Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavesofTORRES

Fair play to you alba! coming the whole way from Killough to congratulate the mighty Burren men whom you seem to be very familiar with from afar. No doubt you had a scoop or one with that other Burren diehard Clownjim (sorry Downjim), pint in one hand reproductive organ in the other (both of ye). For one with such an indepth knowledge of every other club in the county and the mental  stability of their players and management how has wee James overlooked your vast experience and not had you on board by now. Get one thing straight if this is an example of what you plan to contribute in the forthcoming season no one is interested in biased assessment in favour of your own club while taking cheap shots at members from other clubs, self praise is no praise.  Like I said before re; Downjim, a proud club like Burren and those members you have mentioned ( i know each and every one of them,personally) would cringe with embarrassment at reading your drivel. Congratulations to Burren. Kicking on from such a sound foundation is what matters, and it will benefit the county in the long run.

alba2

Quote from: wavesofTORRES on January 09, 2011, 09:48:27 PM
Fair play to you alba! coming the whole way from Killough to congratulate the mighty Burren men whom you seem to be very familiar with from afar. No doubt you had a scoop or one with that other Burren diehard Clownjim (sorry Downjim), pint in one hand reproductive organ in the other (both of ye). For one with such an indepth knowledge of every other club in the county and the mental  stability of their players and management how has wee James overlooked your vast experience and not had you on board by now. Get one thing straight if this is an example of what you plan to contribute in the forthcoming season no one is interested in biased assessment in favour of your own club while taking cheap shots at members from other clubs, self praise is no praise.  Like I said before re; Downjim, a proud club like Burren and those members you have mentioned ( i know each and every one of them,personally) would cringe with embarrassment at reading your drivel. Congratulations to Burren. Kicking on from such a sound foundation is what matters, and it will benefit the county in the long run.

welll wavesofTORRES like i have already said - this is a discussion board and i - like you - am entitled to my opinion... I am not from Burren and indeed have no relations there... I have been a proud Killough mana ll my life and will continue to be.  Just because i go to alot of football in the county and know about individual players doesnt make me an expert - nor do i pretend to be... I will leave that up to you ya slabber...

wavesofTORRES

You got that right! your no expert. Cant say I noticed you over around the club today. After all an interloper from Killough making a nuisance of himself  would stick out like a pound of sausages at a bar mitzvah. You've had a long day, alba/clownjim are off to bed. :-[ 

redandblackareback

Quote from: alba2 on January 09, 2011, 09:03:29 PM
Yeah big ward has been with them from the start and has had some good men with him through the years - paddy o'rourke for one, Sean O'Hare who is an excellent trainer and is taking armagh at the minute  :o, Ronan Mc Govern has been there and done that as a player and Tony mc ardle who was also part of the senior set up this year to name but a few.  These are all good men to have about the place and can pass on their experiences to the players.
i think next years championship will be a four horse race - Burren, Kilcoo, Bridge and Ford.. these 4 teams are absolutely miles ahead of the rest in the county.  Clonduff are an accident waiting to happen at allstages - they score goals by the bagful but conceed them aplenty as well.. Kingdom need to sort out their psycho manager before they can be taking seriously - the man is a lunatic on the line and games against Burren, and Clonduff last season were a disgrace on his behalf.  Rostrevor are a strange team and should be winning all the time but cant keep the players interested - but as i have said before - maybe Colgan can get the best outta them - the stone could be dark horses if they get their act together... But the top 4 are the aforementioned...

Thought that was Mike Mc Gurns job alba??

Know what they say Sean, self praise is no praise   ;)

EagleLord

Burren have won 5 u21 championships in a row, fairplay, thats what will be on record. In those 5 years, teams who people would have fancied for the title have not entered however. Mayobridge hadnt entered a team in that competition since 2004 before this year. I would have imagined they would have had a decent team over those years, likes of Conor Garvey and co. And Kilcoo would have had a very good team this past 2 yrs with Paul Devlin being basically the best player in his age group playing, but Kilcoo didnt enter teams into it either. Lets not forget Rostrevor won 4/5 minor championships in a row, but couldnt translate that to senior wins in following years. All this speculation of up and coming teams and young teams dominating etc is basically all BS, until they win a signifigant amount of senior championships in a row or in an era. But as I mentioned before, years from now when records are shown, it will read that Reds won 4 minor championships in a row, and Burren won 5 u21 championships in a row, and that is very very impressive. 

alba2

Thought that was Mike Mc Gurns job alba??

Know what they say Sean, self praise is no praise   ;)
[/quote]

Mike Mc Gurn is the Physical Trainer of the team - O'hare takes the football stuff... Do a bit of research redandblackareback..

When We Win

If what i hear is correct RIP Micheala Harte and my heart goes out to John. Awful news.

redandblackareback

Yes absolutely shocking news and Puts things into perspective for some of the clowns on here..

John is a lovely fella and a great down gael and my thoughts and prayers are with both families.

EagleLord

Heard that last night, heartbreaking stuff. Hard to imagine anything worse imo. Same thing happened to a man in our club a brave few years ago. Terrible news. RIP.

Banana Man

it's crazy, crazy stuff, i just can't take it in

shahrock02

13aside

deepest sympathies to all involved,a shocking crime,my heart goes out to both families,wider community and of course to young John McAreavey

downjim

Didnt i tell you we were the up and coming team.. Mayobridge are a team in decline and could not cope with our young warriers :) they know that and their management set up shows they are resigned to the fact that they are finished... Byransford will provide us with our stiffest task next year.. Kilcoo will be a threat but they are too light... the rest of the teams will be looking to stay up and it will be a war of attrition... five in a row... :) :)

bridge fan

fancy giving odds on that downjim

superblues

i think people should ignore downjim he is an edjit probably not from burren people from burren have more in them especially at a time like this