Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knockitdown

Quote from: supersub on April 01, 2011, 12:33:26 PM
Quote from: Leo on April 01, 2011, 07:04:44 AM
Quote from: supersub on April 01, 2011, 12:11:51 AM
Anyone hear of any players dropped from the down panel this week?

Apparently the colours of the magpies are gone coincidentally at the same time that the county is about to announce its new sponsorship deal with Sainsburys. That is a more worrying issue altogether, and it's not because the colour of the enemy - orange - will now be splashed across the Down jersey but to be the first county to accept sposnorship from a major English conglomerate is not the Dowm way.

So no then..

Gary McArdle from annaclone and packie downy from drumgath

NP 76

surprised Downey lasted this long myself

PAULD123

Quote from: alba2 on March 31, 2011, 02:12:30 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on March 31, 2011, 01:33:29 PM
Last years performance by the under 21 management was poor but there has been some sort of improvement this year and would therefore give Collins one more year at it to win something on the condition that Poucher goes...........an EMBARRASSMENT to Down football.

As for a new manager if there was one, think they should be proven at club level or schools level, perhaps barney mcaleenan, cathal murray, johnny mccumisky or even ray morgan if he would do it.  Sean Ward does seem to be doing something right with Burren but id wait to see how he gets on taking a senior job if he does so before giving him the county 21 job ( And i know Collins was given the job without any previous experience )

Give him one more year - are you serious?? two good panels of players wasted now at this stage - why wait on another one getting the same treatment... Yes Poacher should go as he is a liability to any team with his hyper activity on the line and getting himself involved last night in the tunnel wasnt the wisest thing to do in the world... But knowing in our county board they will promote him rather thatn replace him.. i totally agree with your choices of management and all names mentioned have some clout - but just dont know if they would step up to the job.. Collins got the job as a stop gap as they couldnt find anyone else - lets get shot of him and his staff and replace with genuine quality...

It probably wouldn't be feasible for Cathal Murray as the school season reaches its peak at the same time as U21 kicks off. When Pete was doing the minors he had Ray Morgan working with him at the school who came more to the fore in the management of the College team. Also the Minor season really gets going with the Championship after Hogan cup is long over. But otherwise it would seem like a logical progression for Cathal especially as many of next year's team would be his former St Colman's players.

The other names you mentioned are all good calls but I don't think Ray Morgan would do it at this stage. I feel it is such a  pity he was never a coach at county level, think we lost out badly there. Certainly Sean Ward is a good prospect also.

knockitdown

ardtole

When Kyran Smyth took Bright a few years back, he was wondering why he was so short of players for a match one particular night, only to be told there was a big skittles tournement on and half the team was taking part. You would have your work cut out alba2.

NP 76

Packie downey is always knocking about the panel but never makes the break through he then seems to lose heart and then disappears until the next year was just surprised he was still about thats all

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: knockitdown on April 01, 2011, 03:42:25 PM
Quote from: supersub on April 01, 2011, 12:33:26 PM
Quote from: Leo on April 01, 2011, 07:04:44 AM
Quote from: supersub on April 01, 2011, 12:11:51 AM
Anyone hear of any players dropped from the down panel this week?

Apparently the colours of the magpies are gone coincidentally at the same time that the county is about to announce its new sponsorship deal with Sainsburys. That is a more worrying issue altogether, and it's not because the colour of the enemy - orange - will now be splashed across the Down jersey but to be the first county to accept sposnorship from a major English conglomerate is not the Dowm way.

So no then..

Gary McArdle from annaclone and packie downy from drumgath

Colm Murney of Rostrevor and Jason Brown of Clonduff are the other two dropped.

Leo

Collected my club tickets for Saturday - worst corner of Croke Park they could put me. Then I checked Ticketmaster to find that much better seats are available in Lower Hogan. Glad of any seat to see this match but still think this is totally wrong, it's not like it'll be a full house .
Fierce tame altogether

mournerambler

Quote from: Leo on April 01, 2011, 05:15:17 PM
Collected my club tickets for Saturday - worst corner of Croke Park they could put me. Then I checked Ticketmaster to find that much better seats are available in Lower Hogan. Glad of any seat to see this match but still think this is totally wrong, it's not like it'll be a full house .

+1 fecking joke

amallon

The Dublin county board will be responsible for allocating the tickets.  A complaint should be made, people who get tickets through their club should get the best tickets.  Ticketmaster should get the rest. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

marsbarkid

Quote from: mournerambler on April 01, 2011, 05:40:44 PM
Quote from: Leo on April 01, 2011, 05:15:17 PM

+1 fecking joke

+1 as well! I could have got quite good tickets of ticketmaster a few weeks ago but decided to be a good club man + get them off our club to possibly(hopefully :)) help with our allocation later in the year. Bad idea! I asked for Hogan + they've put me in Section336 RowAA, ffs! If it rains i'll have to listen to the wife as well!

marsbarkid

Quote from: amallon on April 01, 2011, 07:52:07 PM
The Dublin county board will be responsible for allocating the tickets.  A complaint should be made, people who get tickets through their club should get the best tickets.  Ticketmaster should get the rest.

Agreed!

SHEEDY

Quote from: marsbarkid on April 01, 2011, 09:32:01 PM
Quote from: amallon on April 01, 2011, 07:52:07 PM

Agreed!
in the past i have got my tickets from the club and from tickemaster. dont see how someone who gets them from a club should be entitled to better tickets. gettin your tickets from a club doesnt make you a better supporter or a better gaa person than someone who uses another source. some people only join a club to get tickets and you never see them the rest of the tear
nil satis nisi optimum

NP 76

Season ticket holders got good seat this time but didnt get great seats in newry from our own county board so work that one out think its a bit of a lottery i got tickets from the club before and they were desperate canal end behind goals swore i wouldnt get them from club again

NP 76