Bearly on loose

St Michaels   v Aughlisnafin
  Drumaness v Mitchels
   Bright v St Pauls
   St John Bosco v Teconnaught

MCMLX

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 01, 2010, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: MCMLX on September 01, 2010, 09:00:14 PM
I think its a good idea. The money is needed and the lads deserve bit of backing. Its not a massive amount of money and its not like we are in this position very often. I have no problem with it.

I agree. It seems no matter what is done there's always somebody complaining.

Preparing a team properly to win an All Ireland isn't cheap. We don't get that many opportunities like this so let's do the thing as well as we can. If Down win; it will be well worth the extra few quid. If they don't well we can't say we didn't give it our best shot.

Money shouldnt really be an issue. Down fans have been coming out of the woodwork from the quarter final on, its not as if most of them have been up and down the country over the last number of years following Down through thick and thin. Money shouldnt come in to it at this stage. I will give what I can afford, I  hope everyone does likewise. We have waited 16 years for this and watched from a distance while Armagh and Tyrone fans complained about the price of pints in Dublin. Its our turn now.

mournerambler

Quote from: Long Ball on September 01, 2010, 09:43:17 PM
I don't care what you say- raising an extra £145,000 out of the pockets of genuine fans who have followed the team through thick and thin is a slap in the face. It wasn't needed in 91 or 94- I'm pretty sure the great Kerry team of the past decade didn't ask if of their supporters but our board only see the £ signs. Many genuine supporters are struggling for work never mind the fortunes they have already spent kitting out their kids in strips and getting them flags etc.

If your a genuine fan, as you claim to be LB then you will not begrudge a small contribution towards ensuring this group of players get the best of everything to help them in their quest for an All Ireland Senior title, these lads deserve the best & the money has to be got from somewhere, you should maybe go & get your ticket from outside the County if it causes you so much pain to pay the £12 extra.

DownFanatic

St Michaels   v Aughlisnafin
  Drumaness v Mitchels
   Bright v St Pauls

TheClutch

JFC

St Michaels  v Aughlisnafin
Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

Niall Quinn

St Michaels v Aughlisnafin
Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

umpire

Reminder.
The quarter finals of Junior Football start tonight at 7pm

Only 40 entries of 67 first round entries have enter so far.

Prediction League.

JFC

02/09/10   St Michaels  v Aughlisnafin
03/09/10   Drumaness v Mitchels
05/09/10   Bright v St Pauls
05/09/10   St John Bosco v Teconnaught

RGU08

St Michaels v Aughlisnafin
Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls

behind the wire

05/09/10  Bright v St Pauls
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

bredaghgael86

Donegal Danny

St Eunan's G.A.A. club from Letterkenny are currently holding their annual fundraising draw for 2 All Ireland tickets and hotel accommodation in Dublin. Tickets costs 10 euro. If they went up to Co Down someday selling how would they get on? Where could they set up to sell to loads of Down supporters in one place? What about ASDA OR The Quay's shopping center in Newry. Would it be better to reduce the tickets to £5? Any comments welcome. Thanks.

DaddyLongLegs

Banana Man

You'd get mugged Donegal Danny, trying to dangle those in front of us and make a few pound, I'm only speaking for myself but that sort of craic sickens me to be honest

Mourne Rover

JFC

02/09/10   ST MICHAEL'S  v Aughlisnafin
03/09/10   Drumaness v MITCHEL'S
05/09/10   BRIGHT v St Paul's
05/09/10   St John Bosco v TECONNAUGHT

twice is nice

Quote from: mournerambler on September 01, 2010, 10:59:24 PM
Quote from: Long Ball on September 01, 2010, 09:43:17 PM
I don't care what you say- raising an extra £145,000 out of the pockets of genuine fans who have followed the team through thick and thin is a slap in the face. It wasn't needed in 91 or 94- I'm pretty sure the great Kerry team of the past decade didn't ask if of their supporters but our board only see the £ signs. Many genuine supporters are struggling for work never mind the fortunes they have already spent kitting out their kids in strips and getting them flags etc.

If your a genuine fan, as you claim to be LB then you will not begrudge a small contribution towards ensuring this group of players get the best of everything to help them in their quest for an All Ireland Senior title, these lads deserve the best & the money has to be got from somewhere, you should maybe go & get your ticket from outside the County if it causes you so much pain to pay the £12 extra.
paying a bit extra on top of face value for this great bunch of lads is 1 thing, but the thing that annoys me is looking back on the county boards behaviour in previous years and the famous carry on with ross naming wrong team and numbers hence county getting fined!!!! perhaps this good oppurtunity for the board to recover it now?? they were shambles then and has much changed???