DaUmpire

Quote from: maldini on September 01, 2010, 11:14:05 AM
St Michaels v Aughlisnafin
Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls
St John Bosco v Teconnaught
same

bredaghgael

Bredagh Talks Sam is back for 2010! (Liam has been dropped for this year only).

This years event will take place in the Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast, on Thursday 16th Sept.

Confirmed guests: 

Mickey Harte - Manager of Tyrone when they won all 3 of their All Irelands

Mick O'Dwyer - 4 All Irelands as a player, 8 as a manager.

Joe Brolly -  RTE TV pundit, 2 time All Star & All Ireland winner with Derry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYycF8xb_c

We are still in negotiations with a number of other guests and their agents/Wags.  Names will be released in the next couple of days.

MC for the evening will be Jerome Quinn (well know GAA journalist).

Admission by Ticket only - £10 which gets you into a draw for All Ireland Final tickets.

Doors open at 8.15pm with a 8.30pm start - get there early as numbers are limited due to fire regulations, the common agricultural policy or some such thing.

The event is sponsored by First Trust Bank

Mid Down Gael

Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls

Catch the high ball

Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

supersub

Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls

Long Ball

It's a disgrace- what families who have followed Down all year can afford an extra £12 per ticket? The county board will make plenty from the final as it is with merchandising etc- it really is the Grab All Association if that get passed at the county board meeting
Drive yer boot in her!!

batman

St Michaels   v Aughlisnafin
  Drumaness v Mitchels
   Bright v St Pauls

5 Sams

In fairness lads the County Board are requesting people to pay the extra 12 quid to avail of the draw. It doesnt seem compulsory from my reading of it.
The Aristocrat Years

MCMLX

I think its a good idea. The money is needed and the lads deserve bit of backing. Its not a massive amount of money and its not like we are in this position very often. I have no problem with it.

Lecale2

Quote from: MCMLX on September 01, 2010, 09:00:14 PM
I think its a good idea. The money is needed and the lads deserve bit of backing. Its not a massive amount of money and its not like we are in this position very often. I have no problem with it.

I agree. It seems no matter what is done there's always somebody complaining.

Preparing a team properly to win an All Ireland isn't cheap. We don't get that many opportunities like this so let's do the thing as well as we can. If Down win; it will be well worth the extra few quid. If they don't well we can't say we didn't give it our best shot.

amallon

You may have heard about this:

You can download the form from here in .pdf format
http://www.sys-sol.net/Down_Breakfast.pdf
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

down6061689194

Anybody got a space in a 4ball for the Golf Classic?

I'm a member of Spa so could be an asset ;)

They are sold out already

Long Ball

I don't care what you say- raising an extra £145,000 out of the pockets of genuine fans who have followed the team through thick and thin is a slap in the face. It wasn't needed in 91 or 94- I'm pretty sure the great Kerry team of the past decade didn't ask if of their supporters but our board only see the £ signs. Many genuine supporters are struggling for work never mind the fortunes they have already spent kitting out their kids in strips and getting them flags etc.
Drive yer boot in her!!

Lecale2

A Mallon - are you trying to wind Long Ball up? Breakfast with the team and a golf classic to raise funds! Think of the "genuine fans"!

Long Ball - if you don't want to pay the extra few quid don't pay it. The County Board aren't going to send anyone round to your house to beat it out of you. Relax and enjoy the next couple of weeks build up to the match.

ApresMatch

St Michaels  v Aughlisnafin
   Drumaness v Mitchels
   Bright v St Pauls