Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razor

They mean the County Pitch and not the back pitch in newry.

Also i think it is a disgrace that the Intermediate semi final between Annaclone and Carryduff and the Senior semi final between Kilcoo and Bryansford are being played in Pairc Esler for 2 reasons.

1. Currently there is no changing rooms at Pairc Esler
2. Asking Carryduff to travel to Newry to play an Intermediate Semi Final is a joke why not play it in Castlewellan.
3. Kilcoo and Bryansford will all be going the one way into Newry when Castlewellan is bewteen the 2 of them.

cokers

SFC

Burren v Mayobridge
Bryansford v kilcoo

IFC
Annaclone v Carryduff
Tullylish v Drumgath

mournerambler

Quote from: razor on October 06, 2010, 10:47:14 PM

Also i think it is a disgrace that the Intermediate semi final between Annaclone and Carryduff and the Senior semi final between Kilcoo and Bryansford are being played in Pairc Esler for 2 reasons.

2. Asking Carryduff to travel to Newry to play an Intermediate Semi Final is a joke why not play it in Castlewellan.
3. Kilcoo and Bryansford will all be going the one way into Newry when Castlewellan is bewteen the 2 of them.

ahem, think that might be 3 reasons then razor  ;)

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: mournerambler on October 06, 2010, 11:26:14 PM
Quote from: razor on October 06, 2010, 10:47:14 PM

ahem, think that might be 3 reasons then razor  ;)

Nevertheless, all good points.
i usse an speelchekor

Banana Man

lads the county pitch was paid for to play games on, not lie idle, personally coming from a lower division i would relish every opportunity to get playing in parc esler

Town Gael

After our championship game against Bryansford both sets of players, having changed in portacabins, had to drive home in their wet and dirty gear as there were no showers available in Pairc Esler. Castlewellan or Hilltown would be the place for the semis this weekend.

thegael

Wise up I remember days having to get changed in a ditch before and after games. i bet you'll not hear Kilcoo men worrying about their showering facilities as long as they get the job done. So what there is no showers , wise up as long as the pitch is in good nick and the supporters are treated to good games . in times past we never wooried about those things , they are unimportant in the bigger scheme of things . is there going to be a new breed of spice boys in our county? i hope not !

the gael takes no prisoners!

Mid Down Gael

I see Ciaran Brannigan is getting a bit of stick in todays of the fence in Irish News for his performance last Saturday. Longstone gaels must stil be fuming, they where badly done out of it.

umpire

SFC semi finals
Burren v Mayobridge
Bryansford v Kilcoo

IFC semi finals
Annaclone v Carryduff
Tullylish v Drumgath

downjim

The Bridge are lucky to be in it and the excuses are starting already as to why they will be beaten on Saturday. Typical with the excuses but in truth a full Bridge team would struggle to beat this up and coming Burren team who will dominate Down football for years with Kilcoo. I think this will be the end for Mayobridge and for some of their players and my guess is that they will slip back into the mid table in the next few years and maybe lower! I fear for the Bridges defence against Burrens lightening attack while they will have too much strength in defence!
Kilcoo will beat the Ford. They are too quick and crafty. the ford will not finish the game with 15 men!!

dundrumite

Quote from: downjim on October 07, 2010, 10:31:17 AM
The Bridge are lucky to be in it and the excuses are starting already as to why they will be beaten on Saturday. Typical with the excuses but in truth a full Bridge team would struggle to beat this up and coming Burren team who will dominate Down football for years with Kilcoo. I think this will be the end for Mayobridge and for some of their players and my guess is that they will slip back into the mid table in the next few years and maybe lower! I fear for the Bridges defence against Burrens lightening attack while they will have too much strength in defence!
Kilcoo will beat the Ford. They are too quick and crafty. the ford will not finish the game with 15 men!!
A. Can't say I have ever heard a Mayobridge man come out with excuses on this forum. Not they would need to winning 5 out of the last 6 championships.
B.What is this Bryansford sending off "matter of fact" based on?

supersub

Quote from: thegael on October 07, 2010, 09:37:34 AM
Wise up I remember days having to get changed in a ditch before and after games. i bet you'll not hear Kilcoo men worrying about their showering facilities as long as they get the job done. So what there is no showers , wise up as long as the pitch is in good nick and the supporters are treated to good games . in times past we never wooried about those things , they are unimportant in the bigger scheme of things . is there going to be a new breed of spice boys in our county? i hope not !

the gael takes no prisoners!

What just because they want to have a shower after the match? Dont be daft.

supersub

Anyone know when the league is due to be finished up? I know its jumping ahead but wondered if there were any proposed dates! Not that it affects us haha! Also is there an u20/21 competition this year? Its usually knocking about around this time.

Catch the high ball

SFC semi finals
Burren v Mayobridge
Bryansford v Kilcoo

IFC semi finals
Annaclone v Carryduff
Tullylish v Drumgath 

GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Dubh driocht

Although I have tipped Burren to win on Saturday, anyone writing off the 'Bridge is mad. They have been, are and will be a huge force in Down football and have set the standard on and off the field for 10 years.Having seen some of their underage teams at close quarters in recent years I wouldn't be too concerned. I think the last 4 in the championship , plus An Riocht ,Ballyholland, Clonduff and Rostrevor will be the top 8 for the next few years. Castlewellan, Liatroim,the 'Stone and the'Point will be the next 4.After a few years RGU, Bredagh,one of the Newry teams and Carryduff will hopefully join them.