In peak fitness still think he could do a job at that level

The Stone are gonna struggle big time. Thats two hammerings, they just dont have the numbers or have quality strength in depth to cope without their missing players.

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: alba2 on April 23, 2011, 08:00:33 PM
Burren beat Saval in the end it was more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.  How Stephen Kearney aint on our county panel is beyond me.. He gave an exhibition this evening...

Are you for real, i was at that game myself. You're either mixing him up with somebody else or your a huge fan of his. Best players on the park were Savals no 7 & 6, says it all about Burrens dissapointing half forward line really. Dan MCartan was good for Burren and Gerard McCartan totally snuffed out any potential threat Falloon posed. Burren in truth were far superior but did their best to hand it back to Saval a few times. Early doors.

whitegoodman

Quote from: NP 76 on April 23, 2011, 08:38:31 PM

Not trying to be rude but did he ever do a job at the very top level.  Nice lad, decent club footballer but not an intercounty player.  Ross didnt do him any favours by somehow playing him at midfield for the county.  James tried to convert him into a defender as he obviously thought he wasnt near the level required to play in the forward line.