Loughinisland  1-7 3-9 Cill Darach   
St John Bosco  0-1 6-17 Kilcoo
Clann na Banna  1-7 5-17 Carryduff   
St Pauls  0-3 5-21 Burren
Atticall  6-7 1-13 Longstone
Drumaness  1-4 5-14 Castlewellan 
Bryansford  2-14 1-4 Bredagh 
Saul  2-1 7-11

thats the most one sided set of results I've ever seen! Some real hammerings there!

DownFanatic

Quote from: EagleLord on May 04, 2010, 10:01:41 PM
Quote from: Catch the high ball on May 04, 2010, 09:55:15 PM
Minor Championship Results
Ardglass  1-9 8-10 Ballyholland
Annaderg  0-7 6-21 Saval
An Riocht  1-9 6-14 Clonduff   
Loughinisland  1-7 3-9 Cill Darach   
St John Bosco  0-1 6-17 Kilcoo
Clann na Banna  1-7 5-17 Carryduff   
St Pauls  0-3 5-21 Burren
Atticall  6-7 1-13 Longstone
Drumaness  1-4 5-14 Castlewellan 
Bryansford  2-14 1-4 Bredagh 
Saul  2-1 7-11

thats the most one sided set of results I've ever seen! Some real hammerings there!

The draw is seeded so that two strong teams don't meet each other therefore avoiding the possibility of a strong team walking the B.

True Blue

MFC

Ballymartin 0-5 Warrenpoint 1-18
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

Lecale2

If it was seeded they did a good job.

norabeag

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 05, 2010, 08:04:57 AM
A waste of a night looking at the vast majority of those results
We would far better off going straight into A&B Championships
There will be a lot of grief over the next few weeks when championship or league matches are scheduled in exam time yet in terms of time and effort, money for travel and for ref expenses last night was a joke in the most cases

6th sam

Quote from: norabeag on May 05, 2010, 09:15:37 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on May 05, 2010, 08:04:57 AM
A waste of a night looking at the vast majority of those results
We would far better off going straight into A&B Championships
There will be a lot of grief over the next few weeks when championship or league matches are scheduled in exam time yet in terms of time and effort, money for travel and for ref expenses last night was a joke in the most cases

Agree totally Nora.All the results last night were fairly predictable,and with a tight fixture schedule,this series of games was a waste of a valuable fixture slot. I think if we have senior/intermediate and junior grades at adult level,we should aim to have the same at underage level.I think the natural division would be 15-a-side competitions at A & B level with 13-a-side at C level.I would suggest that these grades for championship and league proper are decided each year on the basis of initial A,B,and C leagues with promotion and relegation,giving every club the opportunity to find their most appropriate grading at each age group on a year to year basis.Underage fixtures should initially be on a regional basis,with an opportunity to play All-County later in the season.
The exam scenario creates enormous problems,and I can't understand why we must cram so many games in at all levels in the exam prep months of April,May,June and then have little action in the other months of the year.

downredblack

Fair play to Aaron Kernan ,

Aaron Kernan has pleaded with the CCCC to show leniency towards Down's Daniel McCartan, who is facing an eight-week suspension.

McCartan was sent off for allegedly stamping on the Armagh star during the NFL Division 2 final last Sunday week and an eight-week ban was subsequently proposed for the Burren clubman, which would see him miss the Ulster SFC opener against Donegal on May 30 and a possible semi-final against Tyrone or Antrim
Kernan, who is expected to appear before disciplinary chiefs on McCartan's behalf, said yesterday: "I don't like getting involved in these things but I didn't make much of it at all.

"I'd say if you look at it on TV, it looks like there's more to it, but he hardly touched me to be honest. Genuinely, I don't feel he meant to do what happened, I wouldn't see it as a stamp.

"It wouldn't like to see any man miss two or three months at the busiest time of the year over something like it."

wobbller

Quote from: downredblack on May 05, 2010, 12:59:59 PM

Aaron Kernan has pleaded with the CCCC to show leniency towards Down's Daniel McCartan, who is facing an eight-week suspension.

McCartan was sent off for allegedly stamping on the Armagh star during the NFL Division 2 final last Sunday week and an eight-week ban was subsequently proposed for the Burren clubman, which would see him miss the Ulster SFC opener against Donegal on May 30 and a possible semi-final against Tyrone or Antrim
Kernan, who is expected to appear before disciplinary chiefs on McCartan's behalf, said yesterday: "I don't like getting involved in these things but I didn't make much of it at all.

"I'd say if you look at it on TV, it looks like there's more to it, but he hardly touched me to be honest. Genuinely, I don't feel he meant to do what happened, I wouldn't see it as a stamp.

"It wouldn't like to see any man miss two or three months at the busiest time of the year over something like it."

The cameras didn't show it but Kernan started the argy bargy

EagleLord

I remember seeing it, fro ma distance obviously, thought it looked pretty deliberate at the time, never seen it on TV though. Is there anywhere to see it? youtube or nything?

thegael

Quote from: wobbller on May 05, 2010, 03:19:19 PM

So what you are saying  is that Mc Cartan retaliated to Kernan starting the argy bargy and obviously Mc Cartan had intent. The video shows that .It was a disgraceful thuggish action and a player who does that deserves to be punished heavily.A pr campaign can no way excuse such unsporting behaviour .

the gael takes no prisoners!

dodgy umpire

Quote from: thegael on May 05, 2010, 03:42:17 PM
Quote from: wobbller on May 05, 2010, 03:19:19 PM

So what you are saying  is that Mc Cartan retaliated to Kernan starting the argy bargy and obviously Mc Cartan had intent. The video shows that .It was a disgraceful thuggish action and a player who does that deserves to be punished heavily.A pr campaign can no way excuse such unsporting behaviour .

the gael takes no prisoners!

the gael, do you support Down?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

passedit

CHC impose eight week ban on McCartan

Down's Daniel McCartan closes in on Armagh's Ryan Henderson at Croke Park.
05 May 2010

Down's Daniel McCartan has had an eight week suspension imposed on him after the Central Hearing Committee adjudicated his case.

The Mourne defender was issued with a red card in the NFL Division 2 final against Armagh and was reported by the referee for 'stamping on an opponent.'

The Central Competitions Control Committee proposed the ban and McCartan did not accept that ruling, which led to the hearing.

A statement today from Croke Park confirmed the news: "The Central Hearings Committee did not find the video evidence submitted sufficiently compelling to contradict the contents of the Referees' Report and suspended Daniel McCartan for 8 weeks from the date of the game."

As it stands now the Burren clubman will miss the Ulster SFC opener against Donegal on May 30 and a possible semi-final against Tyrone or Antrim, although he still has the option to go to the Central Appeals Committee.
http://www.hoganstand.com/Down/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=128172
Don't Panic

Bearly on loose

These Down pages have become exceptionally quiet recently...anyway thought I'd throw out there a few predictions for games tomorrow night as the league's are slowly beginning to take shape this year...

Bryansford  Rostrevor - both teams showing signs of form but i'l go for a narrow home win.
Liatroim  Castlewellan - derby that could have major implacations on the rest of the season - low scoring win for liatroim   
Clonduff  Burren - Burren lookin good and should continue that on Friday   
An Riocht  Longstone - Stone did well last week when missing Ambrose and conor poland, think Kingdom will shade this though 
Mayobridge  Kilcoo - always an interesting game..what odds on a draw?  I'm sure a few posters would know!

Ballyholland  Warrenpoint - Think this games moved to Sunday, but fancy the harps to win easing up   
Kilclief  Tullylish  - Kilclief until this year usually formiddable at home, I fancy them to get back on track here
Clann na Banna  Loughinisland - Clann na banna seem to be going very well, but think island will have too much
Saval  Ballymartin  - Whites started well but have had two bad results recently, saval should be too strong
Downpatrick  Attical - Downpatrick should get back on track with plenty to spare here

Don't know enough about Divisions 3 and 4...
Folks feel free till add your tupence woth!
Annaclone  Shamrocks