Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Wobbs, that is the most sensible post I have read in a long while and was about to agree wholeheartedly until I saw we were in Div 3, so you can f**k right off.

;)

TORGAEL

Any predictions for South Down player of the year to be announced in Hilltown this friday nite ? The nominations are Jacky Lynch [Drumgath], Kevin McKernan [Burren], &  Ronan Murtagh [Ballyholland].

charlie stubbs

arguements for all but mckernan prob as he captained abbey which will help him

5 Sams

I think our boy will be up against it because the other two lads have won something this season...probably unfair but that's the way people think....however having watched him week in, week out for the past number of years in Division 1 and 2 there are very few forwards in Down club football that produce the goods as consistently as Murtagh.....I'm sure one of our colleague on here from the goalkeeping fraternity based near the Ards will back me up on this one :P
The Aristocrat Years

No1

Don't know who you mean 5 Sams but I think Murtagh should be a shoo in, without a doubt the best club forward we have ever come up against.  Pity he couldn't do it for his county. ;)

AMallon, if you are reading this, WTF is Benny doing playing soccer for Castlewellan III's?!

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

johnneycool

Did the Down trialists have a game against Queens footballers recently?

goldenyears

triallists have a game tonight, i think its an in house affair

No1

JC, any word on last nights hurling meeting?  Did our boys show up?

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on November 23, 2006, 12:19:03 PM
JC, any word on last nights hurling meeting?  Did our boys show up?

Is that the senior team meeting you are referring to?

If it is, yes, i think most of the Kilclief lads did, Finty Conway and Ciaran Sloane were two names I heard mentioned with a few others I'm not sure of.
Gazza is also back for another year  ::)

Good to see although they are supposed to start training next week and personally speaking I don't see the value in that. Warn the lads to make an effort on their own and then start training together after christmas. It's a real pain in the hole getting boats to and from the peninsula on winters nights without prolonging it.

P.S. I heard that the €10,000 the team got for the missing 5 minutes of the Christy Ring final is to be split among the players and I don't agree with that at all. I'd like to of seen it used more pro-actively than that like sending an U-14 team to the Tony Forrestal or something similar.

No1

QuoteI heard that the €10,000 the team got for the missing 5 minutes of the Christy Ring final is to be split among the players and I don't agree with that at all.

That's only because you jacked it in a year too early!

Finty and Ciaran were the only 2 boys selected, glad to hear they went.

Tell me about the boat on the winter nights, it's the main reason that my Ballycam career ended (that and the wife getting sick of me falling off the boat on a Saturday evening!!)

Lecale2

JC - What do you mean about the €10,000 being divided between the players? Did everybody else who was invited turn up for the squad meeting? 
No 1 - What position does Ciaran Sloane play for Kilclief. I don't think I know him.

johnneycool

Each player is to get €300 or so, that's what the county board agreed with the players. There was talk of O'Neills vouchers etc but they're now getting the raw cash. As far as I can remember there was only 24 or 25 on the panel at the time, so I'd expect they'd get €400 each

Ripping your bollocks out for another year isn't worth €4000 let alone €400 No001. My sanity comes first.

There were a few lads who didn't turn up, Barry Milligan, Gary Gordon etc but I don't think they had much interest in the first place. The Lad from Ballyvarley, Davy didn't make it but that's not to say he won't go, I don't know

No1

Lecale, Ciaran Sloan (Rosie) plays at midfield or centre half forward.  Himself and Finty played on the U-21 team that won Ulster a couple of years ago.

goldenyears

anyone near newcastle for the senior trials last night? they are on again on sat, some1 go along and fill us in....

last night had b grant, j clarke, p murphy, d hughes, r murtagh all "trialling", along with a number of new boys. i believe john quinn and pj mcalinden were there. 2 full scale rows on the night, some fella broke his hand on joe doran and d hughes and e henry set to as well.....

loads of fellas no one knew there, and did well. also, b rodgers (mbridge) did v well i hear