Banana Man

micky doyle is over clann na banna

5 Sams

Ballyholland - Shane Mulholland
The Aristocrat Years

western exile

Quote from: Banana Man on January 13, 2011, 08:51:33 AM
micky doyle is over clann na banna
That should make Liatroim v. Clann na Banna  interesting  8)

knockitdown

EagleLord

Does it count as cyber bullying if I say 'I think we should all ignore Clownjim's comments?'

whitegoodman

I think thon boy should be taken as a WUM and should be largely ignored.

A couple of questions for bridge posters on here.

Firstly is Francie going to bring a coach or is he going to do it himself.  I always seen him as more of a motivator/selector rather than a coach looking from the outside.  ( could be completley wrong on that one )

Secondly every time i watched the bridge last year i was wondering why one of the best defenders Down have got and arguable ur best defender was playing wing half forward.  Now im in no position to tell Eamon McEnaney how to manage but it just made no sense to me why Conor Garvey was not the spine of ur defence marking the best forward on the oppositing team.  I no he was injured in the championship but he came back and played at wing forward in the league final.
If he is good enough for James to put on Sean Cavanagh then surely he is good enough to put on downs best individuals.

EagleLord

Garvey has got great feet. He can take a score as good as any other Bridge forward I reckon. His undoubted definsive ability only makes his selection at half forward even better. Tackling and turning the ball over, and being more that fit to cope with an opposition attacking half back. Having said that, playing him at 12 only takes the place of an out and out forward, so you could argue 5 is his best position.

Mid Down Gael

Down Team to face Armagh tonight

1. Cathal Murdock 2. Paul McPolin 3. Gary McArdle 4. Kevin McKernan 5. Kevin Anderson 6. James Colgan 7. Kevin Duffin 8. Peter Fitzpatrick 9. Declan Sheerin 10. Conor Maginn 11. Aidan Carr 12. Brendan Coulter 13. Paul Devlin 14. Ronan Murtagh 15. Martin Clarke.

Much strengthened team from the one named last week. Just shows the management dont wanna risk the trialists listed to play last week against stronger opposition. I thought it would have made sence to judge them against opposition like Armagh.

whitegoodman

Positives from 2nite, carr and murtagh put their hand up for places, murdock did alright in nets, fitzpatrick was alright, bennys finishing was superb although if they are going to play him wing forward he is going to have to learn to follow his man( Armagh 2nd goal ), still unbelievable finishing for the 2nd goal and he is some threat under the high ball.

Negatives from 2nite, defence was worse than hopeless, kevin mckernan corner bacl WTF, is paul mcpolin not a corner forward.  Could aidan brannigan not have taken one of these 2 positions?  Subs added very little, lavery particular frustrating.

Ahh its only a glorifed challenge match, il try not to get too worked up about it even though it was those orange c**ts lol

Mid Down Gael

Down team and scorers from tonight.

1. Cathal Murdock 2. Paul McPolin 3. Gary McArdle 4. Kevin McKernan 0-1 5. Kevin Anderson 6. James Colgan 7. Kevin Duffin 8. Peter Fitzpatrick 1-0 9. Declan Sheerin 10. Conor Maginn 0-1 11. Aidan Carr 0-3 12. Brendan Coulter 2-1 13. Paul Devlin 14. Ronan Murtagh 0-1 15. Martin Clarke 0-3.

Subs:
M Magee 0-1, C Laverty, L Doyle, C Poland and K King.

Aidan Carr had his best game in a Down jersey since 2008 tonight while Kevin Duffin done rightly. Benny and Clarke had poor opening 20 minutes but where outstanding after that. Murtagh had his moments and imo has to start this year. Maginn again flattered to decieve while our defence was all at see every time Armagh ran at us. I dont think any of the fringe players done enough to suggest they are in our top 24 players against an Armagh side minus many of their main men.

whitegoodman

Basically agree with all of that.  None of the fringe players did themselves any favours to make the panel, could have played their way out of panel if anything.

Carr and Poland could have a great battle for the 11 jersey.  Clarke was absolutley hopeless in the first 20, as bad as i ever seen him, improved thereafter to have a big influence.

last years back 6 have nothing to worry about going by 2night but its early days

Lecale2

Biilly Joe Padden came on as a sub for Armagh. What's that all about?