Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

In all fairness we just about deserved to get the draw, gonna be a long hard season ahead
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Quote from: Square Ball on April 15, 2011, 10:03:19 PM
In all fairness we just about deserved to get the draw, gonna be a long hard season ahead

Bit early for the mind games :)

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 15, 2011, 10:19:54 PM

Bit early for the mind games :)
take what you want from it ;D

Square Ball

Right, who will finish top after all the league games, no play offs just top:

Division 1
Burren
Division 2
Castlewellen
Division 3
Kilclief
Division 4
Bredagh

NedFlanders

Was at the Kingdom, Clonduff game tonight and have to say, Jason Brown is one dirty bruit. Not just him but the Clonduff number 6 cant tackle, it was a disgrace..
C.Killen, John Clarke and Young Patrick Cole impressed for the Kingdom Tonight. Played some really tidy football at time.
Shane ward went off with a serious injury tonight, strechered off, anyone hear any reports on that!
And were is the clown of a ref Oliver Burke from, poorest of the poor tonight and its only round 1, god help us!

supersub

Some scoreline in castlewellen game!

Dubh driocht

Was at the  Stone V Kilcoo game. Kilcoo are now alongside the Bridge with strength in depth.MDG is right; if Down do well, the Stone are going down. Mind you, I think they will take that.
Not sure if Ambrose will touch leather until July.

T O Hare

Quote from: supersub on April 15, 2011, 10:00:20 PM
I am not one normally for condeming individuals but how Leo Smyth is given senior league games to referee defeats me! He was terrible from start to finish tonight for both sides. It was a poor game in fairness and we didn't deserve to win but that doesn't take away from the bewildering decisions he made during play. Saval were winning the whole game until we got a goal in injury time (which was dodgy), only for them to draw level even deeper in injury time (which was twice as long as he indicated but no matter). I don't blame him for rostrevor playing badly obviously as Saval were far better especially in first half, but I can't understand how referees can get away with making such shocking errors in 'judgment'. To add to this it was ridiculous that danny Hughes didn't get sent off, he clearly punched one of our lads twice in the face in front of Leo but somehow our man got booked. Dont know whether this was protection (blind eye) for county men but it was just another decision he got terribly wrong. Both sides agreed at the end that he was very poor.

I was not at the game but i don't like the attack on a clubmate!! I was talking to three Bridge men tonight who were at the game  and who i would  classify as over  critical fans. They said that Leo refereed the game well and let the game go!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 14, 2011, 08:39:08 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on April 14, 2011, 08:34:49 PM
ACFL Div 2

Liatroim  1 - 9  Loughinisland  2 - 4

Gerard McAnulty playing for Liatroim?

Gerards transfer is not totally finalised yet. Ben ORielly and Aidan Rice recieved red cards in a game that turned out fiesty.

redandblackareback

Quote from: NedFlanders on April 16, 2011, 12:41:23 AM
Was at the Kingdom, Clonduff game tonight and have to say, Jason Brown is one dirty bruit. Not just him but the Clonduff number 6 cant tackle, it was a disgrace..
C.Killen, John Clarke and Young Patrick Cole impressed for the Kingdom Tonight. Played some really tidy football at time.
Shane ward went off with a serious injury tonight, strechered off, anyone hear any reports on that!
And were is the clown of a ref Oliver Burke from, poorest of the poor tonight and its only round 1, god help us!

Jason Brown dirty???  ;D he must have changed...

Went to bryansford v ballyholland last night, shane mulhollands charges can count themselves unlucky not to come away with something in a game they fully deserved to get something out of. 6 - 5 up at half time they went to sleep at the start of the second half and that is what ultimately cost them in the end. Their a big team throughout the heart of their side ballyholland with a lot of physicality added into it. They ll take points off teams this year and with saval showing well against rostrevor it could be a very competitive div 1 this year!

On a seperate note, we v had a couple of posters complain about referees last night, I think its a very tough job and not one too many of us would be keen on doing. Think its unfair to publically criticise and name them on the forums to be honest.

Mid Down Gael

Ulster Minor Football League Simi Final Result From Celtic Park

Doire 3-11  An Dun 1-12

Mid Down Gael

Id go with,

Division 1
Mayobridge

Division 2
Castlewellen

Division 3
Tullylish

Division 4
Saul

dundrumite

Doesn't really match up to your prediction on another thread  :P I would be totally shocked if Bredagh don't get promoted.

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on April 16, 2011, 03:47:34 PM

Doesn't really match up to your prediction on another thread  :P I would be totally shocked if Bredagh don't get promoted.
you wouldnt think I would pick against my own team would you?

supersub

Quote from: T O Hare on April 16, 2011, 03:08:34 AM
Quote from: supersub on April 15, 2011, 10:00:20 PM
I am not one normally for condeming individuals but how Leo Smyth is given senior league games to referee defeats me! He was terrible from start to finish tonight for both sides. It was a poor game in fairness and we didn't deserve to win but that doesn't take away from the bewildering decisions he made during play. Saval were winning the whole game until we got a goal in injury time (which was dodgy), only for them to draw level even deeper in injury time (which was twice as long as he indicated but no matter). I don't blame him for rostrevor playing badly obviously as Saval were far better especially in first half, but I can't understand how referees can get away with making such shocking errors in 'judgment'. To add to this it was ridiculous that danny Hughes didn't get sent off, he clearly punched one of our lads twice in the face in front of Leo but somehow our man got booked. Dont know whether this was protection (blind eye) for county men but it was just another decision he got terribly wrong. Both sides agreed at the end that he was very poor.

I was not at the game but i don't like the attack on a clubmate!! I was talking to three Bridge men tonight who were at the game  and who i would  classify as over  critical fans. They said that Leo refereed the game well and let the game go!

I would say either set of players/management would have a very different view. A blatant punch in the face going unpunished is just one example. I think that is letting the game go taken to the extreme no harm to him. Also our goal was very dodgy. One example from each side, of Which there were plenty.

As for giving out about people on here, I see it nearly every week with criticism of indivduals, (mainly county players) here and other threads. Nothing is ever said. Just because it is more localised and more people know him personally doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised.