Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downredblack

downredblack

How did you do that GY ? you answered my question before I even asked it !! amazing .

Brick Tamlin

enlighten us further if you will GY or anyone else that was actually at the trials or has heard whos goin well and whos not.
any elder statesmen of club football at these trials?? Has any of last years panel not shown up so well, any of the younger generation impressing. any info at all??

kumquat

How big a panel will Ross have? 30? Any predictions on who from the new lot will make it? Who do you think will not make it from previous panels?
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

charlie stubbs

what ever happened stephen sands that done so well for u's a few years ago in minors?

johnneycool

Quote from: goldenyears on November 24, 2006, 12:37:34 PM
anyone near newcastle for the senior trials last night? they are on again on sat, some1 go along and fill us in....

last night had b grant, j clarke, p murphy, d hughes, r murtagh all "trialling", along with a number of new boys. i believe john quinn and pj mcalinden were there. 2 full scale rows on the night, some fella broke his hand on joe doran and d hughes and e henry set to as well.....

loads of fellas no one knew there, and did well. also, b rodgers (mbridge) did v well i hear

Wonder how the big Magic fella is getting on? He's got the ball out every night according to the lads at home.

amallon

Sounds like a full blooded trial.  I the fella Henry that was boxing Hughes from the point?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

cloneman

I think you're right amallon.  Apparently he was getting skinned and wanted danny's jersey as a souveniour before the trial was over which hughes didnt like.  At least it shows the lads are taking it seriously!

TORGAEL

They should be taking it seriously. It should be full blooded. They're trialling for a chance to play for their county !!!!!!!!!

Brick Tamlin

apparently threy were both at it with the younger fella roughing hughes up and giving him the niggles, hughes didnt like the close attention and both ended up rolling around on the floor for a few mins before being split up, was all handbags and no digs actually thrown i hear.Didnt hear anything about Hughes skinnin him.
in my opinion thats what a few boys in Down need, a few younger fellas with a take-no-shit attitude that wont back down at the though of roughin it with more established players in or outside the county, it will do no harm to see a few established boys skelped now and again, bring them down to earth. If they are goin to get that against the likes of Bellew, Mc Menamin then why not expect a similar doin from boys within our county.
If anything at least it shows a hunger or attitude that will do no harm

charlie stubbs

agree totally with bt.apparantly ahughes is a cocky **** so a bit roughin up wont do him any harm

thegael

Initial Thoughts-

as one who would not have picked this paricular duo for co management for '07 season i think they have started off fantastically.

they are spreading the net far and wide and by giving trials, players are being given a chance.

i think it all augurs well for the new season.the gael's agents have been reporting good stuff to him and so far the gael is impressed.

the gael takes no prisoners!

AnDunYeGo

Charlie i've heard this aswell about hughes, apparently he danders back into saval when the boys there have been training all year and tries to take over.

thegael

andunye go
don't be so spiteful about hughes he trains all year and looks after himself.
what do you want him to do train with saval and not down?
he is their most accomplished player at the moment ofcourse he is going to be the main man when he is there and it is not as if he is away playing soccer or drinking or the like.
if we in down had more people like danny hughes and his lifestyle and attitude to the game we'd be very lucky!

the gael takes no prisoners!

amallon

thegael you never miss the chance to get your dig in.   ::)
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.