Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on February 16, 2011, 01:38:15 PM
Yes its a greek tragedy of monumental Bombastic proportions!!!
Will someone please think of the children in this whole mess.

Talk of the country my hairy arse!
Is there nothing more important or prevolent to discuss this week. National League perhaps.
Agreed.

blueannavy

anyone got any ideas on what the starting 15 will be on sunday ?

umpire

A very strong Galway team being named

1 Adrian Faherty
2 Alan Burke
3 Finian Hanley
4 Kieran McGrath
5 Gary ODonnell
6 Colin Forde
7 David Reilly
8 Garreth Bradshaw
9 Eddie Hoare
10 Joe Bergin
11 Cormac Bane
12 Gary Sice
13 Matthew Clancy
14 Cillín De Paor
15 Sean Armstrong

Colin Forde and Joe Bergin are the players being drafted in from Monaghan game.

DuffleKing

Quote from: umpire on February 18, 2011, 09:52:37 AM
A very strong Galway team being named

1 Adrian Faherty
2 Alan Burke
3 Finian Hanley
4 Kieran McGrath
5 Gary ODonnell
6 Colin Forde
7 David Reilly
8 Garreth Bradshaw
9 Eddie Hoare
10 Joe Bergin
11 Cormac Bane
12 Gary Sice
13 Matthew Clancy
14 Cillín De Paor
15 Sean Armstrong

Colin Forde and Joe Bergin are the players being drafted in from Monaghan game.

Yeah, right...

PAULD123

Team for Sunday:

Brendan McVeigh
Gerald McCartan
Dan Gordon
Luke Howard
Aidan Branagan
Kevin McKernan
Declan Rooney
Peter Fitzpatrick
Kalum King
Daniel Hughes
Mark Poland
Conor Maginn
Conor Laverty
Brendan Coulter
Martin Clarke

So Decky Rooney's back. I think that's good. Interesting to see Maginn and Laverty getting a start. And Benny ia pushed to the square. I'm surprised Murtagh didn't get a chance. Maginn has looked very promising when he's come on as sub I'm glad to see him in. Best of all it's great to see that largely speaking we have a settled team that know who will be playing week in week out and can develop as a unit.

Lotto Man

Quote from: PAULD123 on February 18, 2011, 09:25:20 PM
Team for Sunday:

Brendan McVeigh
Gerald McCartan
Dan Gordon
Luke Howard
Aidan Branagan
Kevin McKernan
Declan Rooney
Peter Fitzpatrick
Kalum King
Daniel Hughes
Mark Poland
Conor Maginn
Conor Laverty
Brendan Coulter
Martin Clarke

So Decky Rooney's back. I think that's good. Interesting to see Maginn and Laverty getting a start. And Benny ia pushed to the square. I'm surprised Murtagh didn't get a chance. Maginn has looked very promising when he's come on as sub I'm glad to see him in. Best of all it's great to see that largely speaking we have a settled team that know who will be playing week in week out and can develop as a unit.

Not a bad team and good to see Laverty getting a start.  I would expect to see Gerard Mc Cartan pushing out to the half back line, as he is definately not a corner back.

Mid Down Gael

The Down Subs bench for tomorrow is; Cathal Murdock (Boireann), Conor Garvey (Droichead Mhaigh Éo), Liam Doyle (Liatroim), Paul McPolin (Cluain Daimh), Ronan Murtagh (Baile Cholmáin), John Clarke (An Ríocht), James Colgan (An Ríocht), Mark Doran (Cloch Fhada), Aidan Carr (Cluain Daimh), Ronan Sexton (Droichead Mhaigh Éo) and Paul McComiskey (Dun Droma).

fitzroyalty

supersub

To be fair that is a very strong bench alright!! Bit light defensively but with a few to still come back it aint half bad!

Well every one noticed the lack off discussion on page the last week. Everyone is more interested about a plastic bottle thrown at a school match. So on a different note how does everyone think our senior leagues are going to pan out or is there any club teams going to surprise us this year?

Leonardo

great bench for down ok, but aidan carr must be wondering whats going on. Good mckenna campaign and now he's not involved. likewise john clarke, what does the future hold for these men. county needs a strong panel, but can the fringe players accept limited game time???

supersub

Well this has been the first big game in a while (last season included) that Clarke has been dropped to be honest! Carr has a right to feel annoyed more so than John! Suppose the management have brought in two fringe players to start this game at the expense of two regular starters in McComisky and Clake which shows some loyalty to the players who work hard to earn a start!

mournerambler

I've been told that the Saul ballad group won an All Ireland Scór na nÓg title yesterday in Castlebar, many many congratulations on a magnificent achievement, the years of hard work this club have invested in promoting Scór are paying off, I think this is their 2nd All Ireland Scór title.

redandblackareback

My ratings on todays game, think we must get things in perspective we just beat galway by 5 points comfortably which didnt look too achievable 2 years ago. Appreciate where we have come before you start to come on and rant and rave,

B Mc Veigh 6 - Solid although at times his kick outs are very erractic, dont think he has confidence to hit them short.
L Howard - Unlucky with injury
D Gordon - 6 Did what he had too, will never be out in front but will compete with anything in the air, caught a couple of nice balls.
G Mc Carten - 6 - Still unsure on gerard, nice lad but not the same drive or cut as dee or dan.
A Brannigan - 4 - Gave away serious number of silly fouls and does not look at all comfortable on the ball.
K mc Kernan - 8 - Most improved Down player since James took over, looks confident, assured in possession and has great engine. Also has improved his physicality in the tackle.
D Rooney - 5 Only back from injury and it will take time, doesnt need to get involved in off the ball stuff as much as he does
K King - 5 lot of ground still needed to be covered by Kallum but a reasonable shift today.
P Fitzpatrick - 5 - Take away his goal at the end didnt feel he contributed an awful lot. When the ground hardens im sure we ll see more of his old self.
D Hughes -8 - Easily one of Downs most important players at present, he drives forward when in possession and always looks to do somethin positive not negative.
M Poland - 5 - Below par day for Mark despite the fact he hit a great score early on and I feel Aidan Carr could be in with a shout of no11.
C Maginn 6 - workman like performance which ended with him gettin a well deserved goal in the 1st half. Doesnt get near enoughcredit for his work off the ball
C Laverty 6- Thought the wee man did very well in an environment (ie heavy pitch, windy day) which is not really tailored to suit him! Kicked a couple of nice points into the bargin.
B Coulter - 6 - Unfortunately Benny knows what he wants to do but the legs cant do it anymore, would like to see benny rested more at this time of year rather than flogged to death. Still our biggest scoring threat up front
M Clarke - 8 - Probably Downs best player again, he never wastes the ball when he is in posession and took some heavy heavy treatment today and got very little protection!

Subs - C Garvey 6 - good to see him back as we dont have too many man markin defenders at present
J Colgan - 6 - Did ok, Im not sure about him in the middle of the field. Good head on him though to slow things down.
A Carr - 5 - Gave away a few balls but was on the ball a fair bit in such a short period of time!
P Mc Comisky - Set up the goal
L Doyle - If only he could stay fit.

Roll on next weekend which is sure to see fans crawl out from everywhere to see armagh take their beating. A win next week will leave Down safe and let the monaghan and armagh men to battle it out with galway for aRelegation

Dubh driocht

Not too far off the mark RABAB
Maybe a bit too kind to Mc Kernan and not kind enough to Pete Fitz. Also thought Colgan was super when he come on - commanding, composed and super block set up the goal ( and fair play to Mc Comiskey).To be fair , the management called it well today.Important to focus on 2 points next week.