Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Some shocking bias from the rte guys tonight on the sunday game, a full ten mins discussing how Kildare were robbed before even beginning to give the down lads any sort of credit of which they deserve plenty. This sickens me, it was the same v Kerry, excuses before giving credit to an ulster team! Poor Tohill was left to fight his own corner tonight to try and bring the real analysis of the game to the fore! Suppose we shouldn't expect any different but roll on the final and see if we get any credit for it if we manage to win!

amallon

We deserved everything we got today!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

norabeag

Keepthefaith93

Well done to Down yesterday, great team to watch. Good luck in the final, it should be a good weekends craic in Dublin.

Gaffer

Delighted for Down today. Fantastic efort. Let's hope for an Ulster double victory on the 19th.
Loved that scene at the end with all the Down players packed into the goalmouth.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

southdown

PME getting a lot of abuse on the main thread.  I thought he was awful from a Down point of view, Kildare seemed to get so many handy frees.

Still pinching myself!

smokeyjoe

A great win for down yesterday! I'm delighted for the boys!! Just looking at the game, moving forward! I don't think John Clarke had a great game yesterday and would be worried about how effective he might be with Sheilds marking him in the final! Also thought McCartan really struggled on Kavanagh when the ball came in! Luckily enough our midfield was able to stop that dangerous ball when the got to grips with the game!

On a more positive note how good was McKernan? I thought he excelled!

supersub

Does anyone have a list of the full down panel? Beyond the 30 in the programme?

Banana Man

What's the problem with Kevin Anderson being on the panel? I heard he raced up 1-04 in a challenge game last week

Banana Man

just on the PME issue i thought he was brutal from a down point of view save the goal issue.

I hear our friend kinneavey is being lined up for the final - if he is we can kiss goodbye to Sam this year

knockitdown

Quote from: Banana Man on August 31, 2010, 08:57:51 AM
What's the problem with Kevin Anderson being on the panel? I heard he raced up 1-04 in a challenge game last week

Has he played a club game all year? Has he even got a club at present?

Banana Man

Don't know what way his current situation is but i think he played 3 or 4 games for annaclone anyway

i just don't understand why someone on here feels the need to publicise their shock that he was on the panel

supersub

Any word on club championship? Obviously postponed until after the 19th I'd presume! Also are there fixtures for this weekend?

knockitdown

Quote from: supersub on August 31, 2010, 11:32:57 AM
Any word on club championship? Obviously postponed until after the 19th I'd presume! Also are there fixtures for this weekend?

We were told last night that there will be no matches (league or championship) until after the final. Basically a compromise as most of the teams with county players have went through the whole year without them, so at least they will have them for the last 3 or 4 matches.

Only re arranged games can be played inbetween times, ie games that should have been played by now but were postponed for one reason or another.