Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Lads,a local artist from the Bridge called  Robbie Dinsmore is releasing a song on Thursday  called "Down men".. All proceeds go to our club and i hope yous can buy a copy... the single is only £3 and i swear its very good!!! He could give Danny Doran a run for his money :D He mentions a lot of places in Down including Burren , Clonduff and Kilcoo ;D ;D Dundrum and Saval even get a mention  :) :) :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: T O Hare on August 24, 2010, 09:20:23 PM
Lads,a local artist from the Bridge called  Robbie Dinsmore is releasing a song on Thursday  called "Down men".. All proceeds go to our club and i hope yous can buy a copy... the single is only £3 and i swear its very good!!! He could give Danny Doran a run for his money :D He mentions a lot of places in Down including Burren , Clonduff and Kilcoo ;D ;D Dundrum and Saval even get a mention  :) :) :)

Have you any idea where it will be sold? Robbie is a good singer so im sure its well worth buying.

EagleLord

Robbie Dinsmore is a great singer alright, I asume it'l be in local shops TO'Hare? I'll pick up a copy surely. Great honest work from him too by the way, making all proceeds go to the club, thats very noble, I'm sure not all other artists are doing the same, fairplay to him.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Orior on August 22, 2010, 08:35:02 PM
Did I miss any discussion of the party in Ballyholland on Saturday night?

My dad certainly enjoyed it (any won by Armagh over Down is good in his books). Great entertainment by Benny Tierney.

I dropped the ladies off with the in-laws and took the wee lad over to this (his first Gaelic match).  Privileged to meet Paddy Doherty there.

Fair play to all those who took part - a very worthy cause.

Tierney was superb in goals - a man of the match performance. However I don't get Tierney's 'humour'. What was the pulling the shorts up shite?

Nor was the microphone boy particularly funny. He was slagging Tierney off about the size of his jersey when the jovial custodian could easily have borrowed it from the mc himself!!!
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

dundrumite

Quote from: T O Hare on August 24, 2010, 09:20:23 PM

Pass on details? ex primary teacher here and a very popular man in our neck of woods, will promote it to ensure it sells a few copies.

T O Hare

Being sold in all the shops and pubs around the Bridge plus the Bridge and Burren game on Friday! Will keep yous informed as all details as all have not been finalised yet! I would imagine it will be branch out to a few other shops throughout the county! Think its a great idea that all proceeds are going to the club, fair play to him!!!

thewobbler

Tommy, did yis play Burren last night?

We beat Annaclone but there's not much sign of any results around?

T O Hare

MAYOBRIDGE 0-9  BURREN  1-6

A last gasp point from Burren ensured that this Premier Reserve Championship game played in St. Mary's Park on Monday evening goes to a replay.  A draw was a fair enough result as when both sides look back on the game they will realise that they were both guilty of some very scrappy football and their scoring attempts left a lot to be desired.  The first half ended with Burren leading 0-3 to 0-2 with Cathal Killen and Keith Quinn on target for the 'Bridge.

With the sides level at 0-5 apiece midway through the second half the 'Bridge introduced the evergreen Michael Linden and with virtually his first touch he put the Sky Blues ahead.  Caolan Gallagher added another point and the 'Bridge looked to be on their way.  However Burren slammed in a goal in the 20th minute to rock the visitors.  The 'Bridge over came this setback and a Michael Linden free and a point from Caolan Gallagher nudged them ahead again. Then came that late equaliser to deny the 'Bridge a place in the next round for the time being at least.

Mayobridge scorers:  Barry Garvey (0-2), Michael Linden (0-2),Caolan Gallagher (0-2), Michael Butterfield (0-1), Keith Quinn (0-1), Cathal Killen (0-1).

good game!! Great crowd and very clean  ;D ;)

thewobbler

Cheers tommy.

Decky Moore took 2 linesmen with him last night and at throw in I think there were actually more officials than specatators!

It was a good win for Harps though. We should give you boys a better game this year if our paths should cross - although in fairness we would struggle to give you a worse game.

behind the wire

FAO No1, just as well you changed the manager during the season or you would have ended up wearing canterbury jerseys next season!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Wee Shea

St Michaels won 3-17 to 2-11, in the playoffs against the Mitchels I think.

No1

QuoteFAO No1, just as well you changed the manager during the season or you would have ended up wearing canterbury jerseys next season!

Sure what make of training gear do you think we are using now?   :o

I could tell you a story but I'm gonna let bygones be bygones.

behind the wire

Quote from: No1 on August 25, 2010, 10:10:31 PM
QuoteFAO No1, just as well you changed the manager during the season or you would have ended up wearing canterbury jerseys next season!

I could tell you a few myself!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

stpauls

Quote from: Wee Shea on August 25, 2010, 09:02:36 PM
St Michaels won 3-17 to 2-11, in the playoffs against the Mitchels I think.

BOLLOCKS!!  :(

Tomorrow is another day

Quote from: behind the wire on August 25, 2010, 10:27:20 PM
Quote from: No1 on August 25, 2010, 10:10:31 PM

I could tell you a few myself!

Go on! Tell us the gossip lol