Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general

Down ACFL Division 3
glenn beat newry bosco by one point,both teams poor, glenn playing terribal but still win! good win away from home for the john martins side

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3
Tullylish 0-14  Teconnaught 0-07

St Michaels beat Ballykinlar by 6 in Division 4.

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Saul 1-12  St Pauls 0-11

Anyone know how Drumgath v Ardglass went?

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 1

Bryansford 0-10  Longstone 0-10

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 2

Shamrocks 3-09  Carryduff 1-07

thewobbler

Down GAA Results Friday 4th May
O'Neills International Sportswear ACFL
Div 1
Rostrevor 0:10 An Riocht 2:6
Clonduff 3:11 Castlewellan 1:7
Longstone 0:10 Bryansford 0:10
Kilcoo 0:14 Loughinisland 0:5
Burren 1:8 Mayobridge 1:10
Liatroim 0:12 Atticall 0:10
Div 2
Shamrocks 3:9 Carryduff 1:7
Warrenpoint 2:10 Ballyholland 1:14
Clan Na Banna 1:9 Downpatrick 2:7
Darragh Cross 1:15 Glasdrumman 0:12
Annaclone 2:15 Kilclief 1:8
Saval 1:12 Ballymartin 2:9
Div 3
Drumgath 1:9Ardglass 1:13
Mitchels 1:11 Dundrum 2:11
Tullylish 0:14 Teconnaught 0:9
Saul 1:11 St. Pauls 0:9
Bosco 1:5 Glenn 0:9
Bredagh 2:12 Bright 2:6
Div 4
St. Johns 7:17Aughlisnafin 0:2
Aghaderg 0:9 Drumaness 4:16
Ballykinlar 2:3 St. Michaels 1:12
Democrat Media Hurling Leagues
Div 1
Kilclief v Ballycran
Portaferry 2:5 Ballygalget 0:10
Shamrocks 2:16 Liatroim 2:14
Div 2
Ballygalget v Portaferry
Bredagh 3:9 Warrenpoint 0:5
Clonduff v Ballycran
Castlewellan 3:10 Ballyvarley 3:15

Our game against Warrenpoint was exciting if not perhaps of the highest quality, as both sides were down a number of main players. It was a warm, still night and forwards were on top throughout. Harps dominated possession for long periods, but couldn't ever get any distance between them and their opponents, partly due to to poor shooting, partly due to two soft goals. Harps entered injury time a point down. With five minutes extra played, we made it in in front, and another two minutes passed before we were safe. During all that injury time Anthony Grimes was sent off for striking an umpire. The 'Point have a decent shell of a team, but are going to stuggle to field a team soon at this rate.

Pangurban

You have to admire the Fins doggedness and perseverance and hope they get there eventually, they certainly deserve a result

Bacon

Quote from: Pangurban on May 05, 2007, 09:55:57 PM
You have to admire the Fins doggedness and perseverance and hope they get there eventually, they certainly deserve a result
Didn't they beat Ballykinlar last year? I think Ballykinlar were missing a few that day - away in Iraq.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Bacon

Got down to Ballela for the senior challenge match with Dublin. It finished Down 3-11 Dublin 1-27. Walk in the park for the dubs. All our lads had played a match earlier in the day and it showed.  Magic looked sharpe, Graham Clarke was strong as ever in nets and Keiran Countney isn't out of place in senior hurling. With so many lads missing and the club and junior matches earlier in the day I'm not sure what Gerard Coulter learned from this.
Well done Ballela you have a great set up there now.

johnneycool

Did any of the other lads not turn up for the senior game? I heard Brendan McGourty didn't go even though there was a car ready to pick him up off the ferry boat?

Bacon

Quote from: johnneycool on May 08, 2007, 10:04:24 AM
Did any of the other lads not turn up for the senior game? I heard Brendan McGourty didn't go even though there was a car ready to pick him up off the ferry boat?
Andy Savage & Paddy Hughes weren't there either. Or if they were they didn't play. Simon Wilson wasn't playing either but I think he's injured.

Whitehair

Andy Savage was there just not togged out.

johnneycool

Our reserves got beaten by Newry last night and I was fairly impressed with big Courtney in midfield although his big loopy swing needs a bit of work and will find him out at county level if he doesn't get it sorted. I suppose he gets away with it at this level plus he pumps everything high into the edge of the square which was understandable last night as Eoin McGuinness was proving a handful and getting scores on the edge of the square. McGuinness is a handy enough tool himself and knows where the posts are, strong as an ox and most definately has something to offer at a higher level.

How did any of the other hurling games go last night?

Whitehair

We(ballela) were beaten by liatroim, by roughly 12 points maybe a few more. It was 0.7 to 0.4 at half time to them, we tired second half and they scored 2 goals inside 2minutes with about 5min to go through Aidan Brown and Liam Morgan. We put in a spirited preformance considering we were doubtful to field beforehand which was pleasing. I remember we beat ballygalget 2nds away two seasons ago, i hope for the sake of down hurling they dont deteriorate as alarmingly as we have.

Lecale2

Quote from: johnneycool on May 09, 2007, 03:24:45 PM

How did any of the other hurling games go last night?

In Div 2 Ballycran beat Ballyvarley 5-15 to 0-05 and Bredagh beat Clonduff 4-10 to 1-00. The Div 1 game between Ballycran and Portaferry was put off until tomorrow night.