Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wind yer neck in

I knew you would "Chow the ballicks off me", but all I was saying in response to T. O'Hare was that every club for whatever reason can let players slip through the net and some become great servants of the new club e.g. McGreevy, Trainor and Rice with the Town and some not so good. The players will find their level somewhere, whether it be the Fin or at a higher level Dundrum. Also my point on big Town clubs due to the rule of being allowed to play for the players fathers club in some instances they tend to do just that and thats why Newry, Downpatrick and Bryansford, to name a few, have alot of players living in their parishs but playing for clubs outside the parish :o. Thats all I wasn't being sanctimonious or anything like that I was only making a point of fact. All or most of the ones I mentioned played with the Ford to a certain level then left but many still remained in the parish,and thats acceptable and within the Gaa rules so no problems lets get on with it. Some response were a bit tetchy so as my pseudonym suggests.... ::) :P

goldenyears

i hear championship draw is being made next week - anyone confirm??

Out in Front

Quote from: Jimmyjimson on May 24, 2010, 12:18:33 PM
Lads, who was the A Clarke who came on for Down in the Christy Ring against Westmeath on Saturday ?

Do you mean this match according to the Down GAA website  ???
"Down were overcome in the Quarter Final of the Christy Ring Cup by Mayo on a scoreline of 2.21 to 1.13."

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

johnneycool

Quote from: Jimmyjimson on May 24, 2010, 12:18:33 PM
Lads, who was the A Clarke who came on for Down in the Christy Ring against Westmeath on Saturday ?

Aidan Clarke from Ballycran.

dundrumite

Quote from: Wind yer neck in on May 24, 2010, 12:27:15 PM
I knew you would "Chow the ballicks off me", but all I was saying in response to T. O'Hare was that every club for whatever reason can let players slip through the net and some become great servants of the new club e.g. McGreevy, Trainor and Rice with the Town and some not so good. The players will find their level somewhere, whether it be the Fin or at a higher level Dundrum. Also my point on big Town clubs due to the rule of being allowed to play for the players fathers club in some instances they tend to do just that and thats why Newry, Downpatrick and Bryansford, to name a few, have alot of players living in their parishs but playing for clubs outside the parish :o. Thats all I wasn't being sanctimonious or anything like that I was only making a point of fact. All or most of the ones I mentioned played with the Ford to a certain level then left but many still remained in the parish,and thats acceptable and within the Gaa rules so no problems lets get on with it. Some response were a bit tetchy so as my pseudonym suggests.... ::) :P

Fair enough.

Any word who the sponsor for the championship is?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: dundrumite on May 24, 2010, 06:16:23 PM

Fair enough.

I hear Morgan Fuels but unofficially.

T O Hare

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 24, 2010, 08:26:45 PM

Fair enough.

I heard that myself!! MDG did your seconds draw v An Riocht on Sunday??
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: T O Hare on May 25, 2010, 12:55:05 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 24, 2010, 08:26:45 PM

Fair enough.

I heard that myself!! MDG did your seconds draw v An Riocht on Sunday??

Yeah drew 1-4 to 0-7 in a dour game.

Wind yer neck in

I heard it was an offshoot of Morgans Fuel!

Wind yer neck in

Morgans Milk would you believe  ::) is his offshoot company, I suppose its a healthy option with the ban on alcohol sponsorship. He sells it all over the South and is a growing company. :D

Down South

Quote from: Wind yer neck in on May 25, 2010, 11:36:15 AM
I heard it was an offshoot of Morgans Fuel!

Stevie McDonnell is the poster boy for Morgan Milk. Will they get Stevie to make the draw?

southdown

The winner will receive the milk cup!

DownFanatic

Draw being made on Tuesday night I hear.

Lecale2

Quote from: Wind yer neck in on May 25, 2010, 11:40:31 AM
Morgans Milk would you believe  ::) is his offshoot company, I suppose its a healthy option with the ban on alcohol sponsorship. He sells it all over the South and is a growing company. :D

I hope there's no red milk been sold.