Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tone

Quote from: TORGAEL on May 24, 2007, 02:18:15 PM
Fior Gael, i had heard that rumour re Packie, Benny & others on the piss in Gormans myself...........but as it was Packie's own father who had told me was studying for exams, i had to take that as being the truth !

Any more craic about who the others were,Torgael who were out on the piss,I hear there was a bit of a ballacking given out at training on tuesday night

redandblackjack

Why do you want or need to know Tone, what difference does it make? What these fellas do in their own free time is THEIR choice and nobody elses, i am sure if the management see a problem with it they will deal with it accordingly. No milage in naming and shaming fellas for having a beer three weeks before a championship game.

passedit

Quote from: redandblackjack on May 24, 2007, 11:17:37 PM
Why do you want or need to know Tone, what difference does it make? What these fellas do in their own free time is THEIR choice and nobody elses, i am sure if the management see a problem with it they will deal with it accordingly. No milage in naming and shaming fellas for having a beer three weeks before a championship game.

100% right R&B it's their choice, however if they choose not to be serious county footballers they should fcuk off out of it and leave room for those with the right attitude. This sort of shite has been indulged for too long. Bollockings are all very well but if DJ and Ross have a serious long term stategy for down football they should sit these boys down for the Monaghan game at least. Mc Ivor approach needed here i'd say.

Don't Panic

redandblackjack

I know what you are saying, but it is easier said than done. DJ and Ross are not blessed with a squad bulging with talent, therefore dropping players for taking a bit of booze three weeks before a game is out of the question. A breach closer to the time could place all involved in a very awkward position. Knowing the two fellas they will have put a stop to this after the other nite no doubt. At least the players have got it out of their systems (hopefully) for a while. Hopefully we will all have something to drink to in the comming months!

Whitehair

A farce of a feis hurling 7's competition took place in dundrum council pitches last night. The matches were refixed for last night after two referees turned up kitted out on sunday night with no teams contacted! Last night Ballela, Kilclief and Liatroim turned up out of the senior teams with Ballela beating kilclief roughly 5.5 to 2.4, we now play liatriom in the final. In the junior section only hilltown and castlewellan turned up so both teams went home again and will play in the final.

DownFanatic

I would say that there was plenty of sliothars lost in the Moneycarragh river last night Whitehair.

6th sam

The farce over the Hurling feis 7s is mirrored in the football 7s every year--when I played I would have considered myself extremely enthusiastic but I used to dread the 7s every year---started late,team no shows,ref no shows,finished way behind time,mickey mouse organisation,all for maybe 10 minutes of actual playing time-absolute nightmare.I see the same problem with multi-team blitzs at underage level.For organisation purposes these compulsory multi-team 7s competitions should be binned and replaced by a mini-blitz among teams who have genuine committment.The under 10 blitzes in East Down seem to work better because there are  4 local teams with a set start/finish time.Teams enter voluntarily,and therefore only committed teams show up,and everybody gets plenty of game time.

PS-Hurling wise it's about time clubs/county board sort out organisation of hurling in Down-as it still appears to be a farce.As an ex-dual player,I retired from Hurling,as I could no longer justify committing myself to a sport where there was only a handful of properly organised games per year.Surely clubs/county board need to get there heads together on hurling structures.

DownFanatic

7's can be a bit hit and miss. I remember about 4 or 5 years ago when Ballykinlar were holding one of their Ulster Junior 7's tournaments. There were usually 4 groups of four but one year two teams out of a group didnt turn up. This left Lissummon of Armagh and Lisnaskea II's of Fermamangh in the group. Unfortunately for Lisnaskea they turned up late, were beat, fofeited their place in the Shield and had to travel the three hour journey back home after just one game.

Whitehair

Thre were a few balls lost alrite(one thanks to a fine point of mine 8) )

spiritof91and94

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on May 23, 2007, 01:50:02 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on May 23, 2007, 11:24:20 AM
Quote from: TORGAEL on May 22, 2007, 10:33:36 PM
Fior Gael,.......Packie Downey didnt play for Drumgath last night......studying for exams was the story being told.
Hope he hasnt forgot his roots already!
His club should come first no matter what!

Wise up Spirit!!

What do you expect the lad to do when he has an exam the morning after the game on a Monday night!!!

Playing Mitchels isn't gonna pass him his exams, and it surely won't get him a degree!!!

I rest my case!!!!
Hope Benny is still on it when we play the Bridge later

Missing one game doesn't make any less of a clubman!!

tone

Quote from: redandblackjack on May 24, 2007, 11:17:37 PM

The reason why ,I want to see them have a championship game after! Suppose your right nothing gained from naming and shaming,I was just so pissed off when I heard that some did not turn up for their club game on Monday night.

greygoose

TULLYLISH 0-16 DRUMGATH 3-11

Better performance tonight from Drumgath, they went up 10 points early in the 2nd Half and then took the foot off the pedal, fair play to Tullylish they kept battling away and took the scores down to 3 in it, but the better team won on the night.

Also Glenn beat Tecconaught easily i hear.

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 1-15  Bright 0-03

Whitehair

Think Shamrocks beat Clann na banna by a point in injury time...

stpauls

Down ACFL Division 3

St. Paul's 1-15  Ardglass 0-11

Good win for us tonight, could have won by more if we hadn't missed a lot of scores, aswell as giving away a few frees which let them stay in touch for most of the match. Ardglass should have been reduced to 14 men with about 10 minutes to go, referee shit himself and gave a yellow, Ali would have been proud of that left hook. I have never seen a team cry so much to the ref, every time we got the ball, they shouted for over carrying, anything they could think of really!!