Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Burren 3-6 Kilcoo 1-7.

Burren just about deserved it. Kilcoo gave away two shocking goals early on which made it very difficult, burren battled back gamely only for Burren to break away at end with 1-1 on the counter attack. Great tence, competitive game between two top sides.

goldenyears

DownFanatic

Division 3

Glasdrumman 3-17  Dundrum 1-06

Glasdrumman won this handily enough without breaking much sweat. They were far too physically strong for us and they have a great forward line which links up well. They keep their 100% record in tact while we now have lost four out of our first five.

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 1

Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   

Liatroim  0-10 2-13 Bryansford  Liatroim Round 5 
Burren  3-6 1-7 Kilcoo  Burren Round 5 
Longstone  1-10 1-10 Mayobridge  Longstone Round 5 
Rostrevor  0-9 0-8 Clonduff  Rostrevor Round 5 
Castlewellan  1-11 1-15 An Riocht  Castlewellan Round 5 

ACFL Division 2

Annaclone  0-4 1-16 Loughinisland  Annaclone   
Atticall  2-9 3-14 Kilclief  Atticall   
Downpatrick  0-14 2-10 Tullylish  Downpatrick   
Ballymartin  0-10 0-6 Ballyholland  Ballymartin   
Saval  2-12 0-10 Warrenpoint  Saval   
Shamrocks  0-7 1-14 Clann na Banna  Shamrocks   

ACFL Division 3

Glasdrumman  3-17 1-6 Dundrum  Glasdrumman Round 6 
Carryduff  0-15 0-8 Ardglass  Carryduff Round 6 
St John Bosco  1-9 1-14 Drumaness  St John Bosco Round 6 

ACFL Division 4

Teconnaught  1-15 0-7 Aughlisnafin  Teconnaught   
St Michaels  3-20 0-3 Ballykinlar  St Michaels   
Dromara  1-9 0-7 Aghaderg  Dromara

goldenyears

That's not right! Bholland won by 6!!

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: banker on April 29, 2010, 09:07:26 PM
The bridge must not be going at full tilt in the league this year. Although Longstone are tough opposition.

They are two great results which Tullylish and Clann na Banna pulled off tonight both away from home. Division 2 is very tight this year

Wouldnt panic yet Banker! We are missing quite a few at the moment. Gavin Barry, Noel Sexton, John Caldwell, Seamus Grant, Liam Coulter, Michael Walsh all weren't playing tonight. I would think these lads will possibly play come Championship time.
But as you said, "Longstone are tough opposition". It is a hard place to go and win, they are a hard working team with great players!

norabeag

Quote from: goldenyears on April 29, 2010, 10:25:06 PM
That's not right! Bholland won by 6!!
Whats the story here? Co website have it Harps lost.

goldenyears

No idea Nora - it was 9-7 to harps at halftime. In fact it was 9-2 after 20 mins.
Game def finished up with 6 point win for harps

cabra_harps

That still leaves Castlewellan and Leitrim stuggling at the bottom, if I'm right? Four matches... no wins. Not looking too good. Wouldn't it be awful if Castlewellan went down.... :O

supersub

Anyone know anything about new additions to the county panel...?

T O Hare

Quote from: supersub on April 30, 2010, 11:20:51 AM

I heard Conor Poland, Paul Devlin, Anton McArdle and Darren O'Hagan were called up!!!

I was impressed with Martin Cole and Shaun Parr on Monday evening!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

umpire

Quote from: T O Hare on April 30, 2010, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: supersub on April 30, 2010, 11:20:51 AM

I heard Conor Poland, Paul Devlin, Anton McArdle and Darren O'Hagan were called up!!!

I was impressed with Martin Cole and Shaun Parr on Monday evening!!

Outside the Down Panel of players, Shaunn Parr is most impressive player in Down at the moment, he should be recalled to Down panel and given a decent chance to impress. I would like to see him playing in full forward line with Benny and John Clarke.

EagleLord

Better player at half-back I reckon..

The Worker

any word on luke howard, is he back training yet?

supersub

Quote from: EagleLord on April 30, 2010, 02:44:28 PM
Better player at half-back I reckon..

and here lies the problem! Shaun has been changed position so much over the last 3 or 4 years since he was a county u21 that it has really hampered his progress when it comes to fillin a position on the county team! Play him anywhere in your club team and he will excel and be one of the best players everytime - but it is hard to bring this versatility to the county set up. He was being played half back when he was on the panel earlier in the year and he hadnt played there for almost 2 years! I agree he should be given another chance to impress! But as long as he does the business for us we wont be wanting him to miss too many of our games!

With regards to the other players called up - yes those are the names I heard too, was just wanting to see if there was confirmation!